Chemist / prescription apps discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

Curious if anybody uses these?  (eg chemist warehouse app)
What are the benefits?
Do you have any concerns about privacy or digital security?

Im also interested in digital receipts and the pros / cons privacy around them (eg jb hifi)

(clearly Im debating putting more of my life into my phone :p )

#2 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

I use the Medadvisor one that Quality Pharamacy has. It's been great as even if I lose a script I have been able to get a repeat. Saves also calling the store, getting transferred to the right person, them finding my script on file..
Also great at reminding me to refill or go to the doctor.
Privacy wise, if you have a pin or fingerprint or face id on your phone, it would stop causal snooping.

In regards to digital recipts well thermal printed ones fade in a year or two. You were often told to either photocopy or take a photo. Digital means all you do is save to a file on your computer etc and don't worry. But of course make an external back up. Great for items with a long warranty or you can get consumer protection for a long time.

#3 #YKG

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:58 AM

I don’t yet use the pharmacy apps. But I do do the email/sms receipts where offered. I hate receipts it’s unnecessary paper hanging around, plus they fade, rip, crumple up, get lost when you need them. I have a folder in my email specifically for receipts so if I need to find it I just go into the folder and it’s there. Makes it easier.

#4 mayahlb

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

I use MedAdvisor on and off. Mainly to keep track of my kids medications. I do find it useful, though the chemist here knows me really well and they know where the scripts we keep on file are. I think if you have multiple scripts it good. I wouldn't bother if you don't use multiple scripts. You can also put in the order and then go pick it up later rather then going in submitting it and then waiting around.

#5 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

View PostKiwi Bicycle, on 20 June 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Privacy wise, if you have a pin or fingerprint or face id on your phone, it would stop causal snooping.

Thank you, I meant more in terms of the app getting hacked and hackers getting your data. But realistically I suppose they could hack a chemist shop computer, or medicare?

Im in a job where I have been warned to be careful of hackers (I have access to system passwords) just in case anyone thinks Im paranoid - but I am also probably just plain paranoid haha.

#6 MurderBritches

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

I use the Chemist warehouse app to order scripts all the time. Exceptionally useful.

I do get digital receipts from Ikea and Harvey Norman as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.