Eyebrows - threading or waxing?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ERipley

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

I got mine waxed yesterday and my skin is still quite red across the top. The woman next to me got hers threaded and she looked fine afterwards while I was walking around looking like I had a rash. I have never tried threading though I am tempted now. I think it’s the same price. What do you do? And why?

#2 Pocket...

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

I did threading for ages but did waxing on a whim when having just stuff done and will stick to waxing now. I find the redness the same, about half an hour or so but the effect lasts much longer for me with waxing.

#3 nom_de_plume

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:48 PM

Team waxing here. I find threading so painful in comparison. I’m red afterwards no matter what I do. I take the after sun gel with me and pop it on to help with the redness.

#4 JediMaster

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:59 PM

I wish I had never done anything to mine. I'm at the age where ladies start looking at semi permanent tattoos 8-(

#5 Literary Lemur

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:06 PM

I think with threading you need to right person. I id have a great one (still painful) but the last technician was terrible and it bled and then scarred up. Never again.

#6 BornToLove

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:06 AM

For me, I go with threading. The skin around my eyes is so thin that I can easily get minor burns and often wax can take patches of skin along with the hair. I also personally find threading to be better when it comes to reshaping and symmetry.

However I fully agree with PP that you need to find the right person. It makes a huge difference in overall pain and discomfort during and random stray hairs after. Ask for referrals, make note of the places that are always busy, and don’t be afraid to pay a bit more for better results.

#7 boysescakes

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:51 AM

Waxing no question. I find threading so painful, especially my lip.....ouch!!!
Plus I always had the threading lady asking if i was plucking my eyebrows because the hairs are different lengths? That annoyed me. That’s normal!

#8 ERipley

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

I had no idea threading was so painful. Is it worse than tweezers? Why doesn’t anyone just use tweezers?

#9 JustMyGirl

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

I did threading for years but had one bad experience (horribly painful and came up with big red blotches after) which put me off. I went back to waxing and now wonder why I put up with the pain of threading for so long. I don’t even flinch with waxing so it’s not my pain threshold. Threading just hurts!

#10 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:00 PM

i too would like to know the difference between threading and plucking. people have tried to explain it to me but i dunno...i really really don’t get threading....

#11 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

I get redness for 3 days with waxing my eyebrows, so now I just get them to pluck. Lucky I don’t have a lot of hairs to remove! Reminds me I really need to get mine seen to.

#12 BornToLove

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 25 June 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

i too would like to know the difference between threading and plucking. people have tried to explain it to me but i dunno...i really really don’t get threading....

It’s all the same really, pulling hair completely out. The method is different. With plucking, you’re pulling hairs out one at a time. Threading pulls hairs out as the individually but as they catch on the twists in the thread.

Re:pain Threading should be uncomfortable but not painful. If it’s unbearable, they have poor technique and I’d go else where next time. Some beauticians are better than others. Like I said, get recommendations and look for places that are regularly busy.

#13 Pink Flamingo

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:12 PM

I get my eyebrows threaded. I like that it is quick and fairly painless. I only find it painful if I go too long between visits. I normally get it done every 3 weeks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.