Australian Politics Thread #8

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

#601 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:43 AM

Protesters urge PM 'come home and face the fires'

Climate protesters have launched a "camp-out" at Scott Morrison's Sydney prime ministerial residence, vowing to stay put until he returns from holiday.

Amid a strong police presence on Thursday morning, demonstrators set up tents outside Kirribilli House as they demanded urgent action amid unprecedented bushfires.

https://www.smh.com....219-p53lbc.html

Let's see him ignore this.

#602 purplekitty

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

MerryMadrigalMadge, on 19 December 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

Actual tweet by a LNP mp, Andrew Laming. People vote for this kind of division and crap?

Love how the inner city elite wet themselves when they see some smoke  blows between them and the next high rise apartment block. Perhaps next time vote for an MP that doesn’t blacklist backburning and fire prevention measures.

Such empathy,are they all sociopaths?

And the arrogance again.
He knows that is a lie about back burning.

#603 Amica

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:14 AM

Barnaby Joyce's Christmas message.

This has to be seen to be believed. This is our democratically elected MP and ex deputy PM. Australian's are so thick, honestly. It doesn't get much more ridiculous than this.

https://www.sbs.com....ristmas-message

Edited by Amica, 25 December 2019 - 12:32 AM.

#604 purpleduck

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:40 AM

he’s a joke. Unfortunately an elected joke.

#605 (feral)epg

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

Amica, on 25 December 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

Barnaby Joyce's Christmas message.

This has to be seen to be believed. This is our democratically elected MP and ex deputy PM. Australian's are so thick, honestly. It doesn't get much more ridiculous than this.

https://www.sbs.com....ristmas-message

When even the politicians want politics out of their lives - maybe we need some politicians who actually value our political system.

It makes me wonder whether Barnaby is genuinely taking the p*ss - trying to see just how much he can get away with in a state of growing disbelief that the public just keep on putting up with his incompetence and hypocrisy.

#606 purplekitty

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

What a disaster these LNP governments are.
What was the attraction for voters,like Trump we knew who they were and what to expect.
They are changing Australia in irreversible ways.

NSW Emergency Minister jets out for his holiday while the State burns.

NSW also set to privatise State forests to finance infrastructure.

https://www.theguard...ndroidApp_Tweet

#607 purplekitty

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:16 AM

It was also reported yesterday that ACAT was going to be privatised.

The Aged Care Assessment Team is the basis of getting support and does a fantastic job.

This will be a nightmare in an already struggling system.

#608 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:14 PM

The audit report into the blatant pork barrelling from Bridget McKenzie via the sports grant program was released today.

Reading it, it's completely clear that the grants were made to porkbarrell, ignoring all the work from Sport Australia. Eg Georgina Downer and her clown cheque presentation. If she gets parachuted in Bernardi's senate vacancy, she'll be a joke.

https://www.anao.gov...ructure-program

And to think of all the volunteers around the country who spent hours writing grant applications that didn't make it because they didn't live in the right area.

#609 purplekitty

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

Please not Georgina Downer.

#610 purplekitty

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

OM*G,this thread by Tony Abbott.

https://twitter.com/...667496468279299

#611 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:49 AM

So McKenzie has been referred for investigation.

She’s a she, a Nat and in a pretty safe seat.

Expendable.

#612 Riotproof

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

Of course.

I have followed Craig Kelly on Facebook just to see what he’s up to.  And I really have to wonder how he does anything else with all his prolific and long winded Facebook posting.

#613 (feral)epg

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:33 PM

Riotproof, on 23 January 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Of course.

I have followed Craig Kelly on Facebook just to see what he’s up to.  And I really have to wonder how he does anything else with all his prolific and long winded Facebook posting.

That's revolting.  I hope you shower often.

#614 Riotproof

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:43 PM

Do they really say the our father before every session? Or has is changed since 1996?

#615 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:30 AM

Nothing against furniture salesmen, but how Craig Kelly, with a yr 12 and a career in furniture before politics, consistently thinks he is able to counterargue science is a perfect example of whats wrong.

#616 purplekitty

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

WTF is happening?
Tanya Plibersek.

https://twitter.com/...893317052764161

BTW,I can't copy and paste any Twitter tweets anymore without getting a 403 Forbidden error.
Is that happening to anyone else?

#617 Amica

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:10 PM

The pledge: From this time forward, I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect, and whose laws I will uphold and obey.

Has she been hacked?

ETA: It just let me cut and paste Purplekitty.

Edited by Amica, 25 January 2020 - 04:11 PM.

#618 Amica

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

Just answering my own question, it's more likely a massive shift to the right, and the timing is coordinated.

Edited by Amica, 25 January 2020 - 04:17 PM.

#619 BadCat

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

I used to like Tanya Plibersek.  Now she can get in the bin with the rest of them.

On a completely unrelated issue... how hard is it to get NZ citizenship?

#620 purplekitty

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

If they're looking to lose true believers they are going about it the right(Right) way.

#621 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

Oh Tanya,  Please no!

Love the responses from Wendy Harmer and Scott Ludlam though.  And the rest.

I don't stand for our current democracy or our current laws.

I hope she's been hacked!   C'mon Albo - deal!

#622 *Spikey*

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:00 PM

There has been a few things lately that have been off with Tanya. This is just way off.

She needs better advisors. She probably thinks this is going to attract the yob LNP/PHON vote. Nup. But it does alienate those who believe in a secular and free Australia - and we've given up quite enough freedom without turning our kids into the 2020 version of Hitler Youth.

#623 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

https://www.theguard...onal-park-video

The utterly shameful decision by the NSW libs to declare the brumbies as a protected animal is coming home to bite, as the 20,000 horses destroy what is left after the fires went through Kosciuszko.

And the Qld lNP are aso tearing themselves into pieces, with the rise of "Christian soldiers".

https://www.theaustr...50bbc93dd69d43d

#624 *Spikey*

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

Seems she's getting a hammering. Well deserved too.

#625 Amica

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

*Spikey*, on 25 January 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

Seems she's getting a hammering. Well deserved too.

Do you think they read the comments? Genuine question. I'm not sure they do. I am not even sure TP even posted it, but rather a staffer.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 10 guests, 1 anonymous users

Meepy

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.