https://www.facebook...8063747591/?d=n
How good is science? *crickets*
How good are thoughts and prayers?? *cheer*

#777 Lunafreya

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

New game: take a drink ever time Sco Mo says Australians

#778 purplekitty

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:50 PM

Company part owned by Angus Taylor illegally poisoned critically endangers grasslands.
More than a hint of corruption and undue influence as well.

Jam Land, the company part-owned by the energy minister The decision comes three-and-a-half years after Jam Land poisoned the grasslands on a property in Corrowong.

Angus Taylor is a shareholder in Jam Land, via his family company Gufee, and his brother Richard is one of Jam Land’s directors.

The investigation has taken more than three years and has been controversial because Angus Taylor sought meetings with senior environment officials about the grasslands while it was under way. The office of the then environment minister Josh Frydenberg subsequently sought advice about whether laws protecting the grasslands could be changed.

https://www.theguard...re_iOSApp_Other

#779 purplekitty

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

Peter Dutton 'forgets' to declare a million dollar property.

What would our chances be with the tax department if we failed to declare the assets that so many LNP politicians seem vague about.

https://www.news.com...8160b0d5f2ac946

#780 purplekitty

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

Tony Abbott for Eden-Monaro?

2020 you can leave now.

#781 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:11 PM

purplekitty, on 06 May 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

2020 you can leave now.
Seriously???? Nooooooooooo!!!!

#782 (feral)epg

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

2020 you can leave now.

My first inclination is to laugh and say Yeah, bring it.

Then I remembered that it's 2020 and the leader of the free world is a man who thinks injecting bleach is a viable medical procedure.

#783 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:23 PM

2020 you can leave now.

Does he have beer flavoured nipples or something?

Or something incriminating on the powerful in the party?

#784 (feral)epg

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:35 PM

2020 you can leave now.

Is this an actual thing?  Where are you getting  it from?

#785 purplekitty

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:44 PM

(feral)epg, on 06 May 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Is this an actual thing?  Where are you getting  it from?

https://www.9news.co...33-d50cf27a223f

#786 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

There is something brewing.
I cannot believe Andrew Constance and John Balliaro would announce they will be running then withdraw without a reason or incentive to drop or serious pressure.

#787 Gumbette

Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:45 PM

purplekitty, on 01 May 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

Peter Dutton 'forgets' to declare a million dollar property.

To be fair who doesn’t have at least a couple of those lying around?  I myself find it hard to keep track.

#788 L27

Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:33 AM

I heard Georgina Downer but Tony Abbott makes far more sense. URGH

#789 purplekitty

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:26 PM

Georgina looks like she will kept trying until someone will have.

Such a lot of grifters entering politics.

#790 Lunafreya

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:10 PM

Sums up a lot about the Nats

https://www.theguard...out?CMP=soc_567

#791 Murderino

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:33 PM

Lunafreya, on 07 May 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

Sums up a lot about the Nats

https://www.theguard...out?CMP=soc_567

Katharine Murphy says this...

and then they wonder why their constituents are alienated and angry.

Are they really wondering that? They keep being re-elected so they probably don’t wonder why their constituents are alienated and angry.

#792 purplekitty

Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:56 PM

Bridget Mackenzie was told to get authorisation from #scottyfrommarketing for the sports rorts.

No surprise there, what a lying weasel he is.

https://www.theguard...-grants-program

#793 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:59 AM

Do you mean this bit?

“On 27 February, Morrison told the House of Representatives that “there was no authorisation provided by me as prime minister on the projects”.“

He’s a weasel but I bet technically he thinks it’s all good because he approved it as a senior liberal party guy for the campaign and not wearing his ‘as prime minister’ hat.

Otherwise, why say it that way?  Deny while it’s a hot potato in the press, claim it’s not a lie later because you think that’s 2 different things.
All good nothing to see here.  
/s

#794 Lunafreya

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:36 AM

He lied to parliament

#795 purplekitty

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:11 PM

So have many of his Ministers.

It's all good, no ethical standards anymore and Australians seem to be OK with that.

We really shouldn't scoff at the US.

#796 Meepy

Posted 10 May 2020 - 02:16 PM

I don’t think Australians are ok with being lied to by our parliamentarians generally.  I do think they are fed up with them and don’t understand how government works properly.
separation of powers, ministerial accountability, ethical standards, constitutional law and how they are work are not common knowledge or of interest to many.
the dumbing down of society to the irrelevant has exacerbated this, as has the focus on me, rather than we.  
current pandemic illustrates this - at first a collective response by the populace, now I’m bored with this, it’s what I want to do,not what is good for all.

#797 purplekitty

Posted 10 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

The media has to take some responsibility.

It once educated and critiqued, it is almost a propaganda arm of the RW now.

#798 Lunafreya

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:51 AM

Except for the ABC

#799 purplekitty

Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:39 PM

Lunafreya, on 11 May 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

Except for the ABC
That is changing so rapidly it is a crime.

How many more IPA stooges and RW lobbyists can they cram on panels?

Also employing Sky news,Murdoch apparatchiks who turn out every bit as you would expect.

#800 Lunafreya

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:38 AM

I know, an attempt to appease the Libs and save their funding. And the ABC is so valuable, especially this year with the virus and the fires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.