Onwards and upwards

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#51 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

So on Tuesday morning i was freaking out about needing knee surgery and being alone, and my home is a pigsty because I haven't really unpacked from holidays and lets face it the place wasn't immaculate because 'holidays' and i wasn't really seeing how i would fix it any time soon.

Beside the carting of stuff upstairs and down all i could think of was chore like stuff so i put a post on my local family FB page and asked if a teenager would like to make some cash after school once a week.

I ended up meeting a lovely girl and her mum and actually my loss came up and my subsequent IVF, and i realised actually this could be the start of something great.

Even though i am not having the surgery, having someone nearby who can run errands for me whilst doing the IVF on my own.

And when bub gets here. how great will it be to have a teen girl be able to come over once a week and unpack and pack the dishwasher. watch the baby while i shower. or even take the baby for a walk around the block so i can have a nap!

The mum struck me as someone who wouldn't be able to help sending down a casserole with her daughter every now and then!

I seriously believe things happen for a reason and as sh*t as my knee was/is, now its not delaying IVF maybe the reason was i needed to meet these people?

Edited by IamOzgirl, 23 September 2019 - 07:59 PM.

#52 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

Oh I agree, cultivate the relationship. I used to do some basic babysitting and chores for a mum a couple of doors down from us, it was great for me to earn a little money and allowed her to go to appointments, exercise etc.

#53 IamOzgirl

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

So annoyingly my period arrive 2 days early. So not sure they will let me start this cycle as my first injection would be CD3.

#54 ckmelb

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:22 AM

Hi OP, periods never behave when you need them to. I have pretty much always started meds on day 3 for IVF cycles. Are you doing and antagonist cycle? If so I am going to speculate it will be all good for Monday

Also what time is day did your period arrive? My clinic said after 3pm day 1 was the next day

Best of luck

#55 IamOzgirl

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

Yeah unfortunately it was god damn morning! No pushing those boundaries!

Mine was CD2 after a down reg. Doing a short cycle this time so not sure of start day. I suppose I will find out tomorrow.

Edited by IamOzgirl, 25 August 2019 - 07:34 PM.

#56 *Andi*

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

Edited by *Andi*, 16 February 2020 - 09:47 AM.

#57 cvbn

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:18 PM

Best wishes to both of you! :hugs:

#58 IamOzgirl

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

Oh And, I'm sorry for your loss and you recent bad luck :-(

Why can't our bodies behave... But I suppose IVF is because or bodies don't behave in the first place...

Good luck with you FS tomorrow.

#59 *Andi*

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

Edited by *Andi*, 16 February 2020 - 09:48 AM.

#60 IamOzgirl

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:26 PM

So my FS decided to down reg me, so not stimming this month. 2 weeks of down reg starting 9 Sept.

Great news for you!

#61 *Andi*

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

Edited by *Andi*, 16 February 2020 - 09:48 AM.

#62 IamOzgirl

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Thank you!

#63 IamOzgirl

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

Started down reg meds today. two weeks of this and then FSH injections.

#64 cvbn

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:57 PM

So excited for you x

#65 IamOzgirl

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:56 PM

Finished down reg meds today.

Injections start on Friday!

#66 cvbn

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

Eeek! :clap:

#67 IamOzgirl

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:51 PM

First injection tonight.

#68 cvbn

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:52 AM

Fingers and toes crossed!

#69 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

I have no idea what this all involves - what’s happening with the first injection? What does it do? All I know is that I’m excited that it’s starting!

#70 IamOzgirl

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:15 PM

First injection of the hormone that grows (hopefully multiple) eggs!

I have to inject every day for the next 10 - 12 days.

I am on double the dose I had last time.

I have bloods to check how I am responding next Tuesday. And then a scan next Friday (internal ultrasound to check one follicle growth)

#71 SMforshort

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

Wishing you all the best.

#72 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:32 PM

Hope you grow a good number of beautiful eggs, fingers crossed

#73 K.heather

Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

Good luck how exciting :)

#74 IamOzgirl

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

10 eggs!

Fingers crossed for a good fertilisation rate!

#75 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:49 AM

You are amazing!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.