Now it's just the poos. And its killing me.
We have been at this since April. And we have had TWO poos in the potty. 2. She is 3 years old.
The problems are:
1) she holds on for 2-3 days. So it's always big and uncomfortable.
2) she poos standing or kneeling
3) she will not tell us when its going to happen. You will just notice that she is stitting funny or strangely quiet. It is always too late. She is now banned from the toy room because the carpets will be wrecked from the wee. It's disappointing because I want to encourage independent play, but every so often she messes herself so I have to watch her like a hawk. It's exhausting.
4) attempts to make her sit on the potty or toilet end in an absolute dog fight if she doesn't feel like a wee.
5) she refuses any medicine that will help her. The doctor recommended movicol because she was holding poo when she had a laxative. I cannot get it in her. All medicines end in nearly an hour of fighting.
6) nothing seems to motivate change. We have tried sticker charts and rewards. She knows she'll get a fun size box of smarties for a poop and 3 poops in the potty means she gets the barbie helicopter waiting for her. We've yelled, coaxes, reassured, cuddled, begged, pleaded and attempted to bribe. At the moment she has lost all tv after poopinh her pants while we were at the park. 10 minutes after we went to the loo.
Holding it in seems to be sending hee backwards because she has been wetting herself more lately.
She gave herself an anal fissure from holding and doing big uncomfortable poos.
We've spoken to her about it. At length.
I don't know what to do. My dad says just stick her on the toilet for 5 mins every day and it'll happen. But it'd be easier to put a bowtie on an angry crocodile.
Any help is appreciated. I can't keep cleaning this much poop. I have a 6 month old to contend with too. N9t to mention her toxic farts
Edited by cinnamonnutmeg, 02 July 2019 - 02:48 PM.