Breastmilk bags

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tryagain2

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

Hello,
Just after suggestions for breastmilk storage bags?
Have read some a very thin so can often leak etc etc.
Come at me with your tips and brands and where you got them.
Thank you

#2 Lou-bags

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

Swispers.

Cheap, never had one break. Got then at my local chemist. Occasionally saw them at a supermarket IIRC.

#3 Lou-bags

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:12 PM

Pigeon brand were my least fave of the ones I tried. But even then, never had one leak or break.

Also- I always froze laying flat and stored in a hard nappy wipes box (huggies or treasures do them)- with the oldest at the front, freshest at the back.

#4 Beanette

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

Swisspers are great and well priced.

My favourite are Lansinoh brand, I bought big boxes of 100 bags from ebay and they worked out to be cheaper than Swisspers when I bought them this way (but they are ridiculously expensive from the chemist!)

#5 cvbn

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

I just used ziplock bags, the snack size.

#6 Future-self

Posted 06 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

Ziplock bags
Cheap, thick and easy to get.
Write date with a Niko pen.
Stored flat like Lou-bags said, in a plastic container in the freezer

#7 Mooples

Posted 06 July 2019 - 03:15 PM

I exclusively pumped so used somewhere around 1500 bags, I couldn’t afford to use proper breastmilk bags so I used home brand snap lock bags. Yes on the rare occasion one snagged and got tiny little holes so leaked but overall it was a pretty good way of doing it.

#8 blackcat20

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:17 PM

I just use supermarket brands zip lock bags.

#9 MummaBlossom

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

Another vote for swispers. Definitely the cheapest of the chemist stocked ones. I could only find them at chemist warehouse though. No leaking or breaking over two years of pumping.

#10 AdelTwins

Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

I used the Avent cups. Stackable, reusable, etc. Then wash and sterilize as per normal.

I used them for food purées as the kids got older.

https://www.bigw.com...pack/p/8396345/

#11 imme

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

I've always just used sandwich zip lock bags... only ever had one leak slightly from a corner as it defrosted but given almost exclusively pumped for 12 months that's a pretty darn good success rate!

#12 onetrick

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostAdelTwins, on 06 July 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

I used the Avent cups. Stackable, reusable, etc. Then wash and sterilize as per normal.

I used them for food purées as the kids got older.

https://www.bigw.com...pack/p/8396345/

We did exactly this! Brilliant as they can be reused all the time. DS is 14 months and we still use them for purees/ sauces that he will eat. There are pretty much always some in the freezer door at our place. They are a good size for snacks now, too :)

We use disposable nappies so I'm not having a go at anyone, but I felt like this was one way in which I could reuse and not feel wasteful with no extra effort on my part. I also was.less likely to spill a cup than a bag of milk, but maybe that's just me lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.