Bleeding at 6 weeks

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 shopgirl84

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:50 PM

Afternoon Ladies,
Last night while on a plane I unfortunately started bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant.
Today I booked my GP to have bloods done prior to the bleeding to confirm pregnancy. They took my bloods today and then have me planned to take again in 2 days time to check hormone levels. I haven't had any cramping. I just feel really drained from crying alot and being upset and I have a huge headache that I can't kick.
My doc said there isn't much that can be done but wait until all bloods are back.
Literally 2 days ago I felt pregnant, nauseous and like a baby was in my belly... Today I feel empty 😢
Has any one been through a similar thing? I assume I am miscarrying 😢😢😢

Edited by shopgirl84, 11 July 2019 - 03:50 PM.

#2 rowd

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:15 PM

Bleeding is common in early pregnancy and it is extremely hard to cope with emotionally, but there is nothing to do but wait. There are many, many success stories of bleeding which did not end in miscarriage. I had bleeding 3 times during my first trimester of my first baby. I really hope you get reassuring news from the blood tests. And at 6 weeks you could have a scan within the next week or so as well. A heartbeat can often be seem from 6 weeks (although not always).

Edited by rowd, 11 July 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#3 rosie28

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

I’m 20 weeks pregnant at the moment and have had three huge bleeds with this pregnancy. Think gushing blood (TMI, obviously). This was at 5 and 6 weeks, and scans after each bleed showed everything was normal. They couldn’t even tell where the bleeding was coming from. Can you have a scan to rule out an ectopic? At 6 weeks if all is well they’ll be able to see the pregnancy sack and possibly even the fetal pole (baby) and heartbeat (depending on where in week 6 you are). It might give you some certainty as to what is happening.

#4 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:27 PM

I had some spotting and cramping around that time with my first pregnancy - everything was fine other than DD was born 7 weeks prem.  But all good.

Second pregnancy I had what seemed like a full period.  I didn't know I was pregnant, I thought it was my first period - heavy cramping, quite a bit of blood.  I was still breasfeeding and DD was about 8 months old, so I hadn't had a period prior.  

A few weeks later I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant!  So rather than that being a period, it was actually a bleed at about 6 weeks pregnant.   Surprise!!!!!

I know it's hard.  It could be bad news, or it could be actually fine.  Your doc is right - there is nothing you can do, other than be kind to yourself and wait.  

All the best!

#5 shopgirl84

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:39 PM

View Postrosie28, on 11 July 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

I’m 20 weeks pregnant at the moment and have had three huge bleeds with this pregnancy. Think gushing blood (TMI, obviously). This was at 5 and 6 weeks, and scans after each bleed showed everything was normal. They couldn’t even tell where the bleeding was coming from. Can you have a scan to rule out an ectopic? At 6 weeks if all is well they’ll be able to see the pregnancy sack and possibly even the fetal pole (baby) and heartbeat (depending on where in week 6 you are). It might give you some certainty as to what is happening.

Thanks hun will wait for the bloods and see how I go

#6 ckmelb

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

I had big gushes of bright red bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant. Then had a scan and baby was there with heartbeat. The bleeding then turned to brown for a few days, and I had brown spotting for almost 3 weeks.

I did so much reading over this period and it seems as though bleeding can be a common and sometimes unexplainable pregnancy symptom

I am 23 weeks pregnant now. Hoping that it's a good news story for you too

#7 magic_marker

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:26 PM

Are you the poster that took something for severe gastro last night?
If so, did you keep your fluids up and did you see a chemist. I think you said you took something for it? Hope you're okay.

#8 shopgirl84

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

View Postmagic_marker, on 11 July 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

Are you the poster that took something for severe gastro last night?
If so, did you keep your fluids up and did you see a chemist. I think you said you took something for it? Hope you're okay.

Sure am

I didn't take anything other than what the chemist suggested and that was TravaCalm with Ginger for the nausea and Hydralyte. I feel such better now and no more runs... but now I'm bleeding 😢😢😢

#9 magic_marker

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

Oh my.
Wishing the best outcome for you.
Hope your numbers continue to rise.
A headache was not a good sign for me, but everyone is different. I have heard lots of stories regarding early bleeding with good outcomes.
All the best.

#10 shopgirl84

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

View Postmagic_marker, on 11 July 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

Oh my.
Wishing the best outcome for you.
Hope your numbers continue to rise.
A headache was not a good sign for me, but everyone is different. I have heard lots of stories regarding early bleeding with good outcomes.
All the best.

I just took a First Response and it's come back negative so I have no doubt there is no more baby 😢😢😢

#11 Disydo2018

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

I’m so sorry to hear this :-( be kind to yourself and take care.

#12 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

Sorry to hear this.
Are you seeing the GP soon?

#13 shopgirl84

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

View Postmagic_marker, on 12 July 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

Sorry to hear this.
Are you seeing the GP soon?

I went yesterday for a blood test and have another tomorrow to check levels. On Monday I will get results but I know I've miscarried. There is too much blood and I feel empty inside

#14 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:01 PM

I'm so sorry.
Look after yourself & take care!
Do you have someone with you?

#15 ckmelb

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

I'm so sorry shopgirl. Take care of yourself x

#16 shopgirl84

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:07 PM

View Postmagic_marker, on 12 July 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

I'm so sorry.
Look after yourself & take care!
Do you have someone with you?
Unfortunately no my husband is working nights 😢😢😢
All you guys on here have been so helpful

#17 rosie28

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:26 PM

Sorry to hear that update, take care of yourself.

#18 ausfarmerswife

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

I’m so sorry, I went through this about 18days ago too. I’m very sorry feel free to pm me if you want I and a lot of other ladies know how your feeling right now xx

#19 shopgirl84

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

View Postausfarmerswife, on 12 July 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

I’m so sorry, I went through this about 18days ago too. I’m very sorry feel free to pm me if you want I and a lot of other ladies know how your feeling right now xx

So sorry to hear this 😢😢😢
How long did you bleed for?
I have really bad pain on the top half of my belly I'm in so much pain

#20 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:29 PM

View Postshopgirl84, on 12 July 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

So sorry to hear this

Please seek medical advise ASAP.
Present to your nearest Emergency Department.
It could possibly be an ectopic pregnancy.

#21 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

View Postshopgirl84, on 12 July 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

So sorry to hear this

Please seek Medical Advise ASAP
Emergency Department.
Your symptoms sound like an ectopic pregnancy.

#22 just roses

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:39 PM

Please call an ambulance, OP. As others have said, that level of pain could indicate an ectopic.

#23 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

View Postjust roses, on 12 July 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

Please call an ambulance, OP. As others have said, that level of pain could indicate an ectopic.

Hey 'just roses'

Is there anything we can do?
It looks like she went offline before we posted our replies.
Very concerned.

#24 shopgirl84

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:07 PM

View Postmagic_marker, on 12 July 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hey 'just roses'

Is there anything we can do?
It looks like she went offline before we posted our replies.
Very concerned.

I saw it posts....
My GP saw me and said I was okay...
I am with my little girl tonight and my hubby at work. I can't leave the house.
You guys are scaring me

#25 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:16 PM

Ok. Sorry. Has your pain settled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.