Headaches - anyone else

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rileys-mum

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:08 PM

Both DH and I have both been experiencing almost daily headaches for the last 3 weeks. I normally would only have 4 or 5 headaches a year and DH less.
These are decent headaches too - not just highly irritating ones...
The best the pharmacy can offer is Panadol which does nothing.

Is there a virus floating around? Anyone else impacted? It appears strange that we both have this.

#2 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:10 PM

Carbon monoxide poisoning?

Do you feel better away from home? You can by a detector at Bunnings.

Edited by 22Fruitmincepies, 11 July 2019 - 10:11 PM.

#3 rileys-mum

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:12 PM

Got rid of the gas heater years ago.
Only use RC air con.

#4 rileys-mum

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

Don’t feel any better when not at home
Kids are not impacted they are fine....

#5 BusbyWilkes

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:16 PM

There seem to have been virus' with this presentation around.
Or do you get hay fever? My presents with sinus headaches. You could try taking an antihistamine daily for a couple of days to see if that helps?

#6 FearsomeFeralFreak

I had an awful viral headache that lasted about a week a few weeks ago. It was an absolutely crippling headache but I had no other symptoms - no fever, no aches, no sniffles - just the headache. A few others I know have had the same, some longer than others. Maybe you have a bad case of the same?

#7 22Fruitmincepies

Well that’s good! You can try nurofen plus panadol plus caffeine (coffee, coke, whatever). You haven’t both quit coffee or anything like that? Or muscular? Need a new pillow?

#8 Lifesgood

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

Time for glasses? Have you both reached a certain age?

#9 rileys-mum

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

FFF - it almost feels like what you would expect if you were sick - but you are not sick - no other symptoms, so you feel obliged to keep going...

22 - not coffee related although I have been having a couple of straight espressos a day in an effort to get some relief.
Will try a new pillow I think. I have been having the Panadol with caffeine but it just takes the edge off. Will try neurfen.

#10 Froyo

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

View PostFearsomeFeralFreak, on 11 July 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

I had an awful viral headache that lasted about a week a few weeks ago. It was an absolutely crippling headache but I had no other symptoms - no fever, no aches, no sniffles - just the headache. A few others I know have had the same, some longer than others. Maybe you have a bad case of the same?
I had this a couple of months ago. Ended up in hospital and they insisted on doing a lumbar puncture. Apparently it showed a nasty virus in my CSF but nothing sinister. The pain was extreme and unrelenting. I'd taken my usual migraine medication with no improvement. I was incapacitated for days.

#11 FearsomeFeralFreak

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

View Postrileys-mum, on 11 July 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

FFF - it almost feels like what you would expect if you were sick' - but you are not sick - no other symptoms, so you feel obliged to keep going...

22 - not coffee related although I have been having a couple of straight espressos a day in an effort to get some relief.
Will try a new pillow I think. I have been having the Panadol with caffeine but it just takes the edge off. Will try neurfen.

Thats exactly how I felt. I kept going to work as I didn't really feel 'sick and it was a new job. Nothing took the pain away. It was an awful awful time. I was on so many tablets! . I was on nurofen, panadol and inderal (I take that for migraines) and panadeine forte at night and it only slightly took the edge off. After about 8 days the headaches stopped. And then everyone else at work came down with it. :ph34r:

Edited by FearsomeFeralFreak, 11 July 2019 - 10:27 PM.

#12 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Take the full combo - panadol plus nurofen plus coffee (I usually add chocolate too but that’s a big no for some people)

#13 rileys-mum

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

Thank you for the advice ladies. Much appreciated. Off to bed so hopefully I can wake up without a throbbing head.

#14 Pocket...

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

Have your cleaned your air conditioner filters recently?

#15 BornToLove

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:03 PM

If you’ve been taking Panadol and or neurofen regularly for a few days, you maybe experiencing bounce back headaches. I would try to go without any pain relief, and no more than the normal amounts of coffee (caffeine) you would normally take in a day, and see if that helps.

#16 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:16 PM

Have you started any new vitamins, prescriptions, etc? What about a new soap or laundry powder, etc?

#17 Sancti-claws

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:01 AM

Both hubby and my daughter have had a few bouts of this - I really do think there is a mystery virus with such a presentation going around.

#18 born.a.girl

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:29 AM

Not exactly the same, but I (presumably) caught a bug on a flight from Australia not long ago, but it also had a razor sharp sore throat with it.  Almost migraine level headache and sore throat - zero other cold symptoms. Lasted nearly a week. Such fun when you're travelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.