Shaver for 15 year old boy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lennie

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:16 PM

My son has asked for an electric shaver for his 15th birthday. There’s not much facial hair at the moment, more just beginnings of a moustache

Anyway, any recommendations for a shaver good for this age? Single mum here, so don’t have the dad input into this purchase!

#2 Chocolate Addict

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

I took Mr 14yo in to The Shaver Shop as I too, am a single parent. Do you have one near you?

They have ones you can try (on your arm/hand). The guy in our store was very helpful.
My child is ASD with sensory issues so it was really handy to be able to try them.

He preferred the type in the link (not that one, there are plenty cheaper), it doesn't vibrate much and does a good job. The guy said that type is still more popular than the other (sort of looks like 2 rollers, no clue on the names of them all) lol

https://www.shaversh...7.html?cgid=men

#3 Ktonic

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:41 PM

I second a visit to the Shaver Shop, the salespeople will be able to offer tips and advice.  Bought a nice basic rechargeable shaver there for my son when he was 15/16, it’s still going strong after 4 or so years.

Edited by Ktonic, 11 July 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#4 OrangeSprout

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:00 PM

I got one from the Shaver Shop for my son.
Shame it has been sitting there for 9+ months and him refusing to use it - he is 16 at the end of the year :(

https://www.shaversh...2.html?cgid=men

#5 Chocolate Addict

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

yeah I pretty much had to drag my kid in to the shop. lol He doesn't need to use one yet, just has bum fluff on the lip but I wanted him to test them so he could see they won't actually hurt him.

#6 OrangeSprout

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

my son has the light mustache happening and some odd long hairs.. I'd like him to start using it but he refuses...his Dad has offered to show him how to use it but nup :(
My other boys weren't this hard to do these things with !!

#7 ponky

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:36 AM

My DS has a rechargeable shaver from Kmart. $9 bargain
It does a great job on his moustache.  When he gets more facial hair I will upgrade it for him. But on his 15yr old teenager moustache it’s perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.