Coles Little Shop Minis - Version 2

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Catzilla

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

Here we go again.  The madness begins on July 17.

https://www.adelaide...dzwRwmv5_0r-BxA

#2 kimasa

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:49 PM

I better text the grandparents...

#3 Ayr

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:49 PM

My daughter enjoys these and as a parent to an SN child I welcome them personally. It helps me get her out of the house to actually do the groceries. And she enjoys playing with them, still plays with the last two lots so it's a welcome promotion for us.

#4 SCG23

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

Just what we need: more plastic for landfill.

#5 Paddlepop

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

Sigh. We'll probably get caught up in the madness again.

Woolworths is fighting back with 24 Lion King ooshies to collect.

#6 ~J_F~

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:54 PM

View PostAyr, on 12 July 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

My daughter enjoys these and as a parent to an SN child I welcome them personally. It helps me get her out of the house to actually do the groceries. And she enjoys playing with them, still plays with the last two lots so it's a welcome promotion for us.

Same for us.

But haters gunna hate, so no doubt there will be a whole lotta whinging!

#7 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

Call me a hater. My dog nearly died last month because of their stupid stikeez promo, she had a bowel obstruction caused by one of them despite us not shopping there. I just posted on their fb page my dissapointment after having expressed my dissapointment when it occured and being brushed off.

Coles are justifying it by saying "oh but we have this awesome soft plastics recycling program..."

There is just no need for these bits of plastic. If you do collect them, I hope you keep them and prize and treasure them for many years to come and dont just throw them out when the hype dies down.

#8 Inkogneatoh

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 12 July 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Sigh. We'll probably get caught up in the madness again.

Woolworths is fighting back with 24 Lion King ooshies to collect.
Is that what the Woolies one is? I've seen it advertised for a couple of weeks. Well, at least this is two things I won't be worrying about collecting for me.

#9 4lilchicks

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:16 PM

I can't wait! My kids still play with the first lot that came out. I shop at Coles anyway so it's a nice bonus for spending the same amount I always do.

Edited by 4lilchicks, 12 July 2019 - 06:17 PM.

#10 Ayr

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:22 PM

View PostCaitlin Happymeal, on 12 July 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Call me a hater. My dog nearly died last month because of their stupid stikeez promo, she had a bowel obstruction caused by one of them despite us not shopping there. I just posted on their fb page my dissapointment after having expressed my dissapointment when it occured and being brushed off.

Coles are justifying it by saying "oh but we have this awesome soft plastics recycling program..."

There is just no need for these bits of plastic. If you do collect them, I hope you keep them and prize and treasure them for many years to come and dont just throw them out when the hype dies down.

I'm not sure it's entirely coles fault your dog swallowed one so not sure what the right response from them should have been?

Edited by Ayr, 12 July 2019 - 06:23 PM.

#11 Paddlepop

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostInkogneatoh, on 12 July 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Is that what the Woolies one is? I've seen it advertised for a couple of weeks. Well, at least this is two things I won't be worrying about collecting for me.

Yep, here's a link:
https://www.dailymai...llectables.html

#12 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

#13 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:41 PM

F*ckers.

#14 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

Another reason for me to shop at Aldi!

#15 casime

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

On one hand I think they are completely unnecessary.  On the other hand, they are really great in the classroom when you're teaching money.

#16 Quick hedgehog

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

I don't collect these things or particularly like them but I don't get the hate.

I don't see people making the same complaints about shopkins or Kinder surprise or all the other million plastic toys out there. I don't see outrage every time lego brings out a new set.

Surely we are better campaigning for reduction of the useless packaging on so many supermarket products rather than toys which actually can be used and not thrown in the bin as soon as you get home.

#17 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:58 PM

No its not thier fault once its left thier property but my point is if it did this to a dog whats happening to wildlife - and its a more broad "why use plastic crap as a promo when we are trying to reduce it"...

Im not sure why people keep focusing on the "my dog got a bowel obstruction" thing and not looking at it from a broader environmental sustainability frame of mind - the dog thing is just to illustrate the impact this could have on wildlife. I also didnt appreciate that despite not shopping there this happened to us. I didnt participate and yet my dog somehow got hold of one. Probably at the dog park because there's not too many other places where i'm not aware of whats going in her mouth.

The usual FB response too - "its not coles fault about your dog blah blah" "must be allergic to fun" etc missing the point completely. Im talking about a big corporation taking some responsibility and not making more waste than is necessary. Sure they have a recycling program. But there's no need for more plastic than is already in supermarkets.

#18 Inkogneatoh

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 12 July 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

Thanks.

#19 Riotproof

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:06 PM

Barbie uses ours. I tell ds he will never get the full collection and to prepare for that. But last time he did a lot of trading of the stickees at school, so I think it’s okay that some skills are being developed.

When we are done I will give them to a speech pathologist friend who uses them at work.

#20 Riotproof

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

Edited by Riotproof, 12 July 2019 - 07:28 PM.

#21 Ayr

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:27 PM

View PostCaitlin Happymeal, on 12 July 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

No its not thier fault once its left thier property but my point is if it did this to a dog whats happening to wildlife - and its a more broad "why use plastic crap as a promo when we are trying to reduce it"...

That I agree with but I didn't get that from the original post so I'm sorry about that.

But my daughter does enjoy their collectables well past the promotion and we don't just turf them down the storm water when we're done. I think unless nothing can be bought in packages or bottles there will always be waste going where it shouldn't by careless people that has been impacting the environment long before and will long after any promotion does.

#22 PrincessPeach

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:39 PM

Well our speech therapist is going to be happy -  she uses them a lot.

#23 Jenflea

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:42 PM

I don't collect these bits of plastic, but I do like the Christmas Woolies ones that I can recycle the day after Christmas. Or the Jamie Oliver ones they had a few years ago that were garden facts and stickers.

#24 DM. 2012

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:20 PM

My son still uses his Coles minis from last year when he plays shop. I might narrow his shops products down to 2 of each and out the others away.  The Woolworths ones look good too, so I’ll have to spread my shopping out.

When the stickeeze and Disney tile promotions were on, he would take some of his doubles to school to swap or give away.

#25 Jersey Caramel

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:13 PM

Arggghh, environmental concerns aside,  I can't stand that these things are not to scale! Last time the bag of dried dog food was the same size as a packet of biscuits...for some reason this made me irrationally angry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.