'Modern' kindles- suggestions (not normal ereaders)

6 replies to this topic

#1 seayork2002

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

First off I have a massive kindle ebook collection and no technical ability to turn them into any other format so I do need to stick with Kindles

I need a new Kindle as my 7th generation paperwhite battery is losing more energy than me! (the battery is dying at a rapid rate)

I am happy with this current one although it has a few niggles that annoy me.

I am happy to buy online as I am desperate I want a new one ASAP

Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about the modern ones as I have seen some bad reviews. Or good stockists? is Amazon.au ok to receive one if I buy direct through them?

thanks

I don't want to read on a tablet or my phone

#2 Rangeman

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

I bought my last Kindle from KMart, it was about 2 years ago. I think it's the paperwhite. My advice would be to go there if you have one nearby, no waiting just go in and grab it.

Cheers

#3 4*shining*stars

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

I upgraded my old Paperwhite to the 10th Gen Paperwhite a few months ago.

I bought it from JB hifi or similar, no need to order from Amazon and wait for shipping! The prices are the same online and instore anyway :)

#4 creatamum

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

Not sure about other retailers but all Kindles are discounted on Amazon Australia for the next 2 days for Prime day. You can sign up a free trial to see what is available. As for waiting they are next day delivery as they are shipped from Australia and Prime members get expedited shipping.

#5 creatamum

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

Just had a quick look at the 10th generation paperwhites and the 8Gb is $149 save $50, 32GB wifi $189 save $60 and the 4G version $289 save $80.

#6 Lesley225

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

I want a new Oasis - held one in Office Works the other day and really lusted after it.

My Voyage's batter seems to be going flat quickly now but my old keyboard is lasting forever.

#7 MooGuru

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

Just if you wanted an alternative to Kindle I've got the Kindle app on my Samsung tablet and it works well enough. Plus I've got the library apps on the same device.

I prefer reading on my 10yr old Kindle though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.