Heating tuna in the microwave at work

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you heat tuna in the microwave at work? (288 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you heat tuna in the microwave at work?

1. Yes, I'm a psychopath and enjoy watching my colleagues suffer. (9 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. Yes, why shouldn't I? (60 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

3. Sometimes, I'm a rebel. (23 votes [7.99%])

Percentage of vote: 7.99%

4. No, I am considerate of my fellow humans olfactory systems. (71 votes [24.65%])

Percentage of vote: 24.65%

5. No, and people who do such a thing are psychopaths. (125 votes [43.40%])

Percentage of vote: 43.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#176 Majeix

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:16 PM

Hate the smell of tuna. However, far more concerned by the college heating bacon... mm bacon. I was seriously desperate for bacon for days. Admittedly we have a proper oven set up primarily for client cooking lessons but staff are welcome to use.

#177 Jane Jetson

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostMarigoldMadge, on 21 July 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

We just had an email come out from HR banning all eating at desks.

Oh my goodness, no! That's horrible :(

For starters, I'd much rather work through than work late.

But more importantly, if you can't eat lunch at your desk that means going to eat in the kitchen/lounge area, which means well-meaning people are up for a chat and will come over and natter at you.

I'm not up for a chat at lunchtime, I need a little bit of a break from humans while I eat. No, I don't want to talk about your renovations or this article you saw in New Idea, I want to stare into space and not talk, thanks, but you can't tell people that without them taking it the wrong way.

This is why I'm glad I work from home so much these days.

#178 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostJane Jetson, on 21 July 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oh my goodness, no! That's horrible :(

For starters, I'd much rather work through than work late.

But more importantly, if you can't eat lunch at your desk that means going to eat in the kitchen/lounge area, which means well-meaning people are up for a chat and will come over and natter at you.

I'm not up for a chat at lunchtime, I need a little bit of a break from humans while I eat. No, I don't want to talk about your renovations or this article you saw in New Idea, I want to stare into space and not talk, thanks, but you can't tell people that without them taking it the wrong way.

This is why I'm glad I work from home so much these days.

This!!

#179 Pocket...

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:39 PM

I worked with someone who used to be horrifically loud with apples. Nothing else. One day he said he loved apples because of the satisfying crunch. He was doing it deliberately because the loved the extra loud crunch. No thought to anyone else. Fortunately a very blunt person was there and promptly told him to keep the apples at home then, because it was widely agreed that he was making everyone want to vomit with the noise. No one had had the guts to say anything but the blunt person was amongst a group of us that were temping for a few weeks so they didn't care. They got an anonymous thank you gift on our last day. I just hope he didn't start up again once we left.

#180 gravity1

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

I come into work early most days and will eat breakfast before my start time. Usually just a banana but I can’t eat anything too early because it makes me feel sick.

#181 CallMeFeral

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

View Postcstar, on 21 July 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I am in a small office with one other person who eats a ridiculous amount of fruit. Apples, peaches etc, I have to leave the room I can’t handle the sound, it goes right through me.

Lol, I once worked with a raw foodie. Apparently they have to eat huge amounts because so much of the energy gleaned from the fresh veg is used up just processing all the fibre, so she constantly was either in the kitchen cutting up an enormous bowl of stuff for salad or else at her desk working her way through it.

I guess it's lucky the guy closest to her was deaf.

#182 Lesley225

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:39 PM

I was standing in the kitchen today when someone came up and drained a tin of tuna into the sink and tuned on the tap for about 3 secs.  

The smell wasn't';t nice and I had to rinse out the sink with some detergent but what he did was so totally inadequate.

Had not objection to the tuna but can  you please clean up properly?

#183 afterlaughter

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:11 PM

My option is not there to vote on. I don’t eat Tuna but don’t care if other people do. Their lunch is their choice.

#184 Rangeman

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

I just ate a big can of tuna deliciousness  at my desk :rofl:

#185 *melrose*

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:25 AM

Gross, no way on earth I would ever consider that.
Should be banned in all office's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.