Positive induction birth stories

29 replies to this topic

#26 spartan_mum

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

I had an induction with my twins, as per pp I was also offered the epidural straight up in case of complications.

I was done within 6 hours and I joked with the nurses that the most pain I felt the whole time was when they took the tape off my back keeping the epidural needle in place.

Having an induction and epi helped me have a wonderful, stress free birth of my twins.

#27 Reno-chic

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:39 PM

Induction with my second was a delight. Induced at 39w  with drip/breaking waters and baby born 6 hours later. I also had an epidural which obviously helps but it was such a calm delivery- a completely different experience to my my spontaneous labour at 40 weeks with baby #1

#28 -Belinda-

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

First baby was waters broken at 10am, on the drip at 12, contractions at 12.30pm, shower at 3pm, pushing at 6pm, DD born at 6.30pm, few stitches but all good.

Second baby was water breaking on getting up at 5pm, at the hospital at 7.30am, saw OB at 8am when everything went pear-shaped for no obvious reason, DS was out by CS just after 9am, 3 weeks to make it upright through the day.

Two amazing babies in two very different experiences!
All the best OP.

#29 Soontobegran

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:45 PM

5/5 births were inductions.
All positive outcome with healthy babies and healthy mum but varying experiences.
No pain relief for last 4.

Lots of good luck, remember that the strongest contraction from syntocinon is no greater than the strongest contraction in a spontaneous labour.
The duration and frequency of contraction can be different though.

#30 susie78

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:58 PM

I was induced at 10 days overdue with my second. I’d had 2 stretch and sweeps which didn’t work. The drip was started, my waters were broken manually and I was sent into the corridor to go for a bit of a walk to help things along. My daughter arrived less than an hour later, very intense experience with no time for pain relief but will never complain about such a short labour.

Hope all goes well for you :-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.