Wahhhh course full

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 steppingonlego

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

I applied and went to the open day I did the online testing and had an interview scheduled. Start getting excited always wanted to return to study

Get a text cancelling the interview. The course is full.

No ones fault nothing to be done of course it would be popular with Free TAFE.

I am trying to decide whether I find another more inconvenient provider (location wise) or wait until Feb next year.

Has anyone been knocked back at all because a course was full? I am assuming the free TAFE will extend to next year but I know it has not been verified as yet

Thanks

#2 doubledelight

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

I would send through an email expressing your disappointment and asking to go on a waiting list so if anyone drops out you would be considered.  Show them how keen you are, you never know what can happen.

#3 steppingonlego

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:38 PM

Thanks Doubledelight. I did do that and they said there is no waiting list as it is over subscribed. I also contacted a few more institutions all full.

I have an interview in September for the Feb 2020 intake so will have to wait for that.

Thanks

#4 Twinmum+2

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:49 PM

I don't suppose this was a nursing course was it? If so there will be A LOT of dropouts in the first term... that always happens.

#5 steppingonlego

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:09 PM

No it was a community services course.

I asked about waitlist but there isn’t one so I imagine if people drop out they won’t offer a late place either

#6 SFmummyto3

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

There is a Cert 3, Cert 4 and Diploma. Which one were you looking at? Could you start one of the alternatives instead? Or online?

Edited by SFmummyto3, 21 July 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#7 FloralArrangement

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostSFmummyto3, on 21 July 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

There is a Cert 3, Cert 4 and Diploma. Which one were you looking at? Could you start one of the alternatives instead? Or online?

Do you need to have done cert 3 before you can do the last 2? That’s quite a common expectation.

#8 steppingonlego

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:42 PM

Hi
Apparently you can go right into the diploma with this course.

I didn’t think to look at the lower levels will do that tonight thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.