Jump to content

A couple of CL questions


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for help everyone, deleted for privacy.

Edited by WannabeMasterchef, 23 July 2019 - 07:39 AM.


#2 zenkitty

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

On the second question, Medicare has an amount it will rebate for each visit or test. Providers can charge above that though, leaving you with a gap that is out of your pocket. As an example, Medicare may set a rebate for blood test x as $30. Provider A charges $40, Provider B charges $50, Medicare only pays $30 as it’s the same test but your out of pocket cost varies.

#3 laridae

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

If it's bulk billed you don't pay up front. Thats kind of the whole point of it. So if you paid, you were not bulk billed and will just get the scheduled fee back.

#4 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

View Postlaridae, on 22 July 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

If it's bulk billed you don't pay up front. Thats kind of the whole point of it. So if you paid, you were not bulk billed and will just get the scheduled fee back.

Thats how I understood it.  My doctor says they bulk bill children but perhaps in these instances they didnt.
The reason I paid upfront was because my son was newborn and he wasn't coming up on their system.

View PostFresh Start, on 22 July 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

If your income was under the threshold for FTBA for three children you should get it from the baby’s birth date.

Thanks I will question it with CL then.

--hmm the medicare scheduled amounts are probably on the website somewhere... toddles off to work it out.

Edited by WannabeMasterchef, 22 July 2019 - 10:03 PM.


#5 Prancer is coming

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

FTB looks at your income for the whole financial year.  Did you work at all?  If you worked until say April, and then had baby in May, your income estimate for the whole entire financial year is used to work out your entitlement, meaning you have probably will not be entitled to anything.  You would probably be fine for the next financial year, though this would depend if you planned to return to work in that financial year and if you got paid parental leave.

#6 zenkitty

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

View PostWannabeMasterchef, on 22 July 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:


--hmm the medicare scheduled amounts are probably on the website somewhere... toddles off to work it out.

Yep, your invoice will have an item number you can check here http://www.mbsonline.gov.au/

#7 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostPrancer is coming, on 22 July 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

FTB looks at your income for the whole financial year.  Did you work at all?  If you worked until say April, and then had baby in May, your income estimate for the whole entire financial year is used to work out your entitlement, meaning you have probably will not be entitled to anything.  You would probably be fine for the next financial year, though this would depend if you planned to return to work in that financial year and if you got paid parental leave.

Yes I worked until a few days before I had the baby. But the cut off is higher for 3 kids than 2. Even if I worked all year Id be under the cutoff for 3 so I would have thought they pay me after DS was born?

I applied for both the year just gone and this financial year, it rejected me for the year gone but approved me for this year.

might ring them and check.

Edited by WannabeMasterchef, 23 July 2019 - 07:41 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.