Recommend a condenser dryer?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Hands Up

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:40 PM

Obviously I’ll look at reviews online too but would appreciate anyone that has a condenser dryer in a cupboard that does what it should (I.e dries effectively without pushing moisture into the air. Thanks!

#2 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:10 PM

We have a Bosch heat pump dryer, 10kg, and it’s been great. Drains straight into the sink. No moisture in the air. Clothes come out nice and soft and dry.
MIL has a base model Miele condenser dryer and that’s really good too. It’s in an apartment and doesn’t heat up the place too much. I was tossing up between the two, but I think my Bosch was bigger and cheaper than the Miele equivalent.

#3 humphreybear

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:28 PM

Don’t go Electrolux. I replaced mine inside 3 years (after several call outs).

My Miele is great

#4 Prancer is coming

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:37 PM

I have a Miele heat pump dryer and we are best friends.  It is not in a cupboard but a very narrow laundry.  If I use it for a few loads I might get some minor condensation on the window, but that is it.

I love the heat pump ones.  Expensive to buy, but cheap to run and great on clothes.  We were recently on holiday and had an Ariston washer dryer combo.  It dried everything by just blasting hot air and everything seemed a tiny bit smaller when it came out.  Our Miele is so much gentler, clothes are never over hot and plenty of sensors so it shuts off when items are dry.

#5 IamOzgirl

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

Dont get a condenser alone,

Heat pump and a pure condenser are two different types of dryers.

I have a Samsung Heat pump condenser, highly recommenced. I got a factory second that is dinged up. still works great!

#6 Hands Up

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Thanks lamOzgirl!

#7 JoanJett

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:25 PM

I have a 8.5kg Bosch heat pump condenser dryer.  6 star energy rating.  It doesn't push moisture into the air.  I've had it 5 years - it was a bigger upfront investment (around $2000+ new), but it's been well and truly worth it for convenience and energy savings.  I can even put woollens in it.

#8 MooGuru

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:34 PM

We had a fisher paykel - wouldn't get another.
Have had an lg one for about 3 months. So far so good but it's too new to know.

Grew up with condenser dryer in the kitchen
Eta the lack of moisture is great. Ours drain straight in to the sink

Edited by MooGuru, 26 July 2019 - 07:35 PM.

#9 rosie28

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

We have the Bosch Serie8, and it’s been fantastic so far, no moisture in the air.

#10 MrsCee

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:09 PM

MooGuru, on 26 July 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

We had a fisher paykel - wouldn't get another.

Same. It’s a piece of rubbish.

It dries well enough but has repeatedly broken down and has been repaired multiple times.

Never again.

#11 Lallalla

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

Ours was an Aldi special about 6-12 months ago. So far it is great - don’t know how often they get them though

#12 MooGuru

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

MrsCee, on 26 July 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Same. It’s a piece of rubbish.

It dries well enough but has repeatedly broken down and has been repaired multiple times.

Never again.

Ours kept breaking down too quote to repair it was more than buying a new one.

#13 MakesMeHappy

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:18 PM

We have a Miele condenser and love it!

#14 Murderino

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:41 PM

I have an Asko heat pump dryer and like it. The glass panel on the laundry door does get a bit of moisture on it though. I just leave it cracked open a little bit but that wouldn’t work if you need it in a cupboard.

#15 Hands Up

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

It will definitely be in a cupboard so that’s good to know about the asko thank you.

Sounds like the Bosch is a good bet. It’s currently $1300 on appliances online. We have a Bosch front loader washing machine and it’s pretty good.

Thanks everyone!

#16 Lesley225

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:59 AM

I have the heat pump condenser Bosch Serie 8 that people above are talking about and I'm very pleased with it.

#17 CG123

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

I just bought an AEG heat pump condenser dryer and I’m really not happy with it at all!! I’ve had it for about 2 weeks and tried multiple settings and different load sizes, but nothing seems to help. The clothes/sheets just don’t come out feeling dry at all... even if they have been in there all day. And sometimes the load stops halfway through “sensing” that it’s dry when it’s definitely not!!!!!

#18 Mmmcheese

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:31 PM

We've got a Bosch that's in the cupboard. We've had it for 9 years now and it's been brilliant. It's a condenser of some sort, but I'm not sure what kind.

#19 daybreaker

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:40 PM

For those who have a Miele, how long does it take you to dry towels - usually mine takes 2 cycles - so about 6 hours but today it still was not dry after that! They were spun before going in, not sure sure what's going on with it.

Not feeling happy about my heat pump condenser dryer lately...

#20 IamOzgirl

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

Oh no daybreak, thats not good at all!

Towels for me take no more than 2 hours.

#21 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:54 PM

Not a Miele, but Mine dries about 9kg of laundry, including towels, in about 3 hours on the “extra dry” setting. Only a few things will come out damp feeling, around thick areas, that goes within minutes of airing and folding them.

My MIL’s Miele was similar.

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~, 30 July 2019 - 08:56 PM.

#22 Prancer is coming

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

daybreaker, on 30 July 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

For those who have a Miele, how long does it take you to dry towels - usually mine takes 2 cycles - so about 6 hours but today it still was not dry after that! They were spun before going in, not sure sure what's going on with it.

Not feeling happy about my heat pump condenser dryer lately...

I usually have a mix of towels and clothes, but sometimes do all towels.  I generally set it on a cottons extra dry setting and the time comes up as no more than 1 hour 30.  Sometimes it may take longer or need extra cooling at the end, but doubt it would be longer than 2 hours.  The sensor is pretty accurate so when it ends, the stuff is always dry.

ETA - snap Mandy!  I love how soft the towels are and we have the fragrance dispenser so they always smell so good.

Edited by Prancer is coming, 30 July 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#23 6lilhillbillies

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:20 PM

Yes, love ours. No more water streaks down the walls and it makes distilled water for your iron, or you can use the water collected by the dryer for your machine.

#24 daybreaker

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for your replies about the Miele, not sure what's going on with mine then but will try the extra dry function for starters...

#25 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:43 PM

daybreaker, on 30 July 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

Thanks for your replies about the Miele, not sure what's going on with mine then but will try the extra dry function for starters...

And, obviously, clean the lint filters too. Obvious, but I sometimes forget then wonder why the dryer is taking hours and hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.