Fast800 - Michael Mosley

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#226 Etcetera

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:42 PM

The guidelines are 60g carbs, 60g protein and 36g fat.
Protein is most important so you don't lose muscle mass.

How many carbs are in the meal?

I was always one who said I could never go without breakfast but I've adjusted really well. Cutting carbs seems hard but upping protein keeps you nice and full.
If you need to have an afternoon snack try something high in protein like a serving of nuts. During the first couple of weeks make sure you add salt - pink salt is best as it has more nutrients - and drink plenty of water. This will help with the keto flu, constipation and headaches. Day 4 was crap for me and then it was all uphill so don't give up!
An awesome snack is miso soup, low cal and gives a good salt hit.

#227 Manicmum

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:46 PM

I'm a little confused with starting, I'm looking at the recipe book and there are oat.. but assuming that's not in the first 12 weeks. I need to do the first 12 weeks but I'm getting confused with keto.

#228 SplashingRainbows

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

This is not a keto diet. Lower carb yes but not no carb.

Personally I did the online program with fully planned meals so I knew I was following the plan.

#229 just roses

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

I’ve finished day one feeling fine, having had 819 calories and about 2.5L water, two cups of coffee and two cups of tea.

But I had some spare calories after dinner and so blew 176 on a mini drumstick. Still, my snacking is way down on my usual mindless approach to eating and my window has been 1pm - 7:30. And I took the dog for a 4km walk.

Thanks PP for the carb/fat/protein breakdown - that’s very helpful.

This weekend i’ll start my meal prep

#230 Etcetera

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

Manicmum- do you have the normal book? It explain something things really well.

There are quite a few FB groups for Fast800 too including an Australian one.

Justroses- I had pudding and custard and it was delicious! I try to keep in mind that yes it's a bit of a cheat but adding everything up even with that dessert I'm still in calorie deficit so I'm not screwing things up completely. I like that this way of eating allows for this and I don't have to feel guilty.

We spent the day mucking around on the Wii fit and there's a sledding thing that works the abs and omg are mine sore now! So much fun though!

#231 Manicmum

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Just Roses- I have an audiobook of and digital but my concentration is shot. I also have the recipe book. I’m just confused because he speaks of mild ketosis but I thought the pasta would circumvent that. I’ll look again.

#232 Etcetera

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:44 AM

Mild ketosis should come about through fasting. It's not like keto, we're allowed some carbs. I feel you look at the amount of pasta in the recipe it's not much. He does also say that some may need to cut carbs further to get results so I'd just start and not worry too much if you're following the recipes and calories and see how you go. You can adjust later.

#233 Etcetera

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

If you have the recipe book try the salmon salad bowl on page 80 - delicious!

#234 Ozquoll

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:47 PM

Rightio, after a huge holiday blowout I am back on the wagon 😄. I didn't actually gain any weight over the last two weeks, but sure didn't lose any either. Am looking to lose 2-3kg by start of Term 1. Have got my yoghurt and granola ready for the week, plus a few serves of the amazing Ratatouille with Halloumi from the Fast800 cookbook. Will have to negotiate with DH on other dinner possibilities - and maybe even convince him to go the full Fast800 with me 🤔. I can but hope 🤞..

#235 Sara.xoxo

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:50 PM

I know I’m behind the times but I started this today! I must admit I’m feeling hungry and a little bit excited too. I want to lose at least 10kgs... I’m currently at 72kgs
Well done so far everyone, the results are amazing!!

#236 just roses

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:05 AM

I've started and failed the Fast 800 twice, due to multiple factors. But I decided to dig in again and started a third time on Monday and this time I've stuck to it. I've cheated a little bit every day (day one: couldn't resist homemade chocolate slice, day two: colleague bought me a morning coffee I couldn't refuse etc). But overall, I've stuck to it fairly closely.

The first couple days were really hard. I find I can easily fast until midday, then eat something filling for approx 400 calories, but it's afternoon and evening that's usually my undoing with mindless snacking and coffee. But by Wednesday I felt I was in the groove. I've also had no alcohol.

Anyway, it seems to be working because I was 61.8 on Monday and each day I've weighed a little less first thing in the morning and today the scales read 60.0. Were it not for the motivation of the weight coming off, I'm sure I would have given up by now as I've abandoned every other attempt to eat better.

Edited by just roses, 15 February 2020 - 09:15 AM.

#237 Etcetera

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

How's everyone doing?

We had a break as lost motivation and I started to feel unwell - dizzy and headachy and not sleeping. Started taking an iron supplement as well as upping calories to give my body a well deserved break.
Just stated back again and have lost 800g! Less than a kg to go until healthy weight range :)

Any recipe recommendations?
We were getting a little bored so we tried a couple of new recipes which helped. The curry chicken and lentil soup is really nice, much better than I was expecting.
Going to meal plan today and get back into it seriously.

#238 Ozquoll

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:40 AM

The curry chicken and lentil soup is one of my faves - I'm having it for dinner! 😀

I'm going well with Fast800. For me it has evolved into a diet where I do it on days where I don't have heavy exercise or "social" eating (ie birthdays or morning teas) - it is all very flexible. I have lost another two kilos in the last three weeks, so this way of doing it is working for me.

A friend of mine has just borrowed the Fast800 cookbook from me, so it looks like I've even made a convert 😀.

#239 Etcetera

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

Fantastic Ozquoll!

I really love how flexible it is. It doesn't feel like a diet which is so important. DH is such a convert which is huge as there are a lot of weight problems in his family and he's really enjoying it.

#240 just roses

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

Still going here!

I started two weeks ago today and have lost a total of 3.5kg, which I'm really happy with. I have cheated in some way every day (small piece or chocolate, or a snack of cheese or a muffin), but otherwise have keep to the 800 calories.

The thing I find easiest is fasting between 8pm and 12pm. I've been prepping meals to have at work at midday, so that's going well. And my standard dinner is two eggs, baby spinach leaves and 50g of smoked salmon. Or I've just been eating what the rest of the family is having, but without the extra carbs. We already only have brown rice, so I just have a bit but not as much as I normally would. Where I fall down is in having the odd snack, but the TRE seems to be doing the trick. And probably the fact I haven't had a drop of alcohol in two weeks!

#241 Etcetera

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

Well done, justroses!

I was surprised with how easy I found skipping breakfast - I always said there's no way! I think part of it was just habit but the few times I've just gone 'stuff it' and eaten cereal first thing, I've felt hungry within the hour so felt there was little point anyway.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.