Fast800 - Michael Mosley

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#51 Obvs

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

On day 2. Great food so far although I struggled with breakfast today (2eggs, spinach, mushrooms & tomatoes) as it was way more than I would normally eat early on a week day. Would work better for me as a brunch.
I’m currently eating the Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup with Pancetta. I added smoked paprika & cayenne pepper. Delicious!

#52 SplashingRainbows

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

I love that soup. Must make again. How yummy is it!

#53 Ozquoll

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:44 PM

^^^^SplashingRainbows

No headache luckily, just epic brain fog. Actually forgot my next-door neighbours name today 🤫. I've known her nearly a year!

I had lots of green veg at dinner (broccoli is very cheap right now) but I am going to have a cup of green tea and munch on a carrot. Boy do I know how to party 😆!

#54 SplashingRainbows

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:49 PM

Can I suggest you swap the carrot for some full fat yoghurt?
You want fat and protein not carbs to feel satisfied. I know it’s counter intuitive, but I really do think it would help.

Ignore me if it’s not helpful.

#55 Ozquoll

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:57 PM

Yoghurt is just not a night-time food for me 🤔. I've decided to forego the carrot and distract myself instead of nibbling.

#56 NastyGal

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

I'm on my second day and it feels like all I can think about is food! I'm sooo hungry at the moment. I was sitting on 800 calories for today (minimal carbs although I did eat a banana for breakfast so I could quickly take some medication) but just caved and had a small bowl of home made bolognaise sauce because - starving! Have had lots of water and about 60 - 70 grams of protein for the day. I think my body just needs to adjust to fewer calories. Doesn't help that I have delicious bread sitting on the counter, calling my name! Had to buy it for the kids' lunchboxes.

The book arrived today though so I'm going to sit down and go through that over the next couple of days.

And at least I'm eating better / less than I otherwise would so I'm going to count it as a win, even if it is a 1000 calorie day.

Oh and thanks for those meal ideas SplashingRainbows - very helpful!

#57 SplashingRainbows

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

How is everyone feeling today? I enjoyed Pilates this morning and am feeling the benefit of the weight loss. I will be sore tomorrow though I can tell.

After a couple of hungry days I felt great today. Enjoying it while it lasts!

Edited by SplashingRainbows, 04 September 2019 - 08:39 PM.

#58 *cough*

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:23 PM

Do you think it would work while breastfeeding if I ate slightly more or added one slice of low carb bread?

#59 Ozquoll

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

Hmpph. Brain fog central for me again. The recipes from the book have been very tasty though.

One of my sisters is going to join me on the Fast800, so that will be helpful for motivation and sometimes cooking for each other.

#60 SplashingRainbows

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:04 AM

No cough, not allowed while feeding. Michael’s very clear on that.

#61 PizzaSteve

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:46 AM

Hi, I am still chugging along although weight has definitely plateaued at the 5 week mark and am trying to stop the chocolate after dinner which is an issue.

So far definitely 4.8kg down, clothes fit so much better, generally feel better. Find this way of eating sustainable and avoiding pasta, bread, starchy veg, rice etc just suits me. Need to get over this hump though as would love to lose another 3kg at least!

#62 Ozquoll

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

^^^^
Pizza Steve, would it be worth having one blow-off day where you just eat and drink whatever you want? Might be a nice circuit-breaker before getting back to the diet.

†***†*******†****

Day 3 for me. Had the pear and cinnamon porridge from the cookbook. Delicious, but I could have happily eaten a triple quantity! Still experiencing brain fog, although thankfully I have now recalled my neighbour's name 😅.

#63 spartan_mum

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

I'm in my second week now and lost 2.75kgs so far. I really struggled to get past a certain milestone and doing this helped me over that so i feel super motivated.

The hunger has subised a bit now ands is more manageable but i do find myself very tired by the end of the day and still needing to drink quite a bit of water to hold it off but that's not a bad thing as i really didn't drink enough water before.

I also do the time restricted eating but this morning i had the overnight porridge and its nearly 11.30 and only starting to feel hungry now. I've not gone that longer without hunger pains before so i might have that a bit more often.

I plan to keep going until i reach my goal weight, i only have another 4kgs to loose so hopefully i can go back to the maintaining phase of 5:2 in a few weeks.

#64 NastyGal

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:32 AM

I just got on the scales and in 5 days I've lost 2.5 kilograms! Woop!

I'm liking eating this way so far, I don't miss the processed carbs too much (I do have lentils and carb heavy veggies etc) and the hunger is easing up. No wine is obviously a good thing as well!

We have friends coming Sunday and I'm already planning prawn dumplings and champagne....but back on the wagon after that!

#65 molinero

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

Ozquoll I have been lurking on this thread as I am planning to start Mosley's diet plan in about 6 weeks after we are settled into our new house.

I get brain fog a lot, I think triggered due to thyroid problems. I have found that focusing on foods with high electrolyte count helps immensely. Avocado seems to work instantly for me when I am foggy and can't concentrate. Another go-to is suateed or blanched spinach. Apparently it is super high in electrolytes, with more nutrients available after slight cooking. This also instantly clears my fog.

Everybody's loss results on this thread sound really encouraging. Well done everyone!

#66 SplashingRainbows

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

Great results nastygal and spartan_mum!

Hope the brain fog clears for you today Ozquoll! Molinero’s tip sounds worth a try!

#67 Little Bean

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

Hi all,
I am thinking about jumping on the bandwagon. I have about 25kg to lose. Previously I've managed to lose 10-12kg, once doing Lite n Easy, once just through calorie counting, but it always comes back and usually brings more with it!

For those who've bought the books, would you recommend having both books, or can you get away with just one or the other? I'm tempted to buy just the recipe book but wondering if I should really read about the diet as a whole and the science behind it first.

Thanks for any info and congratulations on everyone's fantastic results so far.

#68 Ozquoll

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

^^^
Little Bean, I would just get the recipe book. There is an introduction which covers the whys and wherefores adequately enough, unless you really want to nerd out on the details 😉.

I'm on my fourth day and am finding the recipes very tasty. Haven't felt hungry although I HAVE thought about food a lot! Was quite brain-foggy and low energy the first three days but that has now eased and I feel quite clear-headed and energetic.

Hope to see you back on the thread soon!

#69 Elsegundo

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:40 PM

Hi all. You've inspired me too. I have the book, have planned out my first week and just ordered food to be delivered tomorrow. Will start on Sunday. My dp is going to start with me but he's a bit on the fence. I told him if he wants to cave he can eat stuff during work hours and not tell me but not to bring ice cream etc here. Trying to cut temptations!

#70 SplashingRainbows

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:57 PM

Welcome Elsegundo! Good luck. Planning makes it much easier - you sound like you’re well on track.

#71 NastyGal

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

Great planning Elsegundo - good luck starting today.

I don't have the recipe book Little Bean, just the main book, but I don't think it has any essential info that you can't find elsewhere. There is a lot of information on the fast800.com site as well, and there's forums there which also help with understanding it (although I can only read, not participate, because I'm not a member).

I've lost another 700 grams since Friday, so a total of 3.2 kgs in a week. Stoked with that. I've only been able to exercise the last couple of days because I had a sore back before then, so most of that weight loss is when I've been sedentary.

How is everybody else going?

#72 PizzaSteve

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Ozquoll, I forgot to check back into this thread but after almost 6 weeks had my first blow out last night with pizza. Honestly it did not feel good and it’s amazing how my mindset towards food has really shifted, which I think for me is where the value of this program is. I just didn’t really want it!

So back on today and hopefully I can get over the hump this week :-)

#73 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

I am pausing for a few weeks.  I lost 400 grams quickly then regained them quickly.  I'm coming off amitryptiline, the reason I stopped losing weight in the first place.  Once I am off it, I will start again.  Horrible drug that it is.

#74 Obvs

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

3kg down after the first week and feeling great. Definitely more than I was expecting. It will slow down from here on, no doubt.
I’m finding the meals delicious and quick to prepare and the hunger easily bearable so far. As long as I stay organised all will be fine. Only drawback is the grocery bill was quite a bit bigger than normal. Will see how today’s is.
I had 2 glasses of wine (home poured, so big 😂) on Friday night and felt like crap yesterday. Won’t be doing that again! Not worth it at all.
Good luck everyone.

#75 fluffybun

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

Hi everyone I bought the recipe book and I’m starting on Thursday can I ask what jumbo oats are please? I’m wanting to do the overnight oats

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.