The Block 2019

• Please log in to reply
660 replies to this topic

#26 Chocolate Addict

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

Never watched property flippers.

I love the two guys in Grace and Frankie but I have always had a thing for Sam Waterston (?) lol

#27 nasty snaugh

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

One of them reminds me a lot of Carson from the original Queer Eye

#28 moineau

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostChocolate Addict, on 06 August 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah me too. One of the grandad's looks familiar, I think Mitch? The one without the hideous black rim glasses. lol
No idea where I know him from. Are they from Melbourne?

Nah they are from Sydney - My husband knows his family.
He is ax ex butcher - They were saying to us the other day that they were doing 18 hours days most days and that it was literally the hardest experience of their lives to date..

I can't understand why they have the same budgets and timeframes for something that is DOUBLE the size of the previous ones. It's a bit ridiculous.

#29 SFmummyto3

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

Damn didn’t want Jesse and Mel to win the safe. They seem pretty full of themselves.

#30 TheGreenSheep

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

View PostSFmummyto3, on 07 August 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

Damn didn’t want Jesse and Mel to win the safe. They seem pretty full of themselves.

Oh Lordy he’s an arrogant so and so.

#31 EmmDasher

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

The safe was ridiculous. $110k extra in vouchers and stuff... it puts them so far ahead that it’s hardly a fair competition.

#32 Soontobegran

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

Jesse and Mel..... they are ‘that’ couple.
What a tosspot he is.

#33 nasty snaugh

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

He's awful, so arrogant!

#34 Ollie83

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

I’m really excited to see what can be produced this season style wise, very inspirational so far.

The gay grand dad’s the younger one with more hair (sorry can’t get his name) reminds me of Saul from Frankie and Grace on Netflix.

#35 Oriental lily

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:49 PM

Jesse is a knob . I think Mel seems to just follow along with him . Seems a bit like he is a control freak . They call her his ‘girlfriend’ not even his partner . Makes you wonder how long they have even been together ?

#36 JomoMum

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

How on earth did Jesse not order enough tiles?? And he’s been bragging all week about being a tiler LOL

#37 all-of-us

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

Did you notice that house 1 in their intro commented that it was them and their builders that got the bathroom finished this week -: the builders actually got acknowledged

#38 nasty snaugh

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Jesse and Mel are delusional

I cannot find much to like about either of them

#39 EmmDasher

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:51 PM

Andy & Deb’s en-suite was beautiful. Loved the boys one aswell. I hope they win a room soon - it would be well deserved.

#40 all-of-us

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

I loved room 1 and room 3 bathrooms.  They took my breath away.  I wonder if house (not room) are being paid to look and behave as they are?

#41 Apple14

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

I wish it would get back to being about the build and design etc and not about how far they can push the contestants and all the drama. It’s tedious and gets worse every year. I’m over this season already.

#42 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:52 AM

I preferred Mark & Mitch's bathroom, but the judges were correct in scoring Andy & Deb's higher, for the proportionality of the bathroom to the bedroom, and the acknowledgement of budgeting at this early stage.

Separately, my sympathies to the locals; DD went to Alliance Francaise across the road for most of last year; the traffic was bad enough, and I saw enough roadside footage last night, to appreciate how much worse it must be with this going on.

#43 Chocolate Addict

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:30 AM

A tiler that under ordered tiles by 25 boxes?

Not a tiler I would be confident with.
I would love to see his trade certificate. lol

#44 #YKG

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

View PostChocolate Addict, on 12 August 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

A tiler that under ordered tiles by 25 boxes?

Not a tiler I would be confident with.
I would love to see his trade certificate. lol

He probably hasn’t worked in the field since he got his trade certificate.  

I’m slow on the watching, so behind, but what knob jockey buts a place on the same street as the block? It’s not like you are allowed to go home when you want.

#45 Chocolate Addict

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

I just 'stalked' Jesse's linkedin profile....

I have been a Property Investor since the age of 19 and I am passionate about Real Estate. Before my life as a Real Estate agent I was a fully licensed Tradesman and small business owner. My real passion was in Real Estate, and I finally took the step in to my new career as an agent at the start of 2015.

And in 2008 did a Certificate III in floor and wall tiling.

**that info was all publicly available, I didn't have to log in to see it. :)

#46 JomoMum

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

View Post#YKG, on 12 August 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

He probably hasn’t worked in the field since he got his trade certificate.  

I just think it’s hilarious because he’s been bragging about I all week as being a secret trick up their sleeve .. then it all went to cr@p! Lol

#47 JustCurious100

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

I'm over all the product placements

#48 Soontobegran

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

OMG...Tess is hard work.

#49 JustCurious100

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

She annoys me immensely

#50 Oriental lily

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

Imagine if Tess and Jesse were a couple . Luke and Mel seem like they have put up with a lot .

I really like Andy and Deb . Seem to be pretty down to earth .

Mark and Mitch are fun to . Those two couples actually look like they are having a bit of fun .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.