The Block 2019

• Please log in to reply
660 replies to this topic

#51 JomoMum

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:20 AM

In the space of a week Luke and Tess have lost two tradies because she’s such a b!tch.

She reminds me of the horrible woman last season who was always putting her husband down and being really nasty. What was her name??

#52 eponee

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

View PostJomoMum, on 13 August 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

In the space of a week Luke and Tess have lost two tradies because she’s such a b!tch.

She reminds me of the horrible woman last season who was always putting her husband down and being really nasty. What was her name??

Was it Georgia (married to Ronnie)?

#53 #YKG

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:36 AM

The only couples I like so far are the Granddads and the comedian and his wife (don’t know names yet), the newlyweds seem pretty chill.

Can’t stand the real estate agent and his partner.

#54 Tinkle Splashes

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:51 AM

Didn’t they show Luke swearing at his plasterers at the start of last night’s episode? I think as a couple, Luke and Tess are a bit toxic.

#55 Chocolate Addict

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

I like the Grandads, I also love that they are 'the grandads' and not 'the gay couple" :)

And the comedian and his wife,they seem lovely.

Jesse is annoying me more with each episode. :p

#56 #YKG

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

View PostChocolate Addict, on 13 August 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

I like the Grandads, I also love that they are 'the grandads' and not 'the gay couple" :)

And the comedian and his wife,they seem lovely.

Jesse is annoying me more with each episode. :p

How couples are referred to has come a long way since early seasons. Gaz & Waz weren’t always referred to or showed in the most positive light in their season.

I like when people may not have trades still get in and do labour work for their trades and not just stand in doorways and watch everyone work.

#57 Murderino

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostTinkle Splashes, on 13 August 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Didn’t they show Luke swearing at his plasterers at the start of last night’s episode? I think as a couple, Luke and Tess are a bit toxic.

I missed the very start so haven’t seen Luke swearing but that was awful last night.

I did notice El’ise (ridiculous spelling) and her partner last week wondered why the plasterer just up and left. Moments earlier they’d been showing footage of him yelling at them!

I don’t like them so far, Granddads and comedian are my faves.

#58 JustCurious100

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostJomoMum, on 13 August 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Scott's voiceover bit said that she made it know she wasnt happy with Moz and next minute hes out front quitting. My money is on she b**ched and whinged to all and sundry and Moz is either not having a bar of it or is embarrassed

#59 Montro

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

Is it wrong for me to say that I sort of enjoyed the look on Mel's face when she and Jesse were being awarded super low scores for their bathroom?  The scoring certainly knocked them off their high horses, to an extent and it showed on Mel's face.  She appears much more pleasant when she does her pieces to camera without Jesse by her side.

#60 Oriental lily

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Yeah I haven’t actually seen Mel do or say anything particularly bad or nasty  . She actually looks a bit embarrassed of Jesse at times or simply goes along with him . I would find him exhausting . All attitude and boastfulness without being able to deliver .

I do think they are likely to win though .

Winning the safe plus he does know the market .

I am a florist and it’s amazing what the market loves that I find horrible . But the market is what it is .

While Neil hated their bathroom all that marble and wall to wall tiles might be exactly what that tickles the fancy of buyers in that price range , because it LOOKS expensive .

Not a ‘tomb’ at all .

#61 JomoMum

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

View Posteponee, on 13 August 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Was it Georgia (married to Ronnie)?

I’m just watching reruns of last season on Nine Life today .. Sara, married to Hayden. She was awful! And actually looks a bit like Mel lol

#62 Murderino

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostJustCurious100, on 13 August 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Scott's voiceover bit said that she made it know she wasnt happy with Moz and next minute hes out front quitting. My money is on she b**ched and whinged to all and sundry and Moz is either not having a bar of it or is embarrassed

When they met that spiritual builder last night I was thinking I bet they keep Moz! I wouldn’t stay in his shoes.

#63 JustCurious100

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:06 PM

View PostMurderino, on 13 August 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

When they met that spiritual builder last night I was thinking I bet they keep Moz! I wouldn’t stay in his shoes.

She'll nit pick everything he does

#64 Blue Shoe

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:46 PM

I like Andy and Deb, and the granddads. Tess is downright scary and the way she speaks to Luke is awful. Jesse is the most arrogant contestant I’ve seen on the series in all the years I’ve been watching.
We’re watching not-live so we can skip all the arguments. The fast forward button is already getting quite a workout...

#65 José

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:40 PM

im loving the grand dads.

also like andy and deb. i like how they are keen and eager for feedback.

i know in past seasons contestants have been given advice which tbey openly ignore thinking they know best.

#66 eponee

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostJomoMum, on 13 August 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

I’m just watching reruns of last season on Nine Life today .. Sara, married to Hayden. She was awful! And actually looks a bit like Mel lol

Yep, Sara.  R & G were the series before that one

#67 Chocolate Addict

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:55 PM

I think Matt looks like that footfaller guy, Darren Jolly (?) that did it with his wife, Dee.

Jesse needs to stop referring to himself as a tiler, he has shown he has no skill.

#68 JustCurious100

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

View PostChocolate Addict, on 14 August 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Jesse needs refer to himself as a tool, he has shown he has no skill.

Fixed that for you 😉

#69 mumofruby

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

Matt the builder reminds meof Anthony Field from the wiggles

#70 Chocolate Addict

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

How nice are the Grandad's, helping the 'newly weds"? True gentlemen. :)

I wish they would get a win though, coming so close three weeks running must be painful for them.

Jesse is such a tosser. I am not a huge fan of Shayna, nor her style choices most of the time but she does know what she is doing, so I would listen to her.

#71 decisionsdecisions

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

How do you get out of #5's lounge room with doors that don't have handles?  Live in hope that someone is in the hallway to push them inwards for you?

Edited by decisionsdecisions, 19 August 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#72 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

Did not like those doors at all. They should have been sliding doors as well.

#73 JustCurious100

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else hope Jesse is totally wrong

#74 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

Oh yes fingers crossed he gets last place.

#75 Nozycat

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

That lounge room with the doors looked so small.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.