question for those with lumpy breasts

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 *melrose*

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:44 PM

Good luck tomorrow op,I hope all goes well.

#27 limakilo

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

Thinking of you for tomorrow, glad you decided to get checked.

#28 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

Two and half hours later and I’m out. The mammogram found something in my other breast as well as my left one. Three ultrasounds by three different techs and I have been asked to return this afternoon for a fine needle aspiration on one side and a core biopsy on the other. It’s fair to say I’m a bit worried now.

#29 piggyinthemiddle

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:51 AM

Sorry to hear your update SL, but if this is any consolation, I'm a 11 year BC survivor and I've been in exactly your position twice now, including one with a whole room chock full of technicians. I was deemed clear on both occasions.
Best of luck and I will be following your journey.

#30 Meepy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:53 AM

SL sending you best wishes. Sorry that you have to undergo more tests, hoping that will be the end of it.

#31 *melrose*

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

Sorry to hear the news op, sending you my wishes.

#32 But seriously

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

sending good luck vibes x

#33 Karlee99

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

Fingers crossed SL xx

#34 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

All the best, SL.  Thinking of you.

#35 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

Just got home from the biopsies. The proceduralist was pretty confident both will come back benign. The one in my right side was cystic and she said if it drained clear/yellow then they wouldnt even test. it drained with some blood so it has gone off for testing. The other side was a core biopsy and went off ok, but again, just a couple of minor markers with placement of the lesions and scanning showed some 'jagged edge clumping' (I dont know what that means and I am not going to google it. I now have dressings on both boobs and the one that had the core biopsy is pretty sore already. Glad to have it all done in one day at least. Feeling more reassured and settled.

#36 zenkitty

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

I’m really glad they could get you in today, benign breast lesions are super common (particularly in young women and lumpy breasted women) so my fingers are crossed for you. Better to rule out a nasty quickly than sit on it and be anxious.

#37 Gruffalo's Child

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Fingers crossed that both biopsies come back benign.   Core biopsies are not fun - I hope you’re feeling less sore very soon.  I’ve always found chocolate and wine afterwards helps enormously.

#38 limakilo

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

Been thinking of you today, glad they pushed through with the testing and didn't leave you waiting for another day.
Fingers crossed.

#39 MooGuru

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

Fingers crossed for you

#40 *melrose*

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

Thinking of you op 🤞

#41 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

The worst part of this is that I have access to my medical record and the results (as part of some of the admin work I do at the hospital). It would be inappropriate and unethical to look, and I wont be doing so, but knowing it is there is frustrating.

#42 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

View PostGruffalo, on 13 August 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Fingers crossed that both biopsies come back benign.   Core biopsies are not fun - I hope you’re feeling less sore very soon.  I’ve always found chocolate and wine afterwards helps enormously.

Have to say, the FNA site is barely noticeable pain-wise. Core-biopsy side, not so much, but still not as bad as I was expecting.

Was difficult hiding it from the kids yesterday. I was sore and a bit stressed and had to hide it. I dont like fibbing to the kids but knowing about it would only freak them out over nothing.

#43 Chicken Pie

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

When do you get the results? fingers crossed its all clear

#44 .Jerry.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

I have lumpy breasts and have had fine needle biopsies.  Both times doctors prepare me for the worst, particularly as very hard to get samples from them.  But all is fine.

Hope all is well.

#45 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

Just had a call from the referring dr. Both lesions are clear of cancer. Its funny, I didnt think I was overly worried but I am so relieved I could cry. Spoke too soon about soreness. The Core biopsy boob is very sore and swollen now. Small price to pay. Thanks EB'ers for nudging me to get it checked. I am really glad I did now.

#46 Etta

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

I am glad that they called you so soon! We are all relieved :yes:

#47 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

That is the benefit of working there. People you know are the ones getting the results. Im very grateful to the GP who called as I know he doesnt even work today.

#48 Islander

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

Hooray!!!

#49 Chicken Pie

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:16 PM

Yay. X

#50 MooGuru

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

That's great news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.