#51 NastyGal

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

So glad to hear this!

#52 leosmum

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

Great news SL!!

#53 Gruffalo's Child

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

Wonderful news!  I’m sorry the core biopsy is so sore now - mine always take a couple of days to settle.  It’s almost as though the ‘bruising’ needs to work it’s way out.

#54 lozoodle

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Wonderful news, you did the right thing checking it all out but I'm so glad you got the all clear. At least now it helps you know what lumps are "normal" for you and then you can easily monitor for any change that needs checking down the track. Its always good to have that baseline to go off :)

#55 Sancti-claws

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Just went on your roller-coaster ride here, SL - very glad that you got the all clear.

#56 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:45 PM

I have a follow up tomorrow morning with GP. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced increased pain at the site of the core biopsy when breathing in and a bit of a cough?

#57 limakilo

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Yes I have. Not on my breast, but I have had a biopsy "elsewhere" that hurt way more in the following weeks as it healed.
As long as you don't see any sign of infection, like redness or puss, then I would think of it as normal as your body heals.
If you are concerned though, back to the GP.

#58 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:58 AM

Thanks. I had to put off the GP review as work is just too full on this week. The biopsy was quite deep into the breast (close to the chest wall) so I think that is why it hurts when breathing. There were 8 samples taken, so I guess that is a fair bit of healing to do.

#59 limakilo

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:47 PM

Obviously I am not a doctor, but yes, that sounds painful.
If it has healed and there's no open wound, you could try soft massage to help the scar tissue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.