Due in April 2020 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

#2 Inda

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

Thanks Sandra for opening the group.

Hopefully there are a few others hanging around that have been waiting for it to open also and we can get a supportive group of lovely ladies together :)

I got my strong positive on the weekend, sitting at about 5 weeks. I have booked for a GP appointment next week and will get all the bloods done then. Going off my dates I have an EDD of 10/04.
This is #2 and I am excited but also silently terrified! We were NTNP since April.
I am 27, DH is 31 and we have an almost 15 month old DD.

Edited by Inda, 07 August 2019 - 01:14 PM.

#3 Pal30

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

Hi Inda!

I also got a strong positive over the weekend.
Going off LMP I'm due 04/04 (6 weeks on Sat)
This is pregnancy number 6 (omg!!) But hopefully our third and final baby.
Ive had a bit of a journey to get here including 3 losses last year and two failed IVF cycles in March and April this year. Had a laparoscopy and removed mild endo 5 and a half weeks ago and bam here we are naturally.

Im holding off to visit gp/ let fs know for another couple of weeks, my losses ranged from 4w6d to 7w3d so needless to say I'm a tad nervous!  But im feeling a bit nauseous already and just taking one day at a time.

Im 31, hubby is 34 and I have a 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son.

Hopefully some more ladies join us soon.

Edited by Pal30, 07 August 2019 - 06:01 PM.

#4 Peebs

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Hi ladies :) Congrats to you both!

I’m going to join in, I got my bfp almost 2weeks ago after doing our first IVF FET. It’s been a long road to get here and I don’t think I even believe it yet!

I’m 5 weeks 5 days today with my first scan booked in on the 16th August at 7 weeks. EDD 03/04/2020.

I’m 36, DH 38 and we’ve been trying for our first for quite a while with no success until now. I’m so incredibly happy and grateful that we got our bfp first go with ivf but still very apprehensive as well.  Hoping all goes smoothly :)

#5 Inda

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Yay, welcome and congrats ladies :) Was starting to think I might be on my own for a bit lol

Sounds like you have both had quite a long road. Finger crossed that you both have a happy, smooth and uneventful pregnancy.

I feel like the first trimester, especially this early, is such a weird one of being pregnant but keeping it quiet and really not feeling overly pregnant. Have either of you told anyone yet? We will keep quiet till we have a dating scan or around 8 weeks like last time, when we will tell immediate family and close friends.

#6 Peebs

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

We’ve told basically everyone who knew we were doing ivf which is quite a lot of people lol. We have been pretty open about it. So my family, his family, both work and close friends all know we are pregnant already 😂

I haven’t felt much different until the last day or so, have been quite tired and sore boobs the whole time but the nausea really kicked in yesterday 😔

How are you both feeling?

#7 Inda

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

I haven't felt any different as yet. Have had sore boobs since before testing and tired. Currently have a terrible head cold, which I also got with my 1st but I'm hoping the nasuea stays away, I was sick with my Daughter up till 15 or so weeks.

Edited by Inda, 07 August 2019 - 10:31 PM.

#8 Phoebeandme

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Hi ladies, joining in here too. I’m currently 6+1 and due on the 1st April. I have a 14 month old DD, both conceived via IVF. I’m feeling very nervous after a miscarriage earlier in the year. No symptoms for me whatsoever at the moment.
Looking forward to getting to know you all x

#9 Pal30

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

Yay Peeps and pheobeandme Congratulations!

The only person "in real life" I've told is hubby!!

Before i tested I told a friend that I thought my period was late but never told her that we are actually pregnant!!

Im exhausted and nauseous, even had to get up last night to eat a cracker to stop the spewy feeling 🤢🤢🤢

#10 Inda

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

Welcome Pheobeandme. Congratulations! Sounds like you have had a long road also.
When is your DD's birthday? My girl was May 2018

Pal- only Hubby and I know at this stage also. But alot of people know we weren't preventing.
Oh no, thats not good you are feeling sick. I'm just feeling very flat, irritable and emotional today. I've got so much I want to do and just can't think.

I took another test this morning and the positive came up before and stronger then the control line so that feels positive :)

Edited by Inda, 08 August 2019 - 08:31 PM.

#11 OllieJ83

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:52 PM

Hi ladies
I got a very strong bfp a week ago, was on cycle day 34 but my cycle has been very irregular since it returned after my last baby so was unsure if I was actually late or not!. Anyways, this is baby #7 for me....was totally unplanned, I’d planned to go to uni next year but as they say “man plans and god laughs” LOL
I have an 18mth old daughter (jan 18) and 5 older children - 18, 16, 14, 12, & 10.
I am feeling tired and nauseous most of the time and having trouble eating. So far my partner and I have told our mums and siblings but will wait til after our first scan to tell the kids.
Estimating I’m almost 6weeks and due around the 11th

#12 Phoebeandme

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

Hi ladies

Welcome Ollie - omg 7 kids! I can’t even begin to imagine... congratulations

It’s pretty quiet in here. Hopefully we get some more ladies soon 😊

I am 6+4 today and the nausea has begun. I’ve had a terrible cold for the last week as well and I’m just over it! I’ve got my scan scheduled for Wednesday at 7 weeks. Nervous and excited

How is everyone going?

#13 Bellie00

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:14 PM

Peebs and Pal I’m so happy to see your names in this group!! ♥️ Congratulations to everyone on your BFP!!

I got my BFP on the 27/7 so a couple of weeks ago, there wasn’t an April due group at the time so I joined the March 20 group. my EDD is 6/4/20 (5+6 today)
Looking forward to getting to know you lovely ladies!

Bit about me - I’m 28 my partner is 32 this is our first baby I had the implanon removed in March and we feel very blessed with how soon it happened for us!
So far I’m feeling pretty good only sore nips and slightly nauseous and dizzy in the morning! I’ve got my dating scan booked in for 21/8

How’s everyone else feeling?

#14 Pal30

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

Yay Bellie!!

I still haven't been to dr for blood test or dating scan referral :/ should probably go this week!

Im craving foods that I never eat!! Pasta kfc kebabs etc. So bad!! Haha. Thought I would have my first spew this morning or last night but so far so good!

#15 Inda

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

Welcome Ollie and Bellie. Congratulations!

I'm feeling mostly good still at this stage. Almost forget I'm pregnant but starting to get some waves of nausea here and there. Dreading the sickness that I know is coming :(
Have my GP appointment on Wednesday and will get all the bloods and a dating scan referral.

Hope everyone else is going well :)
It is very quiet in here!
Who has scans booked in?

Edited by Inda, 12 August 2019 - 12:13 PM.

#16 msb2mrsb

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

Hi Ladies!
Just thought I'd drop in and say Hello!!
I got my BFP yesterday - only 12dpo.
Period was due this comingThursday but just thought something was a bit different this month so tested early.
Still feeling super anxious, as I had a chemical in July 2018 - but the line was a lot more feint on that test.
The positive this time was showing after 30 seconds and very dark in comparison.
DD estimation is around 22 April.
I already have a scheduled doctors appt in 2 weeks so will wait until then and ask for a dating scan should everything still be ok.
This will be #2 for us. DS is 3.5 years old.

Good luck to everyone <3

Edited by msb2mrsb, 12 August 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#17 Peebs

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

Yay Bellie!! Welcome to everyone who has joined and congrats!!

Any tips on dealing with the nausea ladies?  Haven't found anything that helps so far...trying dry crackers, eating in general, drinking water/apple juice.  Just seems constant. I don't mind tho cos I'm finally pregnant!

I'm so excited for my scan on Friday, hoping all is well in there and we get to see a little heartbeat!

#18 Inda

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

Welcome msb2mrsb. Congratulations!

I didn't find anything that worked last time Peebs.. eating regularly seemed to help somewhat, but I was sick multiple times a day up till 15/16 weeks and just about constantly nauseous. Lemonade icepoles made me feel slightly better though lol
How exciting for your scan!

#19 Ollie83

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

Hi,

A huge congratulations to you all!!

Lovely to be joining you and look forward to getting to know you and share the journey.

I’ve had two very strong BFP today. I think I’m due mid April.

We have a 13 month old baby girl already and can’t wait to meet number 2.

Now to tell my husband when he gets home!!

#20 Phoebeandme

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

Congratulations and welcome Ollie83 ❤️

#21 Inda

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

Welcome Ollie83. Congratulations! How exciting you got your positive today!

#22 msb2mrsb

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:44 AM

Hi ladies. Just wondering your lines are getting much darker? I had a pretty decent dark line but it’s stayed constant. Not as dark as the control line yet.
Still getting some light cramping. It’s been a while between pregnancies and I’ve forgotten how I was with my first 😂

#23 Pal30

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

I only tested the once msb2mrsb.

Peebs I wish I had tips for the nausea! Im struggling!! No spewing yet but just constantly nauseous and I'm not sure how I'll go for next 6 or so weeks with work and two children already!!

#24 OllieJ83

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

Struggletown here too! So glad I’m only working and studying part time. No food sounds appealing and everything makes me feel sick 😬 no vomiting just constant nausea.
My dr recommended restavit + b6 for my last pregnancy and I alternated that with maxalon but found it didn’t do a lot other than make me even sleepier. Thankfully by the time I got to about 15-16 weeks it started to ease up.
Haven’t even booked my first appt as my last dr moved away so now have to find a new one 😩

#25 Inda

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

msb2mrsb - I've tested a couple of times on both normal first response and the digital clearblue. The digital gave a better indication because I tested a week apart and it went from 2-3 weeks to 3+. If you are over 5-6 weeks though I would say the only way you will no about the hormone increase would be via blood tests. I wouldn't worry if you are getting positives though and you haven't had any heavy bleeding or severe pain. I think cramping is normal, I am definitely getting some twinges here and there.
I feel like I have forgotten everything from my first pregnancy and DD is only 15 months next week!

I am really dreading the sickness kicking in. I've started to get some yucky feeling and not knowing what I feel like/nothing satisfies :(
Hope you ladies aren't feeling too bad.

I have my first Dr appointment tomorrow and hopefully will get a scan referral.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.