Due in April 2020 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Ollie83

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

Not sure on the lines getting darker, I have read though that it doesn’t really matter that much as they’re not quantitative.,

The last few days I’ve been feeling pretty off. Morning sickness with DD was pretty intense so I’m hoping it’s different this time.

Last time the big guns didn’t work but Restavit was magic. There seems to be more research on it now & it’s looking very safe. Just a bit wary as I co-sleep still but pharmacists told me to take it in the morning instead of night like I used to.

#27 Phoebeandme

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:37 PM

I had my formal dating scan today at 7+0 and everything is looking good with a heart rate of 137bpm. Still can’t quite shake the feeling that something will go wrong though. I’ve been “discharged” from my fertility clinic which feels weird! I see my OB for the first time this pregnancy next Friday so hopefully that will put my mind at ease.

Major nausea and food aversions happening here. I’m controlling it somewhat with restavit at night and maxalon +/- ondansetron during the day so I can work. I just can’t stomach the thought of most food though including meat, cheese, vegetables and coffee!! Last night I ate salt and vinegar chips for dinner. Tonight I sent my husband out to buy a packet of frostie fruits! Not eating much during the day at all

I was a major POAS Addict weeks 3-6 and have managed to stop now that the lines couldn’t possibly get any darker. I was having HCG drawn every 3 days by my clinic though (which was actually just really anxiety provoking). Now I’ve had two uss with heartbeats I should just try to relax!!

How is everyone else?

Edited by Phoebeandme, 14 August 2019 - 06:38 PM.

#28 onetrick

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:35 PM

Hi everyone! I'm coming over from the March group as my dates were messed up...
I had my dating scan today and I'm 6w6d, so due 2nd April.
I have a 15 month old already and didnt really enjoy pregnancy but the end result is oh so worth it! I've started to have some MS, but so far it's nowhere near as bad as I had with DS so that's a relief (but I cant imagine being able to function if it was any worse to be honest!). Will probably ask for maxalon at the Drs tomorrow just in case as I managed to control it somewhat last time with restavit and maxalon.
I remember being told not to start restavit too early last time (i feel like I was allowed at 10 weeks??) but dont remember why? It was a lifesaver!
It's good to see a few in here already:) I really liked my first DIG so I've got high Hopes for this one lol

#29 Inda

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:37 AM

Yay for some scans!
Sounds like everything is looking good Pheobeandme :)

Welcome Onetrick ;)

Im sitting around 6 weeks. Had my first bloods done yesterday and made an appointment for next Wednesday to get the results. Dr wouldn't give me the scan referral till we get the results.. so once I get that next week I'll book for our first scan and start booking in to things like my Obstetrician and midwife program.

#30 Ollie83

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

Congratulations Onetrick! I hear you on the m/s, mine wasn’t great either. Rsetavit was my saviour, I actually just went to the chemist to get some more just in case as we’re about 40km from a chemist. The pharmacist looked it up for me and told me it was safe, but as I’m still breastfeeding DD and co-sleeping I’m only going to take in the morning. She dint say anything about a certain gestation, but definitely check with your doctors too.

Phoebeandme, that’s all sounding very positive and reassuring. Very exciting! It is really surreal though, I keep peeing on sticks too.

I’ve made a GP appointment for next Thursday, I should be 5/6 weeks by then, she’s an awesome GP and works in the practice my Ob does. I was happy there last time so hoping for a repeat performance. It’s all a bit of a waiting game at the moment, the exhaustion and m/s are very real.

#31 Inda

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

My m/s was terrible with DD also.. but I didn't take anything to help it. Definitely going to consider my options a bit more if it looks like it is going to be a repeat. Can you just get Restavit over the counter? I remember my Dr not being keen for me to take anything last time and I'm with the same GP so doubt she will want to gibe me a script for anything.

It's such a weird feeling at this stage, I feel so different to how I remember feeling in the early days with DD.

#32 Ollie83

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

Hopefully it’s calmer for you this time Inda. Yes, it’s an over the counter sleeping tablet, the Royal Women’s in Melb have been pushing for its use for awhile and research is saying it’s very safe. Lots of medical professionals don’t seem to be up with the research but when you find one who is they’re pretty positive about its use. But of course always check with your doctor first. The big guns of medicine did nothing for me last time but I took one tablet a night with DD and it was great, I really suffered if I missed it.

#33 Inda

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Well I guess that makes sense being they say not enough sleep contributes to m/s. I think I will discuss with my Ob this time, if need be.. my GP is really good but I think she is a bit more conservative. I actually was feeling quite naseous earlier this morning, after breaky so unfortunately I'm feeling like it is going to kick in soon :( I think it was 6-7 weeks it kicked in with DD.

Is anyone taking Prenatals?
I'm not at this stage, just taking plain Folate that I have been on for a while now and Vit D because my Dr recommended I take it during Winter as I was depleted of it before I fell pregnant the first time and was on it my whole pregnancy. I also feel like my Prenatals (Natures Own) contributed to my m/s last time.

#34 Peebs

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

My m/s seems to be more afternoon/evening sickness lol.  I wake up ok and can eat in the morning and then it just gets gradually worse throughout the day.  I'll have to ask our OB about the Restavit next week at our first appointment.

First scan tomorrow at 7+0, had my last bloods this morning with my fertility clinic which were looking good so hopefully I've graduated from the clinic as well.  I have a follow up appointment with my FS next week but then I think that's it.  Starting to feel a bit more real now!

#35 onetrick

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

I'm struggling with prenatal this time around... I took natures own with DS and found them absolutely fine. But they dont make them any more according to chemists near me, so I have tried blackmores... so far, not too successful. Ok before I became pregnant, but they seem to make ms worse. Chemist suggested swisse as another alternative but they were out of stock.
Seeing the doctor soon so maybe she will have another idea?

I also realised how hard it is not telling people now that it's real and we've had a scan etc... mum mentioned something today about my brother and I being able to entertain ourselves with a 2 year age gap (same as i will have) and it was so hard not to comment! Gah!! Also hard not choosing delicious menu items when going out for lunch as it isnt the safest option (this gives it away more than the lack of alcohol! Nothing I love more than breaky for lunch/ dinner, and the doctor said definitely no runny eggs as there have been a few salmonella cases in our local area...).

Who have you all told, if anyone? I've only told my DIG from when I had DS, and eb. No one IRL other than doctors and DH.

#36 Ollie83

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

I’m still breastfeeding DD so I’ve been taking Swisse or Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding one since I had her, my vitamin D is terrible too so I take that too.

The 2-3pm slump is hard the exhaustion and m/s hit hard today.

Only hubby and my online mums group know, oh and my massage therapist, kind of had to tell her. We’ll share after the 12 week mark. It’s hard isn’t it, my real life mums group are all going to my favourite winery for booze and cheese platters this Sunday. I was so looking forward to it but have pulled out as I can’t drink or eat any of the antipasto platters, they’d be so on to me and I don’t want work to know to as late as possible (small town gossip and all that).

#37 onetrick

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

MS has got me good and I completely forgot to ask for a script for maxalon when I was at my doctors yesterday. Dreading working today :(
and yup, hoping to hold off telling work until I have reapplied for my job (I am a teacher and I have that regardless, but I also have extra responsibilities at work and have to reapply for those end of this term/ start of next), but I guess that depends on how I'm feeling at work and when I start to obviously show lol

#38 Inda

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:34 AM

Good luck with your scan Peebs <3

I didn't know natures own had been discontinued! Bugger, I really preferred them last time. Just with what they had in them. Few extra bits most didn't. Think I might go suss out what is available at the chemist. I think the main thing is Folate in the first trimester along with a healthy diet (not always the easiest with m/s)

Only myself and hubby know at this stage, you ladies and my first DIG. We will tell immediate family and couple of close friends once we have our dating scan, same as last time. Then will mostly wait to tell anyone else. Not sure how I feel about announcing at this stage.. I have a few friends who have had some losses. We might just wait till further along to announce and tell people when we see them after 12 weeks. Not sure what my boss is going to say/think lol but he is generally pretty supportive. I won't tell him till he gets back at the end of October from a months holiday.

#39 Pal30

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Good luck Peebs!!

Saw Gp today for blood test and dating scan.

Dating scan booked for 28th of August. Ill be 8+4 which is fairly late I guess but I need hubby to be with me. Soooo nervous!! We will be taking our 4 year old with us...not sure what we should be telling him at this stage.

Edit- im just taking folate.

And Ive told two friends and my chiro.

Edited by Pal30, 16 August 2019 - 12:44 PM.

#40 Peebs

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

Thanks guys! Scan went well, bubs looking the right size and heart beat was 143. Both very relieved!

#41 msb2mrsb

Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

Hi Ladies, just checking in as it's been a few days.

I've had my final lots of bloods done today - first lot were drawn on wednesday and all look good - obviously very early in the pregnancy, I'm 4 weeks (period was due yesterday) and got the strong strong positive on Sunday!

I have a GP appt on the 29th August.  According to my pregnancy app i'm 4w5d so i should be almost 7 weeks by my appointment.  I'm hoping she'll send me for a dating scan just to be sure.

Nausea is already kicking in in waves - started the same time with DS.

I've been taking Elevit for about 4 months now - i take it in the evening with a Vitamin D tablet to sleep through the main nausea.

I was taking Blackmores with DS and the morning sickness was horrendous!

Hope you're all plodding along nicely xx

#42 Bellie00

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

Wow so much to catch up on!...

Can’t believe how quickly the time seems to be flying already! So far (I don’t want to jinx myself) I’ve been feeling pretty good! Slightly nauseous occasionally but overall feeling great, sore nips every now and then. Just in the past couple of day my boobs have been getting a bit achyand I’ve already grown a cup size... the dizziness has seemed to disappear, thankfully. Going off my dates I’m 6+5 today but have my dating scan on the 21st!
So far We’ve told my sister and a couple of close friends. Not telling mine or my partners parents until I’m about 9 weeks when we have a family wedding (pretty sure my mum is already onto me though) not sure how I feel about “announcing”, I’m thinking we will just tell the people we want to know after 12weeks...
Prenatal- I’ve been taking Elevit since March.

#43 Phoebeandme

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:33 PM

I’ve sent you all a PM...

Prenatal wise I’m just on ifolate.

Anyone else battling with all day nausea? I’m a bit over it. Haven’t spewed at all (didn’t in my first pregnancy either), but the nausea is bad enough. Managing it with restavit at night and occasional maxalon during the day.

Seeing my OB on Friday when I’ll be 8+2. That will make it feel more real 😊

#44 Deedee83

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:28 AM

Hi everyone and congratulations on your pregnancies.
I've just found out I'm pregnant with #2, my DS is 16months. Only just 4+4 and will go see GP next week I guess for bloods and dating scan.
Look forward to following your journeys. I was and still am in an amazing DIG on fb that was created from here and I don't know what I'd do without all those women, not only during my first pregnancy but even now still

#45 zygotethis

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Hello lovely ladies!

Congratulations to everybody! How exciting for us all! I am pregnant with my first. I'm 37 and my partner is 45. First child for both of us. My partner and I had been trying for around a year so I think I'm pretty lucky compared with a lot of other women.

The only thing I'm worried about at the moment is that my partner and I are both out of work and have been so for a long time. My partner only now feels comfortable to look for work again (pretty sure it's because of the coming baby!) after 10 years of not working. He had a car accident 10 years ago. So we are both looking for work and I study a Diploma part time. Anyone else in the same boat with themselves and partner not working? Unfortunately at my age I couldn't wait for one of us to be working before trying to become pregnant.

I'm due April 22nd. No morning sickness as yet but still very early days. Mild cramping has been constant but has eased up the past few days. When I get up from a sitting position the mild cramping always happens. Anyone else experience this?

I'm wanting a home birth and a water birth. I see a midwife this week to discuss options.

So excited to follow everyone's progress. Happy and healthy 9 months to everyone!

#46 zygotethis

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Welcome Deedee83 and congratulations!

#47 Carousel2020

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

Hi everyone :)

I am 34 and just over 5 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and I haven't had any close friends near me that have had babies so this is all really strange and new to me. I am very excited but also feeling very anxious. I see the doctor tmrw for the results of my HCG tests, so fingers crossed they are going up!

Every time I am at the shops I have to use all my self control not to go and buy more tests! It all feels a bit surreal, I can't believe I'm pregnant!

I seem to be getting the full bag of symptoms already, the lower back pain, nausea and vertigo being the worst. I have been struggling at work, does anyone have any tips for coping? :)

I am booked in with my obstetrician on the 9th September, it seems like forever away!

Edited by Carousel2020, 19 August 2019 - 06:34 PM.

#48 Inda

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:53 PM

Welcome and huge Congratulations ladies! Lovely to see some more joining :)

Hope everyone is feeling well.
Back to the Gp on Wednesday for my blood results

#49 Ollie83

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

Hello, welcome and congratulations =)
Hope all your appointments go well and look forward to sharing the journey with you.

#50 Dellyc83

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm 7w4d today with 3rd pregnancy, 2nd child.
I have a 12yo son from a previous relationship and I had a miscarriage over the festive season just gone.

Had my dating scan last week and it was so wonderful to see and hear the heartbeat. My bloods and ultrasound were all perfect according to my GP :)

We've only told my parents and I'll probably tell my son this weekend I think.

I'm feeling great apart from the occasional sore boobs and nausea which only seems to come on in the afternoon. Oh and this baby seems to really be zapping the energy out of me!

Still trying to get to the gym 3-4 times a week but obviously not overdoing it. Have had to buy some new active wear though, my boobs needed some more room, haha!

Hope everyone else is going well:)

Is there a private facebook group set up for April due dates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.