Due in April 2020 Chat #1

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Koolextra

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

Hi everyone

Thought I might join the group of all goes well.

I'm 37 and this is my 2nd pregnancy.   We have a 16 yr old.  Funny thing is this baby is due 14/4 same as DS due date 17 years ago.

So I'm 6+1 weeks today.

Last 1.5 weeks I've had bad lower abodomal pains,  went up to emergency weekend before last and had an internal scan which showed everything looked ok.

So the Dr on Friday who said I had an infection, looked like a uti or bladder infection.   Antibiotics and probiotics.

The antibiotics started to kick in a coupe of days ago which is good.  The pains were so bad.

I feel like crap most of the time.   The uti messed me around and now I feel tired and crappy all the time.   My boobs hurt and feel so heavy.

I'm hoping things feel better soon.

#52 onetrick

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:32 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy, koolextra, but sorry that it's been a rough couple of weeks (understatement?).
Welcome to the group!

#53 Phoebeandme

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

Welcome ladies! I have sent you all a PM :)

#54 bluejeanbaby

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

Hi all!

Got a surprising PPT today, I’m in a bit of shock!

This will be baby #3. Sh@&ting myself at the moment and hubby is away for a few days!

I’m due 28/4 so only 4w2d today 😰

#55 MagsJee

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I thought I may as well pop my head in here :)

I'm 41 and have been having IVF treatment for nearly two years to try for baby #2 (we have a 5 year old). Happily enough our 6 week scan was on our wedding anniversary so I'm covered for hubby's present :lol:

I've been super hungry and tired as all get out plus some nausea on and off.

I'm due 2/4 and looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

#56 zygotethis

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

Congrats Koolextra! I'm 37 too but with first pregnancy. Sorry to hear it has been quite a tough last few weeks. Congrats bluejeanbaby and MagsJee! How wonderful for you MagsJee that after nearly 2 years IVF treatment you have your little miracle growing at last.

I'm getting the morning/all day sickness now. Plus the "lighting crotch" symptoms of feeling like I've been kicked in the hoo-haa. Not nice. Will probably see GP to make sure its all normal as "lightning crotch" symptoms seems a bit early!

#57 Inda

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:47 AM

Congratulations to the ladies that have joined! Hope you are all going well.

We are playing a bit of a waiting game at the moment, having had a dating scan say about 6 weeks when I thought I would have to be 7+ at minimal going off my cycle dates (was 8 weeks since LMP). So having some tracked bloods to keep an eye on HCG and hopefully work out what is happening.

Edited by Inda, 28 August 2019 - 11:48 AM.

#58 N. Tonks

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

Hi everyone,

Going to tentatively join here and say hi. I'm 7+3 today with my 3rd pregnancy, I have one almost 3 year old daughter and had a missed miscarriage in January. It's been a bit of an anxiety provoking pregnancy so far with spotting for a few hours over the weekend and a trip to EPAS who confirmed that everything was looking ok. I've had my official dating scan today and we still seem to be where we should be so hopefully from now on it's all uneventful. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

One thing I'm still tossing up is NIPT vs. NT scan, I had the scan done last time. I like that NIPT is more accurate but dislike that they don't have an opportunity to scan and look at bub in more detail to make sure everything is looking ok. Has anyone else decided?

#59 Inda

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Hi N. Tonks, Congratulations and welcome :)
I had spotting here and there with my DD, fortunately nothing major but still very unsettling. Hope things are more settled fkr you going forward.

We will be doing the NT scan. We are relatively low risk and everything was with our DD, plus I figure if something came back higher we can always do the NIPT later where as you can't do the NT scan after 13? weeks.
This has been discussed on the place that shall not be named if you are interested in joining.

#60 Phoebeandme

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Hi Tonks. My Ob has recommended NIPT along with a scan at around 12 weeks to look for structural abnormalities. Will PM you

#61 N. Tonks

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Hey thanks Inda, nice to get the reassurance that it was ok for you. Luckily I've had no further spotting since then.

#62 zygotethis

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:52 PM

Hey ladies. I've bitten the bullet and taking restavit for horrid morning sickness. The hoo-haa pains I had turned out to be a cyst. I found that out as I was bleeding along with clear fluid coming out so I went to emergency. Saw on ultrasound that baby was fine but I had a ruptured cyst. Good to see others take restavit too as it is a scary decision.

#63 zygotethis

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:43 PM

Anyone left? :(

#64 onetrick

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:59 AM

I'm here! Had the 12w scan yesterday (at 12w6d) and everything looked good :)
Started telling people so it seems more real now.
How are you going, zygotethis? Feeling any better? (Sorry I missed your last post!!)

#65 Pal30

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

Im here too!! Scan yesterday for me too! Everything looked all good for me too. Told my kids yesterday so definitely real!!

#66 Argentum

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your pregnancies :)
I'm due with baby #2 19/4/2020. Due to recent travelling I only this week got to having a scan and seeing my OB. So coming up almost 14 weeks and have only just announced and told everyone (other that parents who knew awhile ago). All seems good so far thankfully.

If there is a private group around I would love to be invited.

#67 emanresu

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:27 AM

Hi all. Congratulations to you all and hope everything is going well.
Would love to join a private group if there is one and get to know all you further.

#68 Phoebeandme

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

Welcome to you both :) I have sent you a PM x

#69 wizzbef

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

Is there a private group, as not much action here anymore? I have been stalking this group for weeks as I wanted to make sure this bean would stick.
Currently 16w 2d
and
...........I'm 45 :omg: :omg:

#70 Phoebeandme

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:56 PM

Welcome wizzbef! Congratulations! I’ll pm you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.