Child Care Subsidy Balancing

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 ECsMum

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

Just wondering if there is somewhere on MyGov/Centrelink you can check to see if your Child Care Subsidy is being balanced/reconciled?   I am expecting a payment and have already received my tax return and you used to be able to see where it was at.  THanks

#2 South Coast

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:00 PM

I received my tax return also but nothing from Centrelink - might be a holdup somewhere....

#3 Gonzy

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:04 PM

My tax return was finalised on the 16th July and Centrelink are advising they haven't received it yet so have not balanced my childcare...I don't even know if that is accurate or Centrelink buying time - especially given CSA certainly received tax returns for both my ex-DH and I, and he completed his 2 weeks after mine.

Either way I would be very interested to know if anyone's childcare has actually been balanced?

Edited by Gonzy, 12 August 2019 - 12:05 PM.

#4 IamtheMumma

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

I can't find one and nothing for me either. My tax was done over a month ago.

#5 afterlaughter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:17 PM

They were not even starting the process till 31st July I read recently.

#6 Living Type

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:28 PM

I did my tax last night and was wondering if this was included in my estimate or not.

#7 theboys2

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

i did my Tax Return the 22 July and have had that initial payment come through but nothing yet from Centrelink.

I am waiting as well. I am always nervous about getting a bill lol

#8 Renovators delight

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

I went looking on the Families Update facebook page about this earlier, as I was vaguely expecting it to be in already.

They had said that balancing started 29 July, childcare centres had to have info in by then etc, so I was thinking it would come in the first payment after that.

However, on the FB page they are indicating that 'it should show up mid-August' - so I imagine it will be another week or so.

https://www.facebook...16383781841190/

Glad I'm not depending on the cash.

Edited by Renovators delight, 12 August 2019 - 12:41 PM.

#9 Murderino

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

This in on the Facebook page
https://m.facebook.c...164587703687481

ETA snap RD I got sidetracked posting and you posted in the meantime!

Edited by Murderino, 12 August 2019 - 12:49 PM.

#10 chicken_bits

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:51 PM

Thankyou for asking this! I've been waiting patiently for mine. Of course they're super swift at balancing it when you owe them money (we were overpaid FTB this year) but when they owe you money they take their sweet time.

#11 ECsMum

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Thanks everyone - not in need of the cash so urgently this year but more wondering where we can see what is actually going on :)

#12 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

Yeah ive been a bit (only mildly, though) miffed that you dont seem to be able to go back and check what your previous financial years actual income was so you can prepare for either an underpayment (wishful thinking) or overpayment.

Im sure it used to be a feature - can only seem to find a 2019/2020 fin year combined income section.

Things are a bit slim here, not drastically so, but a few bucks back wouldnt go astray...

#13 Mollycoddle

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostLiving Type, on 12 August 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I did my tax last night and was wondering if this was included in my estimate or not.

It wouldn't be.  Centrelink do their reconciling separately, after your tax is done.  So the estimate will only be the balance of your tax account.  What you actually get/lose will be more or less what you may owe/be owed by Centrelink one they do their reconciliation.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 12 August 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#14 No Drama Please

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

I checked and noticed that last year it came through in mid September? Thanks for posting though, I’m glad it’s not just me as was starting to worry I was “under investigation” :lol:

#15 Safety Queen

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

View PostCaitlin Happymeal, on 12 August 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Yeah ive been a bit (only mildly, though) miffed that you dont seem to be able to go back and check what your previous financial years actual income was so you can prepare for either an underpayment (wishful thinking) or overpayment.

Im sure it used to be a feature - can only seem to find a 2019/2020 fin year combined income section.

Things are a bit slim here, not drastically so, but a few bucks back wouldnt go astray...

You can On the website there is a drop done for choosing the year

#16 newbub2014

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

I was just coming on here to see if this had been asked. I did my tax return mid July, how come they do the FTB supps so promptly but not this? As in, don’t they need to wait for the tax information to do the supps, because if you had underestimated but then ended up earning over a certain amount you wouldn’t be eligible? And then on that note, how can they argue that they are waiting on info from the tax office for the CCS balancing, when it’s the same info?

I’m not desperately in need of it, but am waiting to book my cars service till I have this money (I overestimate income) so it will definitely be coming in handy

#17 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

View PostSafety Queen, on 12 August 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

You can On the website there is a drop done for choosing the year

Yeah usually I can do that.. not this year for some reason. Sounds like its not a uniform thing if others can see thiers - I assumed it was due to the platform update they did a little while ago - maybe I should ask them.

#18 Baroness Bubbles

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

Im still waiting for my sups to be balanced and i got my tax return back on July 24.

How do you know if you are under investigation?

#19 Pearson

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

View Postnewbub2014, on 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

I was just coming on here to see if this had been asked. I did my tax return mid July, how come they do the FTB supps so promptly but not this? As in, don’t they need to wait for the tax information to do the supps, because if you had underestimated but then ended up earning over a certain amount you wouldn’t be eligible? And then on that note, how can they argue that they are waiting on info from the tax office for the CCS balancing, when it’s the same info?

I’m not desperately in need of it, but am waiting to book my cars service till I have this money (I overestimate income) so it will definitely be coming in handy

Because they are reliant on a third party - the child care providers - to supply the information. Just like with the "group certificate" information to be uploaded.
It is also the first year of CCS.... maybe they want to make sure it is right.

#20 Bono25

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

Does everyone get it? Is it just the with held money they're balancing?

#21 Gonzy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

It is also the first year of CCS.... maybe they want to make sure it is right.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unless you work for Centrelink and have a natural bias, this is actually a pretty funny comment.  

Centrelink are hands down the most inept dept. ever.

#22 IamtheMumma

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

Has anyone heard anything more?

#23 Renovators delight

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

They say its taking longer than expected...

https://www.facebook...33920626754172/

#24 casime

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

I forgot about the CCS.  I've already got my refund and supps, so that was a nice bonus (I withhold all of my FTB during the year as forced savings).  Will be a nice little extra bonus.

#25 Noodlez

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

Anyone received their’s yet? I’m not sure what’s taking so long I mean they haven’t had a whole year to prepare for the balancing or anything 🙄

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.