asko washing machine.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 José

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

so i thought i was going to buy a bosch washing machine. but sales person highly recommended asko

does anyone have an asko? do u like it?

#2 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:19 PM

I don’t have an Asko but LOVE my new Bosch Home Professional machine.

#3 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:58 PM

Love my asko, it's never missed a beat and it's 16 years old. If/when it dies, I will buy another one. My sister bought her asko two years ago and is very happy with it.

But yes, I have heard good things about the top range Bosch machines as well.

#4 MessyJ

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:12 PM

We didn't end up buying one (DH wanted the fancy samsung one) so I can't give you any real life reviews, but I was very impressed with the sales pitch too!

They were saying they are the only brand who don't use a concrete base (which over many years can break down) and they also don't use a rubber seal apparently, so no nasty mould build up!

If it had been just me choosing a machine I would have gone with one, good price too!

#5 c00l

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

My 10 yr old DD is going as Spider Gwen(Gwen Stacey)-there is a graphic novel series my DD reads based on her. She is wearing black pants black tshirt a white cropped hoodie(big w)$12. My husband spray painted the hoodie with the needed patterns abd also decorated and cut the mask to the appropriate shape (bought from kmart).

#6 Gumbette

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

We’ve had our Asko washing machine for 10 yrs. Once a day at least, except weekends when it’s 2-3 times a day.

Slightly off topic, but we also have an Asko dishwasher - after 11+ years we’ve finally had to call for service - the rubber seal has been completely eroded. 2-3 loads a day every.single.day.

#7 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

We have an Asko, about 3 years old. It’s a bit buggy to be honest.  Washes the clothes really well, really really well, and has a huge capacity. But had these issues

Door lock got stuck
Door seal needed replacing cause the door wouldn’t close properly. (Newer ones probably have the new door seal so won’t have this problem)
It’s now making clunking noises and I suspect the bearing is about to die.

So I dunno, mixed feelings about it. Salesman pushed us toward it too, makes me wonder if they get extra commission from Asko.

#8 José

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:28 PM

View Post~LemonMyrtle~, on 13 August 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

We have an Asko, about 3 years old. It’s a bit buggy to be honest.  Washes the clothes really well, really really well, and has a huge capacity. But had these issues

Door lock got stuck
Door seal needed replacing cause the door wouldn’t close properly. (Newer ones probably have the new door seal so won’t have this problem)
It’s now making clunking noises and I suspect the bearing is about to die.

So I dunno, mixed feelings about it. Salesman pushed us toward it too, makes me wonder if they get extra commission from Asko.

yeah, i also wondered about commission!

were your repairs done under warranty?

#9 can'tstayaway

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:11 PM

My MIL bought an Asko probably 20 years ago. Worked well for a very long time. Had a few service calls over the years as you’d expect. MIL replaced it with another Asko about 23 years ago. Still very happy.

SIL has had Bosches. They vary depending on which price point you buy at. The good ones are good but the cheaper ones feel it.

I’ve had Mieles and love them. I’ve used both MIL and SIL’s machines when we’ve stayed with them. I understand why they are happy with their machines but I wouldn’t buy them. I wash for a household of five humans plus a big dog. I need a workhorse of a machine that can fit large loads, have a big door opening for bulky stuff yet will do my delicates gently. The Asko and Bosch’s gentle cycle are not as gentle as the Miele’s. They pulled woollen jumpers out of shape and the door opening was smaller so a pain to shove in doonas.

MIL washes daily for 2 people and doesn’t sort loads. She hand washes her underwear and delicates (???!!!!!!) and doesn’t wash sheets or doonas as frequently as I do so her loads are small.

SIL also doesn’t sort loads and her laundry pills and she replaces clothing more frequently than I do. I’m sure part of the reason some of my kids’ clothes have been able to be handed down 3 children and then on to others is due to the gentle washing they’ve had.

#10 José

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:34 PM

View Postcan, on 13 August 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

My MIL bought an Asko probably 20 years ago. Worked well for a very long time. Had a few service calls over the years as you’d expect. MIL replaced it with another Asko about 23 years ago. Still very happy.

SIL has had Bosches. They vary depending on which price point you buy at. The good ones are good but the cheaper ones feel it.

I’ve had Mieles and love them. I’ve used both MIL and SIL’s machines when we’ve stayed with them. I understand why they are happy with their machines but I wouldn’t buy them.

oh no, dont throw another brand into the mix! ill never be able to decide!

#11 Murderino

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

I have a Bosch washer and really like, from my research when I got it you want the ones made in Europe.

I have an Asko heat pump dryer and also love it. Based on the dryer I’d be happy to buy an Asko washing machine if my Bosch died.

#12 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

I haven't hand-washed anything since I bought the Asko. The handwash cycle is awesome on my Asko!

#13 Stuffed Olive

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

My Miele washing machine is 25 years old next month. It washes gently and really well and it has never missed a beat. I will definitely replace it with a Miele when / if! It dies.

#14 just roses

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:36 PM

I love my Asko! It's almost ten years old and hasn't skipped a beat. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

#15 FeralZombieMum

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:40 PM

If you are look at getting a Bosch - find out where it is made. The first 3 letters of the code apparently give away where it was made. You want one from Germany.

#16 Angelcandy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

We replaced a Bosch front loader with a larger capacity Asko front loader. Both are good. If I had to replace our machine now I would definitely look at another Asko. Just little things - it’s quieter, the way the door seals means I never have to clean the rubber, the water seems to flush the detergent out of the dispenser better... BUT our Bosch was pretty old so I’m not comparing current technology and the ‘normal’ wash cycles for the Asko are loooong. The decision when we got our new machine was based on the deals available at the time.

#17 literally nobody

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

Love my Asko, never missed a beat and i do 2 loads a day. Had it for 10 years.

#18 400

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:01 PM

We have an asko washer and dryer.

DH bought the washer long before we met (together nearly 7 years) and he chose it after a lot of research as the only one that could handle all the loose screws in his tradie pockets. Love it, never had a problem. Has a long life ahead by the looks of things.

We bought the dryer about 4 years ago purely because the washer had done a great job. It’s simple but never had a problem.

Would definitely recommend.

Edited by 400, 13 August 2019 - 11:02 PM.

#19 Prancer is coming

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

We inherited an asko when we bought our house.  We got 10 years out of it, and it was bought about 10 years before we moved in.  It was my first front loader, and I assumed they were all equal.  Totally wrong.  He got a Westinghouse and it was terrible compared to the asko.

I finally found good reason to get rid of it a few years later and got a bottom of the line Miele.  I do like it, not totally sure it cleans as well as the asko, but at the same time I did not have kids for most of the time I had the asko, so did not give it much of a workout on stains!  I am totally best friends with my Miele heat pump dryer though.

From my research, Miele and asko are the best.  Bosch would probably come next, but Siemens and gorenje are worth a look at too.

#20 nasty buddha

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:58 AM

Best brands for front loaders are asko, miele and bosch (but only the ones made in Germany) - not all bosch are great.

I have an asko 10kg so it fits large doonas. I love it.
Whatever machine you get, you need to know it's strengths and weaknesses once you use it. Then you'll work out what settings are best for you and for certain clothes etc.

I didn't like how small the miele drums were and couldn't justify the cost compared to my asko.

I'm not a "throw everything in all together and that will do" type person so each to their own. I seperate everything.

#21 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostJosé, on 13 August 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

yeah, i also wondered about commission!

were your repairs done under warranty?

All happened out of warranty, although the second visit the guy only charged me like $20 cause he couldn’t really find the source of the clunking sound. And the door seal parts cost was really low, I suspect it was almost cost price.

Must say, our local asko repair guy is awesome. Knowledgeable, quick, doesn’t waste time. I never felt ripped off paying him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.