iPhone XR or XS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:22 PM

I want a "normal" sized (able to fit in pockets, run with it etc) iPhone. I am debating between the XR and the XS. Have you one or the other? What were the selling points for you?

I do want some decent photography capacity, but saw photos from the XR on the weekend and was well impressed. Would I be further blown away by the XS?

#2 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

My sister bought the XS 6 months ago. She absolutely loves it.

I have the 8+ and I think the cameras are similar. (dual 12MP). I love the camera on my 8+.

The XS is a smidge smaller and lighter than the XR, but with a bigger screen.

ETA: XS has more capacity (64, 256, 512) than the XR (64, 128, 256).
XS camera has 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom .
XR camera has 5x digital zoom

Edited by YodaTheWrinkledOne, 13 August 2019 - 09:39 PM.

#3 ~J_WTF~

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

I have an XR, I like it.

The XS comes in the same size as the XR and the bigger size.

The tech they use for the screen is different but that’s about it really.

The XR was slightly cheaper I think from memory.

#4 -Emissary-

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:27 PM

I got the XS when it was released.

Size was the only factor for me. It’s slightly smaller but I am not fond of big phones and wanted the smallest out of the two.

#5 MissMilla

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:29 AM

XS is definitely better. Faster and better photos.

#6 #YKG

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

I’d do XS, they fixed the issues with XR with XS.
I have a X, for some reason when they released XR, they had more issues. Not sure what they did.

#7 dadwasathome

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

I have an X and, in terms of camera, the XS is the upgrade path. The XR camera is more an upgrade from the 8 from what I can see.

Which still takes rather good pics (I have an 8 as a work phone), but the XS offers a few more versatile options.

#8 Gumbette

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

I hate my XR.  The screen turns off when I'm on a call and doesn't come back on again so I can't hang up.  If I win lotto it's the first thing to go.  I know, big dreams.

Edited by Gumbette, 15 August 2019 - 01:55 PM.

#9 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:59 PM

i have an XR (ok that was four attempts to stop auto correct changing that to x ray) - i dunno....it’s better than what i had previously which was a very old iphone. i’m still getting used to no home button, something is massively churning through my data and i don’t know what - and....the camera isn’t all that. i bought it for the camera - i think i should have gone the XS.

#10 HamsterPower

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:42 PM

I chose the XR as the battery life is better than the XS and battery life is a huge thing to me. I also just couldn’t  justify the extra $600 for the same capacity/GB in the XS as I don’t care about the extra camera And it offered nothing else I was after. I have the money but I’m cheap like that:-)

I am very happy with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.