Calling EB IT Whizzes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Murderino

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:08 PM

I need a good program that can download text messages? I need them in PDF format for a legal matter.

Does anyone know of a good program?

#2 SeaPrincess

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

Will transcripts be sufficient as evidence? I would probably screenshot the messages, insert the images into a word document in sequence, then save as a PDF. That way you have the actual messages, not just the text transcripts.

#3 Dadto2

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostMurderino, on 14 August 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

I need a good program that can download text messages? I need them in PDF format for a legal matter.

Does anyone know of a good program?

Quite a few apps that do it, as far as I know, none that are free?

https://www.wideangl...ASAAEgK___D_BwE

#4 Claudia Jean

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostSeaPrincess, on 14 August 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Will transcripts be sufficient as evidence? I would probably screenshot the messages, insert the images into a word document in sequence, then save as a PDF. That way you have the actual messages, not just the text transcripts.
That is how I showed text messages in my affidavit annexures.

#5 Murderino

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

I wasn’t sure screenshots would be okay and am waiting on the lawyer to let me know.  I have the screenshots ready though so I’ll send it to the lawyer that way and see what they say.

Thanks.

#6 Chicken Pie

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

as per Sea Princess, the images to support the transcripts

#7 alchetta

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:30 PM

I think the screenshots will suffice. If the lawyers need to transcribe those, they probably have easier access to text reading software or someone to transcribe them.

#8 ~Kay~

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

I used SMS Backup Plus because I had too many to screen shot individually.

#9 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:36 PM

OP this is worth a read, even though it’s US specific.

https://nataliegregg...court-evidence/

The point about capturing dates and sender is important - you do not want to have to re do stuff like this at the last minute for a technicality.

Whether to screenshot or use a program is basically dependent on how many messages and what formats you’d like. Some softwares run on the PC, others on your phone.

#10 Murderino

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

Lawyer got back to me and screenshots are fine. There were also a few comments versatile so I have Laid it out in date order in a Word document that I can coupon ert to PDF.

It’s only about 8 and I’ve done the screenshot with the date/time sent visible.

I might take the recipient’s name out of my contacts and then re-take the screenshots so the phone number shows up at the top of screen not the name.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.