Fluffy thread- naming a female labradoodle

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Dolly

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

Seeking inspiration for my mother in law who is very excited about her new companion to be.

black female labradoodle.

Thanks!

#2 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

I feel this may be a perfect match for the "out there" names thread.

#3 Zippypeaks

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:37 PM

Ebony

#4 Pink Flamingo

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:30 AM

Pearl- as mentioned above one of my “out there” names
Sabine
Lucy
Luna
Penny
Sasha
Mollie
Gigi

#5 livelifelovehappy

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:58 PM

Kitty Deveau
Margaux Delacroit
Delphine Butron

#6 marple

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:12 PM

Oooo! I like luna .
Aurora

My IL's have a black female lab. Her name is Ebony. They call her Ebby most of the time. Super cute.

Edited by marple, 20 August 2019 - 04:23 PM.

#7 Threetwoone

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:04 PM

I like Pearl as pp said.

#8 onetrick

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:05 PM

My dog is Izzy, but I wanted to call her Rizzo and I feel like that works for any fluffy dog with a bit of personality (i didnt go through with it as my cousins got a dog the week before and called it Sandy... and then it would be like a grease reunion lol).
I also like the idea of searching the 'out there' names thread for ideas.

#9 gettin my fance on

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Coco / Cocoa

#10 *Spikey*

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

Puppy mill product.

Get your mum a pure bred poodle instead.

Otherwise Mutley, because she is a Mut.

#11 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

View Post*Spikey*, on 20 August 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Puppy mill product.

Shut up.

#12 wilding

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:55 PM

Jasper or Ivory were the first 2 that sprung to mind. Hope she enjoys her new bundle :wub:

#13 Cerridwen

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

View Post*Spikey*, on 20 August 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Puppy mill product.

But a very expensive mut.

#14 marple

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

View PostImperatorFuriosa, on 20 August 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

Shut up.

hehe succinct.

#15 kadoodle

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

Given I’m currently looking after an ex puppy mill b**ch; I’m very disappointed that people are still buying them.

Why a Labradoodle, OP? There are so many lovely dogs out there that aren’t subjected to puppy milling.

#16 LucyGoose

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:16 PM

Aww I came into read this thinking it would be fun and uplifting hearing all the cute dog names.

I love Rizzo and Luna.

#17 IamtheMumma

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

Winter, Frost or Zuri. They all mean white, which goes with my twisted sense of humour

#18 bikingbubs

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

Yes, lets just think about the cute and ignore the reality of weird crossbred puppy mill dogs.

#19 Dr Dolly

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

Hi Kaboodle,
She looked into dogs from the rspca, lost dogs and rehousing. Many of the dogs were large breeds / large breed mixed. I dare say really cute when puppies.

Long story short, she didn’t want a really large, young dog, or a really tiny terrier type, that seemed to be the options when looking. She is 5ft nothing, so I can understand her not wanting to retrain a large dog.

DH, and I looked online, too, but either, not what she was looking for, or already taken.

Then yesterday, got the update that she had organised the Labradoodle.

Apparently one of her neighbours used to train dogs for a living with one of the armed forces, so, on the upside, it will be trained well.

That said, I grew up with hienz 57 mutts, and would again in the future.

Edited by Dr Dolly, 20 August 2019 - 08:32 PM.

#20 Dr Dolly

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:36 PM

By the by, not sure of the point of sniping about the puppy mills. It’s a thread for naming a dog.

Feel free to start a new thread in venting about puppy mills versus having a free kick at someone who hasn’t and won’t buy from a puppy mill.

#21 Oriental lily

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Why didint she just get a purebred Labrador from a reputable ethical breeder ?

#22 kadoodle

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:49 PM

View PostDr Dolly, on 20 August 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

By the by, not sure of the point of sniping about the puppy mills. It’s a thread for naming a dog.

Feel free to start a new thread in venting about puppy mills versus having a free kick at someone who hasn’t and won’t buy from a puppy mill.

I’m not having a free kick. I’m at the coalface and weary of people’s deliberate ignorance.

#23 Dr Dolly

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

Hi Kaboodle, please accept my apologies. Without people like yourself, so many more dogs would suffer.

Long story short, for other posters, I haven’t purchased the puppy. I am not my mother in-law. I don’t know her specific thoughts, beliefs, her research or lack there of.

Who knew that a fluffy thread about naming a dog, would turn so prickly.

#24 Ellie bean

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:21 PM

I think ebony or Luna are lovely

I gave my parents all the links, research etc and they still bought a labradoodle, I was very blunt and rude about it but they didn’t listen and insist theirs is different and wasn’t a puppy mill, I just had to accept they weren’t going to listen, sometimes there’s nothing else you can do OP. I too am grateful for the work kadoodle and spiked and others do

#25 Ayr

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:07 AM

View PostDr Dolly, on 20 August 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

Who knew that a fluffy thread about naming a dog, would turn so prickly.

All threads discussing cross breeds especially "oodles" go the same way, with good reason. Regardless the point of the thread people will point out that it is the product of a BYB or puppy farm. It's a serious problem and people keep pouring thousands of dollars into them. Many people are understandably against it, myself included.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.