do you have foxtel iq4 is it cable or satelite

dont want to know why or should i get just which one you have

thanks

#2 BBC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Satellite

#3 purplekitty

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

IQ4 is only available via satellite as far as i know.

#4 Cherubs

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:40 PM

I would say all their new gear is Satellite,  the tech who set up my IQ3, told me NBN won’t be sharing cable with foxtel, so it will be all satellite once the superior internet is turned off.

#5 ~Nic~

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

Satellite.

#6 hills mum bec

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

Satellite.  We don't have cable internet available where we live.

#7 mayahlb

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

It's satellite, it connects to you internet via wifi or an Ethernet cable (for on demand services, purchasing of movies etc.), but it is satellite.

#8 annodam

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:31 AM

We have the NBN & Foxtel iQ4 & the Foxtel is via the Satellite dish on the roof.

Also, if you're renting make sure you ask permission from the Landlord first.  My friend got Foxtel installed in her rental & the Landlord got her to uninstall the dish (at her expense) when she vacated.
She had not taken up residence at the home when the dish went up as she wanted Foxtel hooked up the day she moved in, so wasn't aware the dish was part of that installation.

#9 Greatmum

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

how is the reception with satelite friends used to have satelite years ago and reception was bad is it better theses days?

We have IQ2 and hardly works they said only option is satelite.

How much did it cost to get dish installed. On their website it says you can self install but surely someone has to come out and do dish.

thanks

#10 Chocolate Addict

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

View PostGreatmum, on 23 August 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

how is the reception with satelite friends used to have satelite years ago and reception was bad is it better theses days?

thanks

We don't have iQ4 but do have satellite foxtel. We still have problems during bad weather, mostly heavy clouds we lose signal.

I am trying to work out what iQ4 does that regular doesn't. lol I do like the easy access to Netflix but not sure what else it offers.

#11 mayahlb

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

Bad weather interferes with the satellite signal (sooo great when you live in the tropics...). But if it’s connected to the internet you can download items from the on demand menu even if the satellite signal is out. At least I’ve managed to do that most of the time. I have no idea what the updates box does any differently except it’s new hardware and the firmware is more up to date and robust.

#12 Greatmum

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

does the recording and playback and series link etc all work the same that is what we have the most trouble with

#13 hills mum bec

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

We have had satellite foxtel for 10 years now.  We live in an area that is notorious for storms, lots of rain & windy conditions and I only recall having issues with the foxtel reception once.  We are more likely to lose power all together during a storm.

#14 Greatmum

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:57 PM

Is it right u can’t get free to air thru iq4?

We don’t have HD box so was going to upgrade to iq4 but not sure now ☹️

#15 hills mum bec

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:09 AM

We get free to air channels through our IQ4 but never been able to through the previous IQ versions.

#16 Soontobegran

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostGreatmum, on 07 September 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

Is it right u can’t get free to air thru iq4?

We don’t have HD box so was going to upgrade to iq4 but not sure now ☹️

We get all free to air and Foxtel through our IQ4

#17 #YKG

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

View Posthills mum bec, on 08 September 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

We get free to air channels through our IQ4 but never been able to through the previous IQ versions.

I’ve got iq2 and have all free to air channels.

#18 hills mum bec

Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

View Post#YKG, on 08 September 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

I’ve got iq2 and have all free to air channels.

We had them at our old house through FOXTEL when we had cable but when we moved to an area with satellite only we were told it wasn’t possible until now with the IQ4.

#19 #YKG

Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

View Posthills mum bec, on 08 September 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

We had them at our old house through FOXTEL when we had cable but when we moved to an area with satellite only we were told it wasn’t possible until now with the IQ4.

I have satellite and am sitting here watching the block that I recorded all week, the TV guide button brings up all channels including free to air, I’ve had Foxtel for last 7/8 years on satellite, never on cable and always had access to free to air.

#20 Greatmum

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:17 PM

#YKG can I ask where you are. Are u in a city?

Is anyone in sydney that  gets free to air through IQ4?  On satellite.

#21 annodam

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

We get free to air TV but I'm in metro Melbourne.
He do have a HD Smart TV though.

Why don't you call up Foxtel & ask?

#22 #YKG

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostGreatmum, on 08 September 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

#YKG can I ask where you are. Are u in a city?

Is anyone in sydney that  gets free to air through IQ4?  On satellite.

I’m in Melbourne I think I’m technically classified as outer northern suburbs.

#23 everly

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

We just upgraded to iq4. I find it harder to navigate than what we had previously- iq 2/3?? Everything looks completely different. I guess we’ll get used to it, but I honestly prefer  what we used to have. It was a lot more user friendly.

#24 Greatmum

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

So foxtel stuffed up. They rang our home phone yesterday to confirm the installation today. They rang at 4pm when everyone was at work said if u don’t ring by 5 we will cancel. When we called them back after 5 they said it’s too late we have cancelled I argued no they need to come today I have taken time off work they said bad luck no spots left. I argued we already had a spot so how could they now b none. While on the call to some one in the Phillipines someone rang from melb and said there was a spot call back to organise. So call back again they said no spots you can’t call melb they won’t give u the number. So frustrating.  Supposedly coming Monday now. More time off. Free installation and free month though.

#25 Greatmum

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

All installed now. So far so good. Wondering what the point of recording now is if u can stream and download.

How long do shows stay in there??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.