Reusable coffee cups

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Chee72

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Best reusable coffee cups? I’m after a cup that will retain heat and leak/spill proof. I work in a corporate law firm so something pretty would be a bonus.

#2 Staying Strange

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

DH and I both have Frank Green ones (https://frankgreen.com.au/ ). I haven't had any problems with mine. And they're a great shape and colours are customisable

#3 José

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

I really want a ‘to go tumbler by kinto.’ Bit exy though!

#4 EmmDasher

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

Frank Green Stainless Steel! Love mine. Don’t put the base in the dishwasher- the paint flakes off.

#5 Holly298

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

Keep cup glass - we’ve got 2 each , one for the office and one for home

#6 #YKG

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

I have one of these for work https://cottonon.com...1=Typo&start=12

Keeps heat amazingly well, exterior isn’t hot to touch which is good. I forgot my hot chocolate for 3 hours, was still hot Lol. Only down side, people keep thinking it’s a candle and asking what scent it is lol

#7 Hands Up

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:55 PM

The best one I’ve ever used is my target one. The little drinking hole clicks shut so if you stumble while walking etc there are no spills. $2 for the win. Comes in a range of colours.

#8 Reno-chic

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Frank Green stainless steel/ceramic. Keeps it warm for ages and has a fully closing lid so it doesn’t spill.

#9 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

https://www.hellogre...offee-cup-280ml

I quite like this one, keeps the coffee hot and the lid closes to prevent spills even when dropped. Downside is that it’s a bit fiddly to clean and if they are overfilled (above the internal line) coffee goes everywhere when you try to put the lid on.

#10 AprilEthereal

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:06 PM

I love mine. I have no idea what the brand is. DS1 bought it for me from the Mother's day stall back in 2013. I use it every day and it works a treat. It's purple and white and says 'Mum's drink'.

#11 mocha444

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

I have a stainless steel one from Nespresso. It’s surprisingly amazing 🙌🏻 Keeps my coffee hot for literally hours (like it’ll still be drinkable in the afternoon), is leak-proof (though I do try to keep it upright as I have had the occasional rare leak) and is enjoyable to drink from. It’s also quite a stylish design and cool to touch on the outside when filled. It does say they’re not dishwasher safe but I put mine on the top rack all the time and have had it for years and it is still perfect. They’re so sturdy too - I’ve dropped them and take them everywhere with me and they show no signs of wear.

I personally don’t enjoy drinking from the Original Keep Cups - something about the type of plastic and shape of the drinking hole. The glass ones are better but still not ideal for me and not as practical. I also find they leak more easily and dislike how the coffee gets caught up in the lid.

Frank Green are ok but I don’t like the drinking experience as much because the old ones are made of plastic. I think they’re a bit harder to clean too. The newer ceramic/stainless steel one is a better drinking experience but it does tend to retain aromas so you’re best off having a separate one for tea vs coffee.

Edited by mocha444, 22 August 2019 - 10:51 PM.

#12 overlytired

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:41 AM

I love my Contigo mug https://www.gocontig...-clean-lid.html, which I normally use for coffee or tea (boiling water from the kettle at 7:30am, still warm after lunch). It works very well for keeping drinks cold as well (ice still frozen 6+ hours later when when outdoor temps neared 40C).

#13 BornToLove

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:08 AM

View Post#YKG, on 22 August 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

I have one of these for work https://cottonon.com...1=Typo&start=12

I have a similar style for use at work and quite like it. Mine was a gift, but have been wanting to get a second one for when I take DD to weekend sport.

#14 iwanttosleepin

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:12 AM

I second the Nespresso one.  I drink iced coffee and the leftover ice is often still there in the afternoon .  Totally leakproof.  You can put it in your bag.  And lovely to drink out of. I wash the lid  in the dishwasher but never wash anything double walled in the dishwasher.

Mine is a few years old now and used every day

#15 notsonewone

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:29 AM

Pottery for the Planet. Best cups.

#16 Renovators delight

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:29 AM

The double wall glass keep cups are great. https://au.keepcup.c...&lid=BK&plug=CR

#17 nom_de_plume

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:41 AM

I like the glass Keep Cups best. They don’t keep your coffee warm for ages though (Side note: who waits to drink theirs anyhow?). I imagine a thermos would be better for that.

#18 EmmDasher

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:19 AM

View Postnom_de_plume, on 23 August 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

I like the glass Keep Cups best. They don’t keep your coffee warm for ages though (Side note: who waits to drink theirs anyhow?). I imagine a thermos would be better for that.

DH makes mine before he leaves for work and I drink mine progressively over the school run and morning activities and on to work (long black). He makes it around 7:15 and I finish it around 9 and it’s still hot. A thermos would be overkill. I want it hot for an hour or two but not so scalding I can’t drink it til mid morning.

To be honest, I’d use a thermal cup even if I was drinking instantaneously. I find most cafes make cafe so lukewarm that it’s a bit dank at the first sip. I like to preserve every skerrick of warmth so that I’m not drinking a could beverage 5 mins later at my desk. I’m one of those horrible coffee drinkers that asks for extra hot though.

Edited by EmmDasher, 23 August 2019 - 08:25 AM.

#19 nom_de_plume

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostEmmDasher, on 23 August 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

DH makes mine before he leaves for work and I drink mine progressively over the school run and morning activities and on to work (long black). He makes it around 7:15 and I finish it around 9 and it’s still hot. A thermos would be overkill. I want it hot for an hour or two but not so scalding I can’t drink it til mid morning.

To be honest, I’d use a thermal cup even if I was drinking instantaneously. I find most cafes make cafe so lukewarm that it’s a bit dank at the first sip. I like to preserve every skerrick of warmth so that I’m not drinking a could beverage 5 mins later at my desk. I’m one of those horrible coffee drinkers that asks for extra hot though.

I also drink a long black but I’m the opposite to you. I make my coffee at home and have finished it by 15mins into my commute. I hate it when cafes make it too hot.

#20 Lorem ipsum

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

To those that have then frank green ceramic/stainless steel how long would you say that the coffee stays hot? A couple of hours?

#21 EmmDasher

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostLorem ipsum, on 23 August 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

To those that have then frank green ceramic/stainless steel how long would you say that the coffee stays hot? A couple of hours?

1.5-2hrs. You’ll get longer if you pre-warm the cup with some hot water.

#22 Wonderstruck

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

I also have a frank green stainless steel. I like my coffee to stay hot and want something leakproof. I have cleaning the lid but have not get found anything that is a good

#23 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

View PostRenovators delight, on 23 August 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

The double wall glass keep cups are great. https://au.keepcup.c...&lid=BK&plug=CR
Are they spill proof? I have the standard Keep Cup. Tried to drink from it with the spout closed once :D it spilled all down my front. Leaked through the join. Lucky I had just finished work for the day!

#24 just roses

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

Frank Green.

I make my coffee in the morning and throw it in my laptop case or handbag for the drive to work. That's how confident I am that it doesn't leak.

#25 Sentient Puddle

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 22 August 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

https://www.hellogre...offee-cup-280ml

I quite like this one, keeps the coffee hot and the lid closes to prevent spills even when dropped. Downside is that it’s a bit fiddly to clean and if they are overfilled (above the internal line) coffee goes everywhere when you try to put the lid on.

I just got one of these today in a bigger size to take a bigger cup of coffee.  I have a thermocafe - never had been impressed - but my glass $4 cheapie kept the heat much better but smashed unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.