OMG - The Mandela Effect

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 marple

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

My first ever experience!!
Did anyone else watch the Chaser tonight?
The question was the name of a popular song starting with "Electric". I shouted out "Boogaloo"  . So did the Chaser guy on the TV! It turns out to be Electric Avenue!

I googled and that is right!!!
Completely dumbstruck. I would have sworn it was Electric Boogaloo.

This is more shocking to me than the Berenstein/Berenstain books.
WTAF!

#2 Nasty Poobah

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:55 PM

There's a song called Electric Boogaloo and another one called Electric Avenue. So you're right.

FWIW I would have said Electric Avenue. Mostly because it's near where I used to live in London -- it was a very persistent earworm. ..

#3 marple

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

NO but when I played Electric Avenue on youtube it was what I thought was Electric Boogaloo. Why did the Chaser shark dude and I think the same thing?

Edited by marple, 26 August 2019 - 06:59 PM.

#4 marple

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

I also was really sure it was the Berenstein Bears but I had that wrong too apparently!!!

#5 Froyo

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:24 PM

Electric Boogaloo was the tagline from the movie Breakin' 2. The song is definitely Electric Avenue.

#6 marple

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

DH just walked in and I asked him and he said Electric Boogaloo as well. Freaky. Never seen the film.Never heard of the film . So strange.

#7 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

View PostNasty Poobah, on 26 August 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

There's a song called Electric Boogaloo and another one called Electric Avenue. So you're right.

FWIW I would have said Electric Avenue. Mostly because it's near where I used to live in London -- it was a very persistent earworm. ..

Love that song, didnt realise it was an actual place.

Theres also 80s songs called electric youth, electric blue and electric dreams.  Guess it was the era of electro...

Edited by WannabeMasterchef, 26 August 2019 - 09:19 PM.

#8 Noodlez

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Maybe not the same thing but is it incy wincey spider or itsy bitsy spider?

#9 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:12 PM

View PostNoodlez, on 26 August 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

incy wincy spider

#10 Odd-1-Out

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

incy wincy spider for me

#11 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:22 PM

incy wincy for me too...but i think Carly Simon did sing “itsy bitsy” when she did the song for the movie Heartburn....

#12 Fizgig

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

View PostNoodlez, on 26 August 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Itsy Bitsy is the American version, Incy Wincy for “English” countries.

#13 Nasty Poobah

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostWannabeMasterchef, on 26 August 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

Love that song, didnt realise it was an actual place.

Theres also 80s songs called electric youth, electric blue and electric dreams.  Guess it was the era of electro...

It's in Brixton in London -- I believe it's the first (or one of the first) streets to have electric lighting.

#14 Lady Monteagle

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

only after having my own child did i figure out the connection between Incy Wincy and Eensy Weensy.  

i am Team Boogaloo.

But I had to google "Mandela Effect" so maybe I'm just thick...

#15 Mrs Claus

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

Never in my life have I heard ‘electric boogaloo’...

#16 CallMeFeral

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostMrs Claus, on 27 August 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

Never in my life have I heard ‘electric boogaloo’...

Ditto.

I wonder if Americans were influenced by the itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini.

#17 BeAwesome

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:04 AM

I've head of Electric Boogaloo as a mock stand in for movie sequel titles: i.e., Fast and the Furious: Electric Boogaloo, etc.

I didn't realise it was a song.  I haven't heard of Electric Avenue.

#18 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostBeAwesome, on 27 August 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

I've head of Electric Boogaloo as a mock stand in for movie sequel titles: i.e., Fast and the Furious: Electric Boogaloo, etc.

https://www.youtube....h?v=vtPk5IUbdH0

Fixed that for you.

#19 notsoretro

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

Electric Avenue, I've not long returned his 7inch single to my ex. Eddy Graaaant mon

#20 Chelli

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

I now have the Electric Avenue song stuck in my head!

#21 Froyo

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

View PostBeAwesome, on 27 August 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Electric Boogaloo isn't a song. It was the tagline of the sequel to an 80s movie.

#22 Sancti-claws

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Ooooh, we going to rock down to....

I am from camp dilemna, if that is any help to you...

#23 Gumbette

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:15 PM

View Postmarple, on 26 August 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

DH just walked in and I asked him and he said Electric Boogaloo as well. Freaky. Never seen the film.Never heard of the film . So strange.

Ummm, what’s an Electric Boogaloo?

Edited by Gumbette, 27 August 2019 - 11:16 PM.

#24 Fahrook

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

Gumbette, on 27 August 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

Ummm, what’s an Electric Boogaloo?

From the movie Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo which was a sequal to Breakdance, an 80's movie about break dancing.  I assume that electric boogaloo is a description of the dance moves.

#25 BeAwesome

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:46 PM

Must have been a song I didn't know by title, listening to it, I know I've heard it before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.