Implanon removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daffy2016

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

I had my implant removed about four weeks ago ahead of ttc no 2. I had some light bleeding after it came out for a few days then all clear.

I’m on day 21 of my cycle and have had cramps yesterday and today, and started bleeding bright red today. It’s come on pretty quickly and not like my normal periods.

Does anyone have experience with this? The cramps are also pretty bad but more around my whole stomach than just in my pelvis like they normally are.

#2 Navy Blue

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

Not implanon, but I was on Depo shots for a couple of years after DS4 and the same thing happened to me. My cycle soon went back to its normal 31 days but I still get the same whole stomach cramps (think I'm sick at first) then bright red bleeding. I haven't tried to conceive since though as my husband has had a vasectomy.

Could you try an ovulation kit to see where you're at on your next cycle?

#3 Daffy2016

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:16 PM

Thanks navy blue, it does sound similar. I think I will try a kit - almost 100 per cent certain I didn’t ovulate with this one.

#4 laridae

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Yep, my first period after implanting was awful. Cramps, really heavy bleeding. Lucky I only had one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.