The Testaments by Margaret Attwood

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostKiwi Bicycle, on 15 October 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

And guess what! It was just awarded joint Booker prize. Big controversy as the rules states only one winner but the judges did a sit in and overruled the organisers.
I don't think this book deserved it.

wow, cant imagine this book deserving "best novel of the year". Was it a really bad year for novels??  It was good, but not great.

its inspired me to read the rest of the short listed novels though.

#27 PaulaHall

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

Agree, i was surprised to see it had been nominated, and even more so that it won

#28 Riotproof

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:06 PM

I just finished listening to the audiobook and I quite liked it. So good having Anne Dowd narrate as Aunt Lydia.

#29 76 others

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:08 AM

I just finished this and it was ok-ish. It was definitely not as good as Handmaid's Tale. And she made aunt Lydia too nice. I know it isn't supposed to be exactly a follow on fro  the TV show, although so much has been used from that that wasn't in the original book, but I wanted to see Aunt Lydia cop it and have no redemption.

This just didn't hit the mark for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.