How likely am I pregnant?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wewantnumber3

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

DH and I have two children. We were going to try for a third a few years ago but things changed and we didn’t proceed.
Fast forward to now.... Im late for my period (I think, I’m not super regular and don’t always track), sore breast for last two weeks (feel like rocks and sore to sleep) and nausea last two days that I actually thought I had gastro today.
I’ve taken a pregnancy test this afternoon and instantly came up with a super dark blue positive line. I’m fairly dehydrated at the moment- so you think this could be impacting the results and giving a false positive?

#2 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:38 PM

You are pregnant. You can’t get a positive without the hormone being present, and the hormone means you are pregnant.

#3 Astrocyte

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

The pregnancy test detects the presence of a pregnancy hormone. So if it comes up positive that is because the hormone is present in your urine. Being dehydrated or extra hydrated has nothing to do with the test.

Edited to take out comment that was unnecessarily mean. Sorry OP. I do hope you’re okay!!

Edited by Astrocyte, 10 September 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#4 literally nobody

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:05 PM

You are definitely pregnant. Being dehydrated doesn’t produce hcg. congratulations.

#5 Ellie bean

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostAstrocyte, on 10 September 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

How do adult women not know this!!
Same way some adult women apparently don’t know how to be tactful!
Hope you’re ok OP

#6 Arabella_Stuart_4

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

100% pregnant

#7 ckmelb

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

Congrats OP :)

#8 wewantnumber3

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for your replies. I took another test- positive 3+ weeks since conception. Dh and I are surprised but happy for number 3. Will need to organise a go appointment to arrange a scan for dates as I’m not sure how far along I am.

#9 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

Congratulations on your pregnancy OP!

#10 Lallalla

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

Congratulations! I am glad it is a happy surprise! Bit of a shock I am sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.