Best theme park in the world?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 bubskitkat

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

What theme park do you believe is the best theme park in the world to visit?

#2 seayork2002

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:53 PM

Blackpool

#3 bubskitkat

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

Europa-Park park wins for me. It’s in Rust Germany.

We went over Christmas time and it had Christmas markets with snow all around. Rides were still operational and so much to do and see.

Later on at night they had fire pits to warm your self up by.

Best roller coaster was called Arthur and we went on it many many times.

If I could go back there I would but I would do this over a couple of days not just one.

#4 night jasmine

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

Haven’t been to enough to make a call.

Best one I’ve been to is Hong Kong Disneyland, our kids were at the right ages for the rides and it was big enough to do in a day but not so big that we felt we missed out on anything.

I’m looking forward to Tivoli Gardens in Denmark.

#5 Lunafreya

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Wonderland :(

#6 seayork2002

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostLunafreya, on 19 September 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Wonderland :(

I was going to say that, when my siblings and I went to LA Disneyland we all agreed Wonderland was our favourite

#7 aquarium2

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:56 PM

https://en.wikipedia...t_park_rankings

this is fascinating!

I love Alton Towers in the UK.

#8 seayork2002

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

View Postaquarium2, on 19 September 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

https://en.wikipedia...t_park_rankings

this is fascinating!

I love Alton Towers in the UK.

I lived not from from Alton Towers but have never been, maybe when we go back for a visit

#9 FiveAus

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

View Postnight jasmine, on 19 September 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Haven’t been to enough to make a call.

Best one I’ve been to is Hong Kong Disneyland, our kids were at the right ages for the rides and it was big enough to do in a day but not so big that we felt we missed out on anything.

I’m looking forward to Tivoli Gardens in Denmark.

I'm going to Tivoli Gardens next March. I've picked that exact place to celebrate a big birthday.

#10 eachschoolholidays

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:06 PM

We’ve been to most of the “big” parks, apart from the ones in Orlando.
Our favourite has been Disneyland followed by Tokyo Disneyland

#11 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

The Lost World of Tambun in Ipoh.   Water slides and hot pools.  So good.

#12 lizzzard

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

My pick is Tibidabo in Barcelona. It’s at the top of a mountain and has beautiful views. The queues were short and the kids loved the rides.

#13 Oriental lily

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Any theme park that you are visiting without kids lol .

#14 night jasmine

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

I’ve only ever been to a theme park as a child or with the kids. There’s no way I’d go otherwise.

#15 Jasperaliyana2729

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:09 PM

Didn't like Disneyland in USA!

Knots berry farm was fun

#16 DM. 2012

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

I haven’t been to many but I loved Legoland, we also stayed at the hotel for a night.  They have a disco elevator!

#17 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

I haven’t been to many, but Tivoli gardens in Copenhagen was fabulous. We went in spring and the gardens alone were beautiful. We only went on rides suitable for a 2 year old :lol:

#18 Charli73

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:07 AM

View PostDM. 2012, on 26 September 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

I haven’t been to many but I loved Legoland, we also stayed at the hotel for a night.  They have a disco elevator!

I was disappointed by the actual park and hotel but the elevator was fun, we went to the one in Malaysia.

#19 AliasMater

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:19 AM

I have been to quite a few.

Favourite would have to be DisneySea in Tokyo.

I loved Universal Studios in California. It was way better than the one in Florida. We absolutely hated Universal in Osaka.

Disneyland in California I found to be a bore. The second time I went (was included in a tour) some of us walked out and went shopping instead. Disneyworld in Orlando however (all parks as a collective - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, the water parks etc) is phenominal. Just amazing.

There was a rollercoaster park I went to in Ohio. The name escapes me but it was really really good.

We have done some parks in the UK but they don't really rate a mention, nor do any that we have here. Our parks are tired looking and ordinary. On any one day you go and at least a few rides aren't even running. What must international visitors think.

#20 frazzle

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:44 AM

We took the kids to LA Disneyland two years ago - it was crazy and I was a bit overwhelmed. California Park however .... we LIVED there for close to three days, especially A Bugs Life and Cars. Nothing more magic than listening to "Life could be a dream" as the lights come on at twilight in the actual street from the movie.
Recently visited Gold Coast theme parks - never again. We've been spoilt. We SHOULD be ashamed, they are really not good. And the way they treat kids with a disability here is appalling compared to Disney.

#21 Claudia Jean

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

View Postbubskitkat, on 19 September 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

Europa-Park park wins for me. It’s in Rust Germany.

Have you been to EuroDisney? Trying to decide between these two for our trip and not sure which one would suit us better...

#22 eachschoolholidays

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

My kids loved Eurodisney and would happily return

#23 Lunafreya

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

They have one of those at Bondi Junction

#24 Fossy

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:44 PM

Us too! We stayed 2 nights in Malaysia, we had the best time. The hotel was amazing, such a wonderful emmersive experience. We loved the restaurants with the Lego themed food. The kids loved all the rides and displays, and the water park was so fun. We got an air conditioned cabana to escape the heat. They still talk about it! We are going to the one in La next year, they’ll be so excited!

#25 bubskitkat

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

View PostClaudia Jean, on 27 September 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Have you been to EuroDisney? Trying to decide between these two for our trip and not sure which one would suit us better...

I’ve been to Disneyland Paris and Disneyland in California. I preferred Europa-Park. Disneyland Paris is right next to a movie world place which we also went to. Neither park would disappoint.

I’m trying to find a theme park in Amsterdam hence this question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.