Food advent calendars

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 kimasa

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:06 PM

Not the chocolate ones, we all know about those, but ones aimed at grown ups.

I missed out on the Aldi wine advent calendar last year, sold out at all the stores near me.

Apparently Aldi in the UK did a cheese calendar last year, I hope that idea makes it here.

Anyone know of any others?

#2 JBH

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:07 PM

I got the Gintonica gin one last year. It was expensive - but it lasted all through January!

#3 born.a.girl

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

There was a beer and cider one a few years ago that was good.  Daughter got it for her Dad for father's day so presumably it's already available.

#4 MarigoldMadge

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

There’s a Pringle’s one, coffee, gin, tea, whisky, jam, flavoured pork crackling, jerky, beer......

#5 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:13 PM

Didn’t T2 do a tea one? I’d like that, must remember to look for it.

#6 JK4

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

Koko Black did one last year, I was given it and it was so good....I have decided to buy myself in this year it was that good!
ETA, sorry just re read post & you didn’t want chocolate

Edited by JK4, 19 September 2019 - 06:41 PM.

#7 red_squirrel

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

View Postkimasa, on 19 September 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

I missed out on the Aldi wine advent calendar last year, sold out at all the stores near me.

Apparently Aldi in the UK did a cheese calendar last year, I hope that idea makes it here.

Cheese? Oh my.

Do you remember when they came out? I’m guessing start or mid October and don’t want to miss out.

ETA. Just saw you said UK. Maybe this year here.

Edited by red_squirrel, 19 September 2019 - 06:54 PM.

#8 rosie28

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:20 PM

I’ve had a T2 one that was good. Before they made them my husband used to buy stuff from there and make up one for me.

#9 spr_maiden

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

Oooohhhhh

*skipping off to google gintonica advent*

#10 humphreybear

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

Another gin advent option

https://whitepossum....ar-2019-edition

They also do a whiskey version

#11 spr_maiden

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

This is why I love EB.

#12 red_squirrel

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:17 PM

View Postkimasa, on 19 September 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

Aldi will be having both the wine and the cheese one from November 6 apparently.
Yippee.

Do you remember roughly how much the wine one was? I guess the cheese one will be the cheaper of the two.

Edited by red_squirrel, 04 October 2019 - 05:37 PM.

#13 kimasa

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

Yesssss! I'm so buying both.

I can't remember the price of the wine one though.

#14 barrington

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

We bought the de bortoli wine advent calendar last year and loved it.

#15 kimasa

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

ATTENTION EVERYONE WOOLWORTHS HAVE ANNOUNCED A $16 CHEESE ADVENT CALENDAR

#16 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:23 AM

Boozebud has been popping up in my FB feed to beer and cider acvent calanders for this year.

#17 born.a.girl

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:26 AM

When are you supposed to give these things?

The cider one worked for us because we gave it for father's day.

I can imagine them also working if you've got a birthday in December.

Or do you just scoff the stuff yourself on the appropriate day.

#18 red_squirrel

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:37 AM

View Postkimasa, on 03 November 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

ATTENTION EVERYONE WOOLWORTHS HAVE ANNOUNCED A $16 CHEESE ADVENT CALENDAR

I’m still aiming to get the Aldi one this week but will get this one if I miss out.

Howdoes the cheese one work? Do you need to keep it in the fridge?

#19 BornToLove

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 03 November 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

When are you supposed to give these things?

The cider one worked for us because we gave it for father's day.

I can imagine them also working if you've got a birthday in December.

Or do you just scoff the stuff yourself on the appropriate day.

We have an informal Christmas party get with friends in late November/early December. Part of the party is a secret Santa and someone usually gives an adult advent calendar (budget is a bit higher than the usual $10 gift).

I also have friends who give gifts between their family at the start of December, usually when they bring out the decorations. It started out as some new holiday pjs for the kids, but they now include fancy advents (lego, body shop, beer etc)

#20 Crombek

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

I’ve ordered a gin one. I’m not ‘giving’ it to anyone 😂. December will be fun!

#21 IamtheMumma

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

We don't get Aldi alcohol here is backwards QLD :(

#22 zenkitty

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:09 PM

We got the beer one a couple of years ago. Not big drinkers, but my partner loved opening up a new beer each day and lining them up in the fridge 😂 The beer itself lasted well into January. I considered a gin one this year but just couldn’t justify the price.

I got the T2 one last year which was a great way to try a new tea each day. This year we have a Bonne Maman jam one, which is adorable with all the tiny jars but we will really need to increase our toast consumption to use them up!

We just buy one for ourselves each year because we are big children, no other gift giving reason required in my book.

#23 Crombek

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:35 PM

View PostIamtheMumma, on 03 November 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

We don't get Aldi alcohol here is backwards QLD :(

There’s a lot online! I got mine through gintonica, beer bud do beer & cider too.

#24 eachschoolholidays

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

I saw a cheese one today at woolworths.  It was only 12 days though.

#25 MooGuru

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

This is a very very dangerous thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.