Food advent calendars

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#51 DirtyStreetPie

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostMarigoldMadge, on 05 November 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Oh wow, thank you so much!!

I've ordered. It's weird, though: I still can't see a way to enter the shop (the shopping cart icon leads to an order page, and the 'resume shopping' link takes you back to the AF home page, and the Bonne Maman product page contains no description at all, and I don't know how I will receive the calendar.

It's all very mysterious, but I don't care! I'm closer to getting one of those calendars than I was ten minutes ago!

#52 IamtheMumma

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

I found that link yesterday but its so devoid of any information that I wasn't sure about it. Did anyone see anything about shipping or postage?

#53 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

No, complete mystery! I better just order one before you girls get the lot! :lol:

#54 MooGuru

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

View PostFuzzyChocolateToes, on 05 November 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

No, complete mystery! I better just order one before you girls get the lot! :lol:

I'm imagining some IT guy sitting there going "um boss? So remember how I had to put up that dummy link and called it the marmalade advent calendar?"
"Yeah."
"We've sold 50 of them."

#55 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

I've had a lot to do with Allianz over the years - I'm imagining the above in a French accent, and a sacre bleu/mon Dieu thrown in for good measure.

:laugh:

#56 seayork2002

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:19 AM

My dad is on standby to get me the Aldi wine one when it comes out, I love Aldi but we don't have one close enough to get it on the day (I am not that desperate for it but I have a feeling they will be sold out quickly)

#57 MarciaB

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

Not food - but I received on from L'Occitane as a gift last year and I have used everything!

I bought another this year for my Mum and also got the gift with purchase for spending more than $65.

The little samples are fantastic for travelling.

https://au.loccitane...128,1424197.htm

#58 JBH

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

A friend of mine works at a DV shelter, and they just had a woman come in and donate lots of advent calendars - Lego, Harry Potter, POP Vinyl, L’Occitane, Clinique, chocolate - enough for every child and woman in the place. I just about burst into tears. Such a lovely thing to do.

#59 StoneFoxArrow

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostDirtyStreetPie, on 05 November 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Oh wow, thank you so much!!

I've ordered. It's weird, though: I still can't see a way to enter the shop (the shopping cart icon leads to an order page, and the 'resume shopping' link takes you back to the AF home page, and the Bonne Maman product page contains no description at all, and I don't know how I will receive the calendar.

It's all very mysterious, but I don't care! I'm closer to getting one of those calendars than I was ten minutes ago!

Feel free to update us once you have some idea of how you'll get it. Hopefully (if they actually have the calendars) they'll contact you to organise postage or something.

I'd really like to get one to go with my T2 calendar, but I'm not sure if I can justify it...

#60 raspberry sherbert

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:23 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 06 November 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

My dad is on standby to get me the Aldi wine one when it comes out, I love Aldi but we don't have one close enough to get it on the day (I am not that desperate for it but I have a feeling they will be sold out quickly)

I got a catalogue yesterday that has these starting on Wednesday 13th Nov. They also have 2 different beer packs. Gin pack 12x 50ml, Christmas crackers with 6x 50ml with gin and 6 packs of either vodka or gin in a Christmas bauble

#61 Chocolate Addict

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

oooh I hope that place does deliver the jam calendars. I am on the wait list.

Guess I will be heading to Aldi next Wednesday, at least the one with me is  a bit out of the way for most so they should have some. :)

#62 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostMarigoldMadge, on 05 November 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

I've had a lot to do with Allianz over the years - I'm imagining the above in a French accent, and a sacre bleu/mon Dieu thrown in for good measure.

:laugh:
In that case perhaps you can phone them and ask, in French, what the deal is? :) No reply to my enquiry email yet.

#63 james_c

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:16 AM

I'm actually at the Alliance Française tomorrow morning, I will ask the reception and update you. I assume it won't be shipped, the description on the Bonne Maman website says it weights 5 kg! They would charge for shipping at the check-out.
If some people are really keen and they don't ship, I could pick up and ship to them. It would probably cost around $10 I assume.

#64 james_c

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

Actually it's not that heavy, more around 1kg, so easier to ship if needed.

#65 StoneFoxArrow

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:02 AM

View Postjames_c, on 07 November 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

I'm actually at the Alliance Française tomorrow morning, I will ask the reception and update you. I assume it won't be shipped, the description on the Bonne Maman website says it weights 5 kg! They would charge for shipping at the check-out.
If some people are really keen and they don't ship, I could pick up and ship to them. It would probably cost around $10 I assume.

That would be AMAZING! I'd really like one but wanted to know about shipping first. I'll PM you?

#66 james_c

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostStoneFoxArrow, on 07 November 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

That would be AMAZING! I'd really like one but wanted to know about shipping first. I'll PM you?

Let me PM you, it will probably end in my DP email if you do (we share the Fairfax login for complicated reasons) and he will start to wonder what kind of jam trafficking I'm up to! And the calendar is for him...

#67 Lou-bags

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

View PostJBH, on 06 November 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

A friend of mine works at a DV shelter, and they just had a woman come in and donate lots of advent calendars - Lego, Harry Potter, POP Vinyl, L’Occitane, Clinique, chocolate - enough for every child and woman in the place. I just about burst into tears. Such a lovely thing to do.

Now THAT is the spirit of Christmas. Tearing up just reading that.

#68 Riotproof

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 05 November 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

I just bought the woollies cheese one, looking forward to it but may wait till 01/12

Of course.

#69 james_c

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

Sorry guys, the alliance française is a bust for the jam calendar, old link and a technical error, they don’t have them, people who paid will be reimbursed.
So disappointed...

Edited by james_c, 08 November 2019 - 10:27 AM.

#70 StoneFoxArrow

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

View Postjames_c, on 08 November 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Sorry guys, the alliance française is a bust for the jam calendar, old link and a technical error, they don’t have them, people who paid will be reimbursed.
So disappointed...

I was a bit worried that might end up being the case. Sad.
Hopefully France at home get more in stock!

#71 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

Aw, disappointed. :( Thanks for sorting it out though!

#72 kimasa

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

I bought the T2 calendar today. I missed out on the Woolworths cheese one and I'm trying to figure out how to get to Aldi on Wednesday and it's just not happening, I don't work near one and the only ones I drive past won't be open yet.

I felt like such an idiot in the store though. They have two types and I spent ages scouring the backs of them trying to find the difference but they seemed to have the same teas just in a different order.

Then one of the staff pointed out to me that the difference is very obviously stated on the front of the box. Loose leaf or teabags.

#73 Riotproof

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

They have too many of everything. It is designed to be confusing.

#74 seayork2002

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

View Postkimasa, on 08 November 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

I bought the T2 calendar today. I missed out on the Woolworths cheese one and I'm trying to figure out how to get to Aldi on Wednesday and it's just not happening, I don't work near one and the only ones I drive past won't be open yet.

I felt like such an idiot in the store though. They have two types and I spent ages scouring the backs of them trying to find the difference but they seemed to have the same teas just in a different order.

Then one of the staff pointed out to me that the difference is very obviously stated on the front of the box. Loose leaf or teabags.

Sadly you are not missing much on the cheese one (woolies) it is only 2x6 cheeses

I still want to open it but thought it would more variety of tiny ones

#75 born.a.girl

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:51 PM

View Postkimasa, on 08 November 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Don't worry, we've all done our share of that.

One day my very intelligent sister looked at the tops of my salt and pepper shakers and said 'how are you supposed to know which is which?'.  She said that they were supposed to have different sized holes so you could tell.  What she'd missed was that they were made of glass.   She was going through a pretty bad time.

Going to get one of those tomorrow for my tea addict niece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.