Jump to content

Trinny of London makeup


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mortificado

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

Has anyone used Trinny’s products? I love her philosophy that using smaller amounts of good quality products where you need coverage gives a better finish than a full wash of foundation.

The prices are more than I’d normally spend so looking for feedback and recommendations for similar products

I admit that I’m a big fan of hers in general so may just be a bit star struck and vulnerable to a savvy salesman pitch

https://trinnylondon.com/uk/

#2 Daffy2016

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

I haven’t heard of them but they look really nice! Are they available in australia?

#3 Mortificado

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

Daffy, as far as I can tell we can order from the UK but there are no stores here

#4 Burro

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

 Mortificado, on 22 September 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Has anyone used Trinny’s products? I love her philosophy that using smaller amounts of good quality products where you need coverage gives a better finish than a full wash of foundation.

The prices are more than I’d normally spend so looking for feedback and recommendations for similar products

I admit that I’m a big fan of hers in general so may just be a bit star struck and vulnerable to a savvy salesman pitch

https://trinnylondon.com/uk/

And yet her approach to lip fillers is more is more.

It’s a sales pitch. Someone’s approached her and she’s agreed to market the cosmetics because she resonates with a particular demographic. The price gives the illusion of quality. What does she know about chemistry?

#5 Jenflea

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

I'd try them if they had testers here, but no way would I buy and pay the postage without trying.

And there's not a huge range in colours that's for sure.

#6 kimasa

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

I can't imagine seeing Trinny Woodall and thinking "Ahh yes, someone whose advice I definitely want to take, we're talking quality here! Sundresses over jeans to job interviews quality!".

#7 Jenflea

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Annnd I open FB on my phone and guess which is the first sponsored ad I see??

I didn't even use EB on my phone but it KNOWS, it knows!

#8 Crazy4

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

 Burro, on 22 September 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:



And yet her approach to lip fillers is more is more.

It’s a sales pitch. Someone’s approached her and she’s agreed to market the cosmetics because she resonates with a particular demographic. The price gives the illusion of quality. What does she know about chemistry?

Actually if you look at photos of her from 20 years ago before the lip filler craze, she has always had largish lips.

I like her too OP, I don’t own any of her make up because I don’t want to pay the postage but a few British friends have and they love it. The bff eye is the one I’m most tempted by.

#9 Burro

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

 Crazy4, on 22 September 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:



Actually if you look at photos of her from 20 years ago before the lip filler craze, she has always had largish lips.

I like her too OP, I don’t own any of her make up because I don’t want to pay the postage but a few British friends have and they love it. The bff eye is the one I’m most tempted by.

Actually, on closer inspection it looks like she’s had her whole face puffed and frozen.

#10 Crazy4

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:50 AM

 Burro, on 23 September 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:



Actually, on closer inspection it looks like she’s had her whole face puffed and frozen.

She’s actually very open about her use of Botox as well as having laser procedures done etc but hey let’s just criticise her appearance rather than talk about her achievements because that’s what we do to woman.

#11 seayork2002

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

 Crazy4, on 23 September 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

She’s actually very open about her use of Botox as well as having laser procedures done etc but hey let’s just criticise her appearance rather than talk about her achievements because that’s what we do to woman.

I clicked on this thread by accident, I don't wear make up but if I did then yes critiscing someone who is giving advice to women about accepting who they and also giving advice on make up/beauty who has plastic surgery/fillers or whatever else yes is a lot different than commenting on random women walking down the street

#12 Jenflea

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

Honestly i don't think she looks that bad in the images I see on Google.

#13 Burro

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:25 AM

 Crazy4, on 23 September 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:



She’s actually very open about her use of Botox as well as having laser procedures done etc but hey let’s just criticise her appearance rather than talk about her achievements because that’s what we do to woman.

My comment on her heavy use of injectables was in response to the op saying ‘I love her philosophy that using smaller amounts of good quality products where you need coverage gives a better finish than a full wash of foundation.’

It seems hypocritical to criticise a ‘full wash of foundation’ when you’re wearing a full face of injectables. But then whatever she’s said about the make up is likely written by a team of marketers and copywriters rather than a quote from her philosophy journal. Hence the inconsistency.

If I was going to criticise her it would probably be for dating Charles saachi who strangled nigella Lawson.

Edited by Burro, 23 September 2019 - 11:49 AM.


#14 Burro

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:50 AM

 Jenflea, on 23 September 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Honestly i don't think she looks that bad in the images I see on Google.

She looks good. But not natural.

#15 wallofdodo

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:25 AM

FYI, she is in Sydney at the moment, and there is free shipping to Australia for her products, TODAY only

#16 Mortificado

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:28 AM

I had no idea this post had responses!

I’ve decided to check myself before I wreck myself (and my budget) and use the products I have in the same way.

Burro, I noticed that Trinny’s pictures on the website look a lot more, ah, reliant on chemicals than she looks in her you tube videos. I assume that her look appeals to some or else she wouldn’t have that look. Do you have any recommendations for a good primer to use in place of the BFF I was eyeing off?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.