Impeachment. It's on!

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#1 BadCat

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:57 AM

I feel like impeachment proceedings deserves a whole thread of it own.

It's going to be long, but OMG it's finally ON!

#2 Lifesgood

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:43 AM

Thank f*@k!

Its worth it just to read the word all over the news.

#3 AliasMater

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:50 AM

I woke up to this news. I'm reluctant to get too excited but real momentum seems to be building.

#4 Lifesgood

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

I'm extremely p*ssed off at Pelosi for prevaricating for so long, but I do love her delivery here, and the wall of flags behind her. Its like she is trying to take back her country, knowing it will be shown over and over on every single network across the USA and the world. She is establishing the legitimacy of her position.

https://twitter.com/...604196977594369

#5 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

They have one chance to do this. They want to do it right.

I’m waiting for a reaction from the toddler in chief

#6 Ozquoll

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

Joe Biden and his son Hunter have got up to all sorts of dodgy sh*t in the Ukraine - and the Dems think it's a good idea to impeach Trump about a phone call to that country's leader? Once the dirt-digging starts, there will be far more discovered to damage Biden and the Dems than Trump. They've all but assured his re-election in 2020 🤦.

Edited by Ozquoll, 25 September 2019 - 08:18 AM.

#7 Lifesgood

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

View PostOzquoll, on 25 September 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Joe Biden and his son Hunter have got up to all sorts of dodgy sh*t in the Ukraine - and the Dems think it's a good idea to impeach Trump about a phone call to that country's leader? Once the dirt-digging starts, there will be far more discovered to damage Biden and the Dems than Trump. They've all but assured his re-election in 2020 .
What information are you basing these statements on?

#8 Ozquoll

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

View PostLifesgood, on 25 September 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

What information are you basing these statements on?
The Ukraine stuff is towards the end of the article, but the China dealings are on the nose too.

https://www.google.c...t-on-china/amp/

#9 dadwasathome

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

View PostOzquoll, on 25 September 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

The Ukraine stuff is towards the end of the article, but the China dealings are on the nose too.

Is there a less biased source for those allegations against Biden?

Trump has got away with so much unPresidential and downright dodgy sh*t, that this latest Ukraine allegation was clearly the last straw. Impeachment rarely ends wells, but how could the House Dems not at this stage.

#10 doubting thomas

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

I won't believe it until he's out. Man is mad of teflon. This may just encourage  his supporters to vote.

#11 Lifesgood

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:13 PM

View PostOzquoll, on 25 September 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

You do realise that is a Murdoch-owned publication?

Perhaps read a few other non-Murdoch sources and your concerns will be alleviated.

ETA: in case you aren't sure what other sources might give different perspectives, try Sarah Kendzior, Guardian, Washington Post, NY Times, The New Daily, Playboy (seriously). If you need more sources let me know. It's important to read widely.

Edited by Lifesgood, 25 September 2019 - 12:15 PM.

#12 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:25 PM

https://mavenroundta...&utm_content=SP

I could see this happening. Trump is the type to cut and run.

#13 kadoodle

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

View Postdoubting thomas, on 25 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

I won't believe it until he's out. Man is mad of teflon. This may just encourage  his supporters to vote.

This, unfortunately.

#14 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

I think they may have to come after his whole family, not just him. And Trump and everyone in the administration are going to be investigated so. Yah more thoroughly now.

Also, if Trump resigns he can spin it anyway he wishes.

#15 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:54 PM

I won't hold my breathe.

#16 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:06 PM

Remember also if Biden ends up being the candidate anyone the democrats have against him will likely wipe the floor. The guy is as dull as ditchwater

#17 71Cath

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:35 PM

View Postdoubting thomas, on 25 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

So true.  Remember during the election he said he could stand up and shoot someone at one of his rallies and people would still vote for him.

#18 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

if anyone wants more trustworthy reporting regarding the allegations about Biden (they are BS) - see here. i’m a WP subscriber so let me know if it’s paywalled...i can try to quote paragraphs...

https://www.washingt...jabs-joe-biden/

#19 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:42 PM

this is good too.....i can access it but let me know if it’s paywalled...i can quote salient points...

https://www.washingt...impression=true

#20 marple

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

Why can't the bloody Dem's just stay away from this sh*t for 3 years.( referring to Bidens son)  They almost make themselves a target, because sadly the world expects better of the left than the right. So bloody sad.

Laying money now ( ($50)that Trump gets reelected. ( PM me for my address anyone who wants to take me on). Hoping I'm wrong.

Edited by marple, 25 September 2019 - 01:52 PM.

#21 Lunafreya

Or there is Aunty

https://www.abc.net....lained/11542216

#22 Ruf~Feral~es

I'm not totally 'up' on US politics, so excuse my ignorance.....

Will this investigation only focus on the Ukraine stuff, or does it open a wider door into all the other allegations as well?

Not that I care what it takes to bring him down, but yes, "teflon man" does seem to skate through everything again and again.

I also wonder if this is all too 'confusing' for his supporters, not to cast dispersion's on their intelligence.  lol.   But I do think they need a big, obvious 'smoking gun' to turn some of the Republicans against him enough to vote for impeachment - and I just don't know what that will take - there seems to have been so much that should have worked in the past.

I am quite enjoying it, regardless.

#23 raechel82

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:09 PM

I think the weirdest part of this is that Joe Biden is considered a real threat. I don’t believe he will be the democratic nominee for President.

#24 Lunafreya

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:14 PM

Will this investigation only focus on the Ukraine stuff, or does it open a wider door into all the other allegations as well?

Anything and everything. They are investigating to see whether the president has committed a crime.

#25 archyandmehitabel

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

How nice for Morrison. Avoids climate change meeting to hang out with President about to be impeached.  Looks good on his resume!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.