**TTC Oct 2019**

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ohhhhello

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

Hi ladies, thought i would kick off this months TTC.

We are about to start trying for baby #2. my son turned 1 in Sept, and we are eager to start trying given it took us 9 months and a surgery to conceive him.
I need to get a surgery on Oct 29th so we will literally be good to start trying the day after - cannot wait!! so this month for me is monitoring my cycle and prepping my body as much as possible.

What is everybody doing for prep and helping fertility? Last time I was doing castor oil packs along with a bucket load of chinese medicine and acupuncture.

fairy dust to everyone x x

#2 ljp89

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

Jumping over from September!

Its cycle 4 TTC#2 while still breastfeeding miss 22mo - breastfeeding is havoc on my hormones and causing irregular periods but I’m not willing to wean yet. So I’m currently on CD31 and had positive OPKs today and yesterday, and had my regular O pain today. We’ve DTD both today and yesterday as well, and I have told hubby that it’s happening again tomorrow night whether he likes it or not, so hopefully we get it this month!

Usually I have a 10 day LP, so I’ll be testing probably on Friday the 11th. Though we all know I’ll probably cave and use the internet cheapies before then haha.

#3 n.sinclair

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:32 PM

It's been so long since I've been in these forums, and yet here I am again TTC baby #2!
I am still questioning whether pregnant from last month, period is 4 days late, so signs of it coming, but a negative test 2 days ago. Going to test again in 2 days to see what happened if AF doesn't arrive in the meantime.

Our first son happened a lot quicker than expected, sort of a "stop contraception and see what happens" type deal and fell pregnant straight away. So this tracking my cycle and trying to stop myself doing test after test is all new to me!

My husband is FIFO, so our difficulty is having him home when I ovulate.

#4 Inda

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:58 AM

Hi Ladies,
Back again and joining in this months discussions.
We have a 16 month old DD and stopped prevention in April.

I had a D&C a week ago, after a long drawn out process of not knowing what was happening.
Have been told to wait for next cycle so we won't be actively trying until then, but who knows when that will be. It took us 9 months for DD, so here I am, hoping it doesn't take too long from this point.

Wishing you all luck this month.

#5 JC 22

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:53 AM

Hi ladies, I haven’t posted in a week or so.  

I have had a very hard day just completely sole destroying 😢  I’m 11 dpo I tested yesterday and got a bfn witch put me in such a bad mood so I said I wouldn’t test today as we had to go to a christening of the most gorgeous baby girl 💔 so I New that would be hard enough also there was another girl there who just fell pregnant not trying at all and another girl pregnant with twins 😩 I’m happy for them really..  Anyway just before we left the house I went to the loo and af the witch had arrived 3 days early 😭😭😭 Over 22 months of trying loosing my wee boy when he was only 6 weeks old to Edwards syndrome then 2 Mc and a chemical, I’m trying so hard to find some hope to hang on to but I’m really struggling this cycle 💔 Sorry just needed to vent..

#6 Inexperienced

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:32 PM

JC 22 I'm so sorry to hear you are having a tough journey. I hope you get your little rainbow soon.

I'm 7dpo today, don't feel pregnant like with my other 2 pregnancies I got a full mouth of ulcers around now. I tested this morning with a ic; negative of course. I think I just am I poas addict 😂

Has anyone every found an old frer from the previous month and there all of a sudden a obvious pink positive which wasn't there when you took the test?

Edited by Inexperienced, 07 October 2019 - 04:33 PM.

#7 rowd

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

JC 22, I'm so sorry. Life really sucks sometimes, and can be totally unfair. I lost my daughter to a chromosomal condition when she was 14 months old, so I understand your pain. I find that whenever something else painful happens, it magnifies my grief for my daughter, which in turn magnifies my sadness over the current situation, and I can spiral. Just wanted you to know I hear you and if you ever want to chat, I'm here.

#8 Sailor4

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:09 AM

Hi guys,
CD 4 here, first month TTC baby #2. Still can't believe we are back in the mix, Im equally nervous and excited! Our plan is to try for the next 3 months and then take a break. DD is a Dec baby and we want to avoid #2 being Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb. Fingers crossed we can catch that egg in the next few months!

#9 ljmcco

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:40 AM

CD 11 of Cycle 18 TTC#1 (plus 8 cycle interruption due to being separated by 17000 km for visa reasons), 1 mc July/Aug of this year.
PCOS, Metformin, adenomyosis, endosalpingiosis, slowly descending into despair

#10 ljmcco

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:41 AM

Deleted, unintentional duplicate

Edited by ljmcco, 08 October 2019 - 07:22 PM.

#11 Inexperienced

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:15 AM

9dpo today, I tested with an ic and have a very very faint positive. I won't get excited yet. I've had a few chemicals in the past.

#12 ohhhhello

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

sorry guys, been MIA with a sick toddler.

JC 22, i am so sorry to hear. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. But its good to have a place like this to vent and get support.

I still can't believe we are back here, about to try again. I went and up updated blood tests and checks, and needed to get a booster for Chicken Pox. so the timing of that has worked out perfectly with my surgery on October 29th. Fingers crossed I heal quickly and feel okay to try that month. my period is due on Oct 30th.

Sailor 4 - i am very similar to you. we have a Sept 13th baby. Im conscious i don't want baby #2 too close to first babys birthday. but we will see how we go!

View PostInexperienced, on 09 October 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

9dpo today, I tested with an ic and have a very very faint positive. I won't get excited yet. I've had a few chemicals in the past.

Fingers crossed for you!

#13 ohhhhello

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

what is everybody doing to help fertility?

currently I am just taking pre natal vitamins and trying eat healthier and destress at work.
But last time i tried I was doing alot of Chinese medicine, acupuncture and also castor oil packs.

#14 newme15

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:37 AM

Hi, I’m moving over from September after getting a bfp only for it not to stick. I’m still not sure if we are going to try as much as we were or if we wait this cycle. Doc has given the all clear so that’s good.
Apparently my progesterone levels are seriously low so I’m looking into ways to fix that.
Hopefully we can sort things and get a sticky one

#15 Inexperienced

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

View Postohhhhello, on 09 October 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

what is everybody doing to help fertility?

currently I am just taking pre natal vitamins and trying eat healthier and destress at work.
But last time i tried I was doing alot of Chinese medicine, acupuncture and also castor oil packs.

Limit alcohol and eating pretty clean. I'm taking vit b6 to extend my short luteal phase. Other than that not much.

When I was ttc the first time I was taking vit b6, prenatals, EPO and iron. Also was trying to sit in the sun 15 mins a day for Vit D.

#16 ohhhhello

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostInexperienced, on 09 October 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

Limit alcohol and eating pretty clean. I'm taking vit b6 to extend my short luteal phase. Other than that not much.

When I was ttc the first time I was taking vit b6, prenatals, EPO and iron. Also was trying to sit in the sun 15 mins a day for Vit D.

Awesome thanks lovely.
I think the biggest thing for me is reducing my stress. I think i need to do some yoga and meditation perhaps. i do think stress has such an impact on fertility.

#17 Sailor4

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:42 PM

I picked up an OPK today, its getting real! CD7, so will probably start using the kit on Monday at CD10.

Anyone have any advice about taking vitex while breastfeeding? We used it the month we conceived DD1, so we believe it was a big help. But I have read mixed things online about using it while breastfeeding

#18 nicklou86

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

Hi! I'm joining back in here. Been ttc #2 almost 2 years early mc in Jan.
New diagnosis of PCOS commenced ovulation induction done 2 cycles which were both cancelled as my follicles just don't mature so waiting for AF and then I'll be doing fsh injections and letrozole, as they think I don't have enough hormones to see follicles to maturity... Has anyone else done this? Side effects?

#19 ljp89

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:10 AM

Hi ladies. Just want an opinion.

I had positive OPK’s on 1st and 2nd of October. Based on that, I’ve been putting O at the 2nd, but is it possible it could’ve been the 3rd or 4th? I’m not temping atm so only have the OPK’s to go off. If it happened later than the 3rd it’s unlikely we’ll have DTD with the right timing to conceive.

I’ve tested the last three mornings on IC’s, all stark white BFN’s. I haven’t completely given up on this month but also I’m a little crampy so won’t be surprised if AF rocks up. I’m already disappointed. 😔

#20 smmaho

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Well looks like I'm back for another month of trying. AF arrived today. About to start my third month of Clomid. Will be ringing my obgyn tomorrow because my luteal phase is only 10 days and that includes spotting so I don't think that is ideal. I might also start looking at seeing a naturopath. I'm convinced a naturopath helped me conceive ds1 so I should give that a go again.

#21 Inda

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:32 PM

ljp89 -  do you track CM as well? That might help you pin down the day, e.g if you are still getting EWCM on the 4th it would mean that you hadn't ovulated on the 2nd as it changes consistency after O.
I mostly track my CM and match that up with my cycle length (basing off ovulation 14 days before next period). My cycle is around 32 days on a normal cycle so usually O around CD 18.
When I was trying for DD, I had multiple days of positive 'flashing' before getting the solid smile  on the Clearblue OPK's.

#22 ljp89

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Inda. I did track cm, so that was a good point that I forgot. So I reckon O was definitely the 2nd.

AF arrived today though. So back in for another cycle TTC.

Guessing I’ll be testing mid-late November (I have long cycles due to still breastfeeding my 23mo for anyone who hasn’t seen my posts in other months).

Little bit disheartened but I know it’ll happen eventually.

#23 newme15

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:49 PM

Not sure where we stand right now, hubby has an autoimmune disease and the doctor has decided to change his medication. The one he is currently on is safe for conceiving but the new one isn’t. He does have another month worth of the current one but doc wants him to change ASAP.
I’m so upset as we haven’t really tried this month as we just had a mc and was trying to get our heads around that. Now I think we may have missed the chance as I ovulated yesterday and he is currently away for work. I’m hoping we may be lucky from before he went but after last month don’t want to get any hopes up.
I feel bad as I want him to wait another month

#24 Sailor4

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:19 PM

Gosh that's a tough spot to be in newme. Fingers crossed you got lucky this month and it all becomes a mute point.

AFM I got a positive OPK today at CD12. Wasn't expecting it today! But anyway, will BD tonight and then hopefully the next couple of days because the OPK seems a touch early.

#25 Jackieohhhh

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:29 PM

Hi all! First thread back in the TTC boards after my BFP with DD 2 years ago now! We’re ready to start trying for baby #2 and I’m very excited!
I had a laparoscopy in August to remove an ovarian tumour that was stopping lefty from ovulating, and my amazing OBGYN had a look around, flushed my tubes and took a sample of my lining, just to make sure everything looked good for baby making, and I’ve now gotten the all clear that nothing seems untoward.
October is our first month without protection but I haven’t gotten properly back into the swing of tracking my cycle yet, and the surgery seems to have done a number on it’s length, so I’m not sure if we hit ovulation or not, but I think I’m about 8dpo!
Looking forward to chatting with you all on this journey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.