Missed Period - Negative Test

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 n.sinclair

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

We have recently started TTC and this month I seem to have missed my period (was due a week ago) but tests are all negative.

My cycle is generally quite regular, max of 4 days late for my period as I've been tracking my cycle for a while now.

We DTD a few times in my last fertile window (according to the Ovia app) so there is a chance of being pregnant.

Has anyone experienced getting negative tests but still pregnant? I've used both Clear Blue and First Response over the last week.

#2 Mands09

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

My pregnancy tests didn’t show positive until 5 weeks gestation. Test again in the morning?

#3 n.sinclair

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

Thats the plan Mands09

Looking at my tracking, I would be just over 5 weeks now if I am pregnant, so could just be that the Hcg levels aren't high enough yet for the tests to detect.

If I hadn't been feeling nauseous on and off for the last week I would be less inclined to think I was pregnant.

#4 Mands09

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

Goodluck. Just remember however faint a line is a line!

Edited by Mands09, 03 October 2019 - 05:36 PM.

#5 onetrick

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

That happened to me and for some reason that month I ovulated almost 2 weeks late. Despite every other cycle ever being a very predictable 26-30 days. Always.
Currently 14 weeks regnant with a baby I was sure we conceived a good 2 weeks before we did according to dating scans.
So maybe you ovulated late, too??

#6 Caribou

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:05 PM

my suspicion, and I am sorry to say, it's very likely a negative.

You would not believe how common it is when TTC suddenly cycles aren't as clock work when TTC. THere's so many factors we didn't notice or consider month-month and often throw in TTC, it throws a spanner into the works.

my suspicion is you ovulated late.

Best of luck for next time.

#7 n.sinclair

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

It isn't the end of the world if I'm not pregnant just yet, it was the first month we hadn't used any contraception and was sort of a "lets see what happens" type scenario.

It's just thrown me off that it's so late when it's never been this late before, in conjunction with the nausea.

#8 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

My negative test is sleeping soundly down the hall.

#9 n.sinclair

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

Hypnic Jerk, on 03 October 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Haha! I've actually been reading quite a few comments in a mum's group on facebook of many people who have said the same thing, either it took 10-15 weeks to get a positive on a home test, or they never got a positive at all.

#10 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:16 PM

Mine wasn’t that bad.  We weren’t tcc, the opposite actually, but I was using the billing’s method and we had make-up-sex at exactly the right time.  I distinctly remember saying “stuff it” when posed with the question of doing it or not.

#11 Caribou

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:38 AM

n.sinclair, on 03 October 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

It isn't the end of the world if I'm not pregnant just yet, it was the first month we hadn't used any contraception and was sort of a "lets see what happens" type scenario.

It's just thrown me off that it's so late when it's never been this late before, in conjunction with the nausea.

The nausea would be likely increased awareness due to TTC. What you’d dismiss before, is very prominent in TTC phase and more psychological than physiological.

#12 Grassyrat

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

I had a negative test but was pregnant with a tubal ectopic. I would have been at least 5 weeks when I took the test. Don't want to scare you, just keep in mind it can happen.

I also had symptoms of pregnancy like acne and heightened sense of smell but just trusted the test.

Just keep an eye on things and as others have said it's likely you've ovulated late or now are paying attention to your cycle and things go haywire!

#13 PizzaPlease

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:07 AM

View PostHypnic Jerk, on 03 October 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Mine too.

#14 n.sinclair

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:50 PM

Well AF decided to show up yesterday....a week and a half late, ugh!

I'm glad to finally have an answer, just annoyed at the timing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.