Masterchef 2020

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Riotproof

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

New judges announced. https://apple.news/A...fQ7aVRctr6fEgRg

Ds has said he doesn’t think he wants to watch this year because he isn’t sure about new judges.

Edited by Riotproof, 10 October 2019 - 08:32 AM.

#2 seayork2002

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

I will give it a go because I feel like a change with it but not sure yet on it

#3 mintpatty

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

It will be interesting and I’ll give it a go.

I wanted to hate the new hosts of the Great British Bake Off when they changed. But I couldn’t. I still love the show.

Hopefully the new MC judges will be a breath of fresh air.

#4 BusbyWilkes

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

Andy is great. From a contestant to owning a hatted restaurant - what inspiration for contestants.
Plus he's ok to look at!

Don't know the others so much, but looking forward to it. Haven't watched much the last couple of seasons because I can't stand George.

#5 Chchgirl

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:09 PM

I don't know the other two but I really like Andy, I'll give it a go.

I agree with the Great British Bakeoff, I've been  a big fan for a while and do like the new hosts.

And there's still Paul Hollywood 😊

Edited by Chchgirl, 10 October 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#6 Tiger Print

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

Melissa Leong was really great on The Chef's Line (SBS)

#7 cstar

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

I'll miss the old judges, but I think it was time to make a change.

I look forward to watching next year.

#8 seayork2002

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

I think it would have been interesting if they had 1 big name and then 2 of the ones they have chosen, one big large personality that could work with the other 2.

But again am curious as I don't know anything about the ones chosen - I think I remember the one that was on MC where he came back for something but nothing on the other 2

George was my least favourite of the 3 old judges

#9 Riotproof

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

I also find this bit very interesting.

The 2020 edition, slated to begin after Easter, will feature 24 contestants from previous seasons of the show, people who did not win but were serious contenders. No names have been announced but Rick Maier, the network executive responsible for the show, said many of them “are so familiar to people that they are known by a single name”.

Does that mean no auditions?

#10 Chocolate Addict

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 10 October 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Doesn't sound like it, sounds like a 'best of' non winners lol

Apparently an old social media post of Melissa's has come out, it said something like - the one thing an aspiring home cook should do is not go on Master Chef :p
Wonder how they will rework that to a positive lol

#11 hills mum bec

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:01 PM

I just hope that the new judges have a good chemistry with each other.  I’m not really fussed who the judges are or if they are well known so long as they work well together and don’t make the show seem too scripted.

#12 Rockwiz

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 10 October 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

I think it means Ten are worried about the effect the new judges will have on the viewers willingness to watch. So to counter that they are doing a ‘best of’ season to play it safe with fans getting to see some familiar faces again.

#13 Jenflea

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

She was on the Project tonight and they brought up the tweets.
She said everyone is allowed to change their minds and to grow as a person. She also said she could have deleted it but stands by her earlier tweets.
She handled it quite well.

#14 Chchgirl

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

View Posthills mum bec, on 10 October 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

I just hope that the new judges have a good chemistry with each other.  I’m not really fussed who the judges are or if they are well known so long as they work well together and don’t make the show seem too scripted.

Hopefully they will be ok, they have big shoes to fill.

#15 Ellie bean

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:56 PM

Where will they get the next lot of contestants from is what I wonder. Surely there’s no one left in this country who can cook who hasn’t already been on a cooking show...
Riotproof maybe you should audition! Your backstory could be cooking allergy safe food. It could work really well!

#16 Chchgirl

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:18 PM

I googled the other guy, Jock Zonfrillo after seeing him on the Project and falling in love instantly.

Bloody accents

#17 Riotproof

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

View PostEllie bean, on 10 October 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

Where will they get the next lot of contestants from is what I wonder. Surely there’s no one left in this country who can cook who hasn’t already been on a cooking show...
Riotproof maybe you should audition! Your backstory could be cooking allergy safe food. It could work really well!

Oh that would be a big fat no.DS agrees with you, though once I pointed out a dessert challenge where they were all tempering Chocolate, making meringue, ge

S and mousses.. I never do anything like that.

#18 MarigoldMadge

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:15 AM

Shannon Bennett has had another financial collapse - wonder if he's become too tainted as well, and his time is over as well. He's also been subject to allegations of underpaying staff at Vue de Monde.

https://www.theage.c...013-p5307t.html

#19 Chchgirl

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:26 AM

View PostMarigoldMadge, on 14 October 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

Shannon Bennett has had another financial collapse - wonder if he's become too tainted as well, and his time is over as well. He's also been subject to allegations of underpaying staff at Vue de Monde.

https://www.theage.c...013-p5307t.html

Oh wow! I really liked him as a guest judge.

#20 Zeppelina

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostChchgirl, on 10 October 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I googled the other guy, Jock Zonfrillo after seeing him on the Project and falling in love instantly. Bloody accents
Yes! Between Jock's Scottish accent, my fave ever contestant Andy, and the gorgeous Melissa (who I don't know anything else about yet), I am expecting to enjoy the season - on a superficial level, at least!

Edited by Zeppelina, 22 October 2019 - 09:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.