Best nappies for babies

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 gracie1978

Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

First time around we used Huggies, they were dearer but fewer leaks was worth the extra cash.

Apparently they've turned to $hit and are now poor quality, smell funny and the sizing has changed dramatically.  Production also moved offshore.

So what's the good brand to use now? Should I be ordering Pampers off Amazon? Aldi to the rescue?  Is there love for Babylove?

Gimme the good stuff!!

#2 alchetta

Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

I love Coles Rascals but with my newborn I bulk ordered Bambo Nature - oddly enough the cheapest online supplier was an organisation selling continence products.

#3 Mooples

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:07 PM

Both my boys have been allergic to huggies so we’ve used babylove which I’ve loved up until recently. They’ve just changed them and I’m still using them but not as happy now - thinner and less in the pack for the same price.

#4 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:16 PM

I haven’t had any issues with huggies - no leaks or funny smells, fits my DS fine. I didn’t like pampers when using them in Europe! They use the cheap huggies at daycare and they seem fine too.

#5 Hands Up

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:27 PM

We used baby love at night and Woolworths little ones during the day. No issues with either.

Still use baby love as a night nappy for the four year old. Amazing how much it can hold!

#6 Ellie bean

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

Babylove all the way here! Huggies weren’t good for us- was a few years ago though

#7 Fluffy Potatoes

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

We mostly use the Coles Cub and occasionally the Woollies little ones. The cub seem a little more generous in size and are very similar to Aldi nappies which we used when we lived near one.
I do prefer Huggies for overnight, but I think that’s just a leftover habit from Ds1 who was a heavy wetter. Ds2 (14mths) can be dry some mornings.

#8 onetrick

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:53 AM

We used newborn huggies then aldi. The smallest aldi ones didnt fit at all, but size 2 and up was ok. They are so much cheaper and seem to work better than huggies for DS (he was wetting through huggies every night and haven't had an issue with aldi).
Oh, we also tried thank you and they were the wrong shape for DS but I know others love them.

Edited by onetrick, 16 October 2019 - 05:54 AM.

#9 eigne

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:10 AM

We prefer baby love but have noticed the recent changes. Huggies mid range priced nappies were also good but expensive. Daycare uses the cheapest huggies nappies and I really don’t like them because the flap always ends up between her butt cheeks and it looks really uncomfortable.

#10 Crazyone26989

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:54 AM

I prefer rascal and friends as they seem to hold more wee overnight and come up higher at the back. Babylove are fine for shorter periods on my 3 month old but fall down due to the weight of the wee overnight lol. We use cloth most of the time during the day so I only need them for night.

#11 afterlaughter

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:13 AM

I still use Huggies, I buy in bulk from Amazon when they are cheap, so I get them usually for equivalent to $22 a box that Coles charges $33 for and $25 is the best special you ever see at Coles. They are the mid range huggies. I have bought the pampers on Amazon but I don’t like how they feel when very full of wee.

#12 IamtheMumma

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:40 AM

How about looking into cloth nappies?

Aldi. After the newborn size, they're fine.

#13 lozoodle

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:50 AM

Baby beehind all in ones are the most amazing thing ever invented and they lasted 3 kids :) (and then got passed onto a friend who used them for 3 years and then passed them on again!)

#14 Hayliah

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:51 AM

Babylove, rascal and friends or pampers from amazon here. Huggies really have gone down hill since my last bub.  

There were poo leaks pretty much everytime with my girl on huggies so changed.

I’ve only recently started using pampers and love how they aren’t bulky but still hold like the others.

#15 gracie1978

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostIamtheMumma, on 16 October 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

How about looking into cloth nappies?

Aldi. After the newborn size, they're fine.

I wish I could but I barely kept my head above water with a singleton.

I will try Aldi, I wish they delivered!

#16 Clementinerose

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:59 AM

I normally use the mid range huggies and they’ve been fine

#17 itsallnew

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:38 AM

I was a diehard Huggies fan but have switched to the Woolworths Little Ones and have no complaints.

#18 seayork2002

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

For DS it was Aldi's

#19 annodam

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

Both my kids wore the Huggies newborn, once they grew out of them we moved on to Pampers.
They were the only nappy that stayed true to size & didn't alter & there's 7yrs difference between my kids.

#20 Holidayromp

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:48 AM

The eco baby ones are good.

I agree Huggies have gone to the crapper.  I find the ultimate ones to be okay but the price doesn’t justify it.

It also comes down the child I find that my second daughter was the only one that couldn’t wear Huggies.

#21 mayahlb

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

We used a mix of cloth and the coles little ones brand. They were surprisingly good as well as cheaper. We used them because huggies gave my kids a rash and babylove leaked. My kids are older now though. A friend has used the eco ones and say they are lovely.

#22 Lallalla

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

Bambooty or baby bare during the day and baby love at night.

I used to use huggies at night sometimes but now they bring DD out in a rash.

#23 Beanette

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:09 PM

I've never had a problem with Huggies, I use the "ultra dry" ones for both my kids. I find that the "ultimate" ones are not worth the extra cost, and I don't like nappy pants.

Daycare uses Babylove and they also seem fine.

#24 Demera

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:01 PM

We switched from Huggies to the Cub nappies from Coles after trying Aldi.  I swear that Cub and Aldi are the same nappy, just printed differently. It's very inconvenient going to Aldi so we're using Cub and I'm finding them to be really good.  Sometimes I use the Rascal & Friends nappies but the Cub ones are doing the job.

#25 Caribou

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

we used huggies 5.5 years apart for both kids. Last one just finished with nappies (2.5) and I've honestly had no issues with them at all.

I had more issues with nappies I purchased from the UK when i was travelling there. Now, those ones sure smelt the minute he did a wee. I was convinced they added a scent activator in to encourage you to change the nappy sooner, thus using more nappies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.