DD8yo still filling a nappy every night

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:20 AM

Omg team, we have finally had 2 nights in a row where DD got herself up during the night to do a wee!! This might finally be progress! Yayayayayay!!!

And did I mention I’ve been sleeping on a mattress on the floor next to her bed for the last 3 weeks. Far out it’s been hard work.

#77 123Tree

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

Not escaping Xmas please take comfort in the fact that your daughter feels your support and appreciates your help (probably doesn’t show it at 2am).  

Being dry when it is permanent will be a huge confidence boost for her and she knows her parents have got her back.

Also we got our son to change his sheets in the middle of the night while we prompted him. This consequence made being dry more appealing because he preferred being in bed.

#78 alwayshappy

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:10 AM

My son is 13 and still hasn't had a dry night since birth (well, the odd one with medication or by chance)!
We have used the Minirin nasal spray, which is really effective, but doesn't solve the problem.
He's a very deep sleeper and he also has challenges with number 2's, which are not easy to fix (diet is poor, can't easily change due to his behvioural disabilities... one issue impacts on another). I can't fix the number 2's issue any time soon, and yet they suggest that needs to be fixed before the wetting can be fixed. It's a vicious circle.
I have an Malem alarm but haven't used it yet, because I need to psych myself and him up for the nightly interruptions it will cause. He's also in a loft bed, so it's going to be a nightmare!
He would obviously love to get it resolved, and using the alarm is the last resort for us.
This thread has reminded me that I need to focus on it again, as the impact on his self esteem and camping is becoming more significant.

#79 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

The alarm is hard work but we’re finally (after about a month) getting traction. It’s totally worth it :)

Are you attending a continence clinic?  That’s helped with us. (No probs with poo though, makes it a bit more straight forward)

#80 123Tree

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

I am late to this thread but when my kids went through this we were advised that the cheap sensors from the internet are used clipped onto their undies there is a higher risk of false readings due to sweat or whatever. So the loud bell and mattress pad were more effective.

I am saying this because readers may want to consider this when they decide what to do. However I am sure there are different qualities available and everyone has an opinion.

That said we used the bell and pad system with both our kids before they were dry.

#81 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:48 PM

We used the Rodger alarm system. It certainly worked!! No false readings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.