A short trip with a 7 weeks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sheeva33

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

Hi I will need to fly to Syd from Mel when my DD is 7 weeks(after hers first immunization) . I am going to stay at a hotel with her and my partner for 3-4 days. I am just a bot hesitant of the hotel issue.. the cleanness, where she sleeps how to sterilize her dummies, and how to bathe DD etc.. anyone with similar experience?

#2 JoanJett

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

For sleep, options include:
the bassinet attachment for your pram, if you have one
hotel provided cot (most provide for a small fee if you notify)
your own travel cot if you have one

For sterilising dummies:
most hotel rooms have a kettle, so boiled water with dummies in a coffee cup for 10 minutes would be ok

For bathing:
shower with your bub
a "bird bath" with a warm flannel
bathe with your bub if there is a bathtub
for 3-4 days, newborns don't really even need a bath

OP, it's pretty overwhelming travelling for the first time with your first baby.  I responded in your previous post about flying. You can do it. And if you don't feel you can manage it, or it feels overwhelming, it's ok to say no - babies are a good excuse for all sorts of things.

Good luck.

#3 ~Bob~

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

I flew Sydney to Perth when my eldest was 10 weeks. I was overwhelmed, but it was fine. The flight was amazing. He breastfed and slept in the bassinet the whole time. I took the microwave sterilizer with me and put it in their microwave. I can't remember about baths, but a newborn will be fine for a few days with a wipeover. The hotel gave me a cot.

Edited by ~Bob~, 22 October 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#4 nasty buddha

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:14 PM

If you plan on doing future trips the stokke bath is good as it folds. I've taken it in my suitcase for trips. You might be able to pick up one second hand if you wanted.

I used to sleep my babies in their bassinets of their pram or a portacot.

#5 lizzzard

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

I flew with both kids when they were 5 and 8 weeks old from Canada to Australia! Newborns don’t really come into contact with dirty surfaces (not like crawling babies) so I wasn’t worried about the hygiene issue. Looking back I probably should have been more concerned about travelling before they’d had their immunisations but it didn’t cross my mind!

#6 Sheeva33

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:29 PM

View PostJoanJett, on 22 October 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

For sleep, options include:
the bassinet attachment for your pram, if you have one
hotel provided cot (most provide for a small fee if you notify)
your own travel cot if you have one

For sterilising dummies:
most hotel rooms have a kettle, so boiled water with dummies in a coffee cup for 10 minutes would be ok

For bathing:
shower with your bub
a "bird bath" with a warm flannel
bathe with your bub if there is a bathtub
for 3-4 days, newborns don't really even need a bath

OP, it's pretty overwhelming travelling for the first time with your first baby.  I responded in your previous post about flying. You can do it. And if you don't feel you can manage it, or it feels overwhelming, it's ok to say no - babies are a good excuse for all sorts of things.

Good luck.
Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.