Vuly Trampoline

18 replies to this topic

#1 Drat

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:46 AM

Looking at getting my girls a trampoline for Christmas. Really keen on the Vuly ones, but really not sure which one to get!

Looking at the ultra or lift 2 at the moment

Does anyone have any recommendations of which one is best?

#2 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:33 AM

We have a Vuly lift. It’s been great. I was somewhat against the idea, mostly due to its size (we got the 14ft) but the kids love it. The net is really well designed and safe. Only tricky bit is getting in and out as an adult. The doorway is pretty tiny and the ladder is small. Kids are fine though, and a woman my size perhaps shouldn’t be trampolining anyway :lol: but it is fun, and it’s rated for adults.

#3 Drat

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:10 PM

View Post~LemonMyrtle~, on 28 October 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

a woman my size perhaps shouldn’t be trampolining anyway :lol: but it is fun, and it’s rated for adults.

Lol... I am totally going to be on the trampoline.. no matter what my size ;)

#4 Mooples

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

We have a lift 2 and our boys love it, they are in it most days. We got the medium size and it’s plenty big enough for them (2 and 4) even with one of us in there with them. We have the ladder and the sunshade which I’d definitely recommend. We’ve only had it since last Christmas so no issues yet.

#5 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

We have an original thunder. Had it about 5/6 years. Love it. It gets an absolute work out. It’s net hasn’t been damaged. Mat was replaced, due to stitching issues 2 years ago.
If you buy through vuly they do half price spares etc.

Edited by Bethlehem Babe, 28 October 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#6 Puzzles

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

For those with a Vuly, how hard was it to put together?

#7 bandbub

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

it doesnt come with paper instructions you have to watch a tutorial video its not too bad to put together just time consuming  so if you are putting it together xmas eve put the kids to bed early and dont drink too much with the neighbours while assembling it 🤣

#8 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostPuzzles, on 28 October 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

For those with a Vuly, how hard was it to put together?

Tricky, but not impossible. Needs 2 people, one with a bit of arm strength. And you have to follow the correct order or you will be undoing a lot of springs.

#9 little lion

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

We have a Thunder Pro (not the current model). Very happy with it. I paid someone to assemble it. Cost about $100 and I found them off Gumtree.

#10 LucyGoose

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

We have an original vuly,  just replaced the net after 6 years.  Still going strong.   Took 2 of us, 90 mins to put together.   My DH did most and I probably didn’t have the arm strength to do it myself.  

Very impressed with the quality.

#11 me-n-b

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

Do you know that vuly have donated trampolines to the Queensland Children's Hospital, great company

#12 bandbub

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:04 AM

also make sure you set it up where you want it especially when buying the larger ones because they are sooo heavy

#13 ekbaby

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:37 AM

We have the original (not sure it’s still available), bought 6 years ago and still working well and being used all the time. We have replaced one or two of the poles in that time due to kids trying to slam dunk or hang off the net and bending them (against vuly and our instructions)...it’s easy to buy the spare parts, half price if u register your product, that’s what I love about the brand...so often it’s just one part that goes (eg the net), this way u don’t have to get rid of the whole trampoline and u get good value for money and years of use.

#14 Drat

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the recommendations!

I'm even more keen to get it now.

I'm unsure about what size to get though. Our girls are only tiny now, but i'd like it to be used for a long time.

Wondering whether to go the M or the L.

How hard are they to move? The trampoline will go in one area of the yard, but we are extending the fence out at some point, so we will possibly want to move it a few metres.. doable with extra sets of hands?

#15 bandbub

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

we have a M and my 3 kids all enjoy it even i have a jump

certainly moveable with an extra set of hands just heavy!

#16 mandala

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

The biggest you can fit would be my suggestion. We have M but it's a little tight for my early primary kids. If you're getting tradies in to do the fence they could easily move it for you first. DH and I couldn't do it, but my BIL and DH could do so fairly easily.

#17 Green lady

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

We have a large Thunder pro - I’d buy the large if you have the room. I got the roof cover with it which is great in summer to keep the sun off. I also got a recommendation from Vuly on a person to build it so that we didn’t have to do it.

#18 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

Get the large.  We don’t have a Vuly but a similar quality.  Kids were little when we got it but DH still wanted the big one.  Had to build a bloody retaining wall to level the ground to fit it in.

Kids aren’t little anymore and if it was smaller they wouldn’t be getting the use out of it.
Moving it might be a b**ch but get enough people and you’d be right.

#19 Mooples

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:59 PM

They sell wheels for them you can attach to the bottom to move them. We have the medium so dh and I can move it by lifting but the wheels would make it super easy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.