122 replies to this topic

#1 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

Anyone else watching?

The “influencers” are nasty.

#2 BahumChchgirlbug

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:25 PM

Yes yes yes! Been waiting for a thread!

Yes so far they are the only ones I don't like.

#3 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:34 PM

I must admit they got me off side as they are influencers... and now I know they are nasty.

#4 #YKG

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:38 PM

I came in 20 mins late so don’t really know who is go yet.

The dodgy couple stealing dumplings from the nuns..seriously?

#5 BahumChchgirlbug

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:40 PM

View Post#YKG, on 28 October 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I came in 20 mins late so don’t really know who is go yet.

The dodgy couple stealing dumplings from the nuns..seriously?

I really want to slap them!

#6 kshy

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:47 PM

Did not start well when I heard they were influencers and then the stealing of the dumplings - hope they are the next to go

#7 maryanneK

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:52 PM

ooh! Didnt know it was on. Is tonight the first episode? channel?

#8 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

They also lied to other Teams at the start...

#9 BahumChchgirlbug

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:00 PM

I miss who went-did anyone go tonight?

#10 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostChchgirl, on 28 October 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

I miss who went-did anyone go tonight?

Yellow team.

They went completely the wrong way at the first clue, and by the time they went to do the water dancing they got sent to the check point.

#11 BahumChchgirlbug

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostBethlehem Babe, on 28 October 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yellow team.

They went completely the wrong way at the first clue, and by the time they went to do the water dancing they got sent to the check point.

Thanks! I thought they may go, last I saw they were getting lost again..

#12 Jackrabbit

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

View PostmaryanneK, on 28 October 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

ooh! Didnt know it was on. Is tonight the first episode? channel?

It started tonight on WIN (ten?) and is on tomorrow night too. I honestly don't think they wanted anyone to watch it as none of the ads I saw in the last week or so actually said when it was going to be on. Even articles I read rarely mentioned it. Luckily I found one article that mentioned the start date.

#13 Murderino

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:54 PM

I’m just up to fly boarding but I hate the influencers. I always love when they play the footage of people saying how great they are and then go so badly, I know that all the teams likely said it but it’s still fun.

#14 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

I am going to watch it on the app, so I don’t have to do ads!

#15 Greatmum

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

I’m in Sydney and they have been advertising for weeks and the date. Have been waiting!!

#16 humphreybear

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:27 PM

It will take me time to get use to Beau rather than Phil but I’m liking most of the teams.

#17 76 others

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:20 PM

Yay the Amazing Race.

A lot of teams seem nice except the influencers. Get a real job.

And have none of them ever watched the show? You spit the flag from the tower and shout out? You find the postcard and shout out? Nooooo. You find what you're looking for,walk somewhere else to throw everyone and then shout out.

#18 Chocolate Addict

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:26 PM

I am not religious but holy crap, that is low stealing from Nun's.

How bad were the two that came last? lol They deserved to go home.

I don't know all the names/occupations yet, I was cooking when it started.

#19 steppy

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:08 AM

I'm finding Beau difficult to deal with. It's not a football match!

#20 sahmie

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:34 AM

Influencers - bloody awful; as expected.

Sisters - steal a cab, then whinge when a team gets on an elevator before them.

Nuns - are we gonna have to watch them pray every episode?

Athletes - “we’ll do the cups, that sounds like a sport” 🤦‍♀️
Even funnier when the other teams crush it.

#21 #YKG

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:42 AM

I had a look at the influencers account, I was expecting at least 150-200k followers, nope only 22k. Looks like they might buy their followers considering their engagement is quite low for alleged amount of followers.
I ran an audit, only 9,370 of their followers aren’t bots. Someone’s buying followers

Edited by #YKG, 29 October 2019 - 01:45 AM.

#22 steppy

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

View Postsahmie, on 29 October 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

Influencers - bloody awful; as expected.

Sisters - steal a cab, then whinge when a team gets on an elevator before them.

Nuns - are we gonna have to watch them pray every episode?

Athletes - “we’ll do the cups, that sounds like a sport” ������‍♀️
Even funnier when the other teams crush it.

Same thoughts here. Especially the sisters. The other teams did not do anything wrong or mean - being the first to the postcard doesn't make you the first to the elevator. If you hadn't shouted out about the postcard you'd have been ahead! Imagine how they'll react if they get u-turned.

The greek kids - yep, sorry, you ARE just babies.

And yes, funny when the footy boys couldn't do the cups and some of the other teams smashed it.

I did like most of the teams too. My favourites so far are newlywed guys and the mighty siblings.

Also like firie woman - she'd be one tough woman.

Edited by steppy, 29 October 2019 - 12:31 PM.

#23 ChristmasFleur

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

YAY, I'm so happy to see this thread! I LOVE the Amazing Race, and I was thrilled to find out that it was coming back on!
So, after the first episode:

Beau, take a chill pill!

Footy boys: oh you are cute, in all the ways. My favourite moment was when they found out about cup stacking and one of them said "That's a sport?!?" in exactly the same tone as I said it. Well done them for persisting.

Gay bogan newlyweds: <3 <3 <3 I do like couples who are madly in love. And hasn't the Amazing Race come a fair way from when the American married blokes in Season 3 were scared of telling their fellow Racers that they were gay?

Nuns: I like you too. They clearly like each other immensely, they're willing to have a go, they're not shoving their faith at people, and one of them making the other laugh with perfect timing so that she blurted water all over the taxi was just funny.

Young Greek siblings: farewell, we hardly knew ye. Oh dearie me. I knew you were doomed.

Instagram "influencers": go jump. Lying to people? Stealing from your fellow racers? Stuff that. I have no time for petty nastiness, and that's all it was. Also, lying to people when it is REALLY OBVIOUS that you are lying is just dumb, and will not help you.

Mum & Daughter Muslim Fitness Trainers: Want to know more about, but like on first glance. Love their close bond.

Competitive Queensland Sisters: Hm. Was put off, at first, by them stealing a taxi and then getting cross because the footy boys pushed in front of them at the lift and then they wittered on about karma. Did you not realise that Taxi Karma exists, hm? (also: are there rules about hailing cabs in Seoul? as in, you can only get a taxi at a rank or something?) but I liked how they went about the cup stacking challenge.

Short Melbournians: I need a better name for them! They did well. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Farmer and Firie Wife, or should it be Firie and Farmer Husband: 2nd favourite behind the footy boys. They give no stuffs and they do things well. I am a bit concerned about his "she'll be right, she handles fire hoses" when she went river dancing, what are they using the hoses for in the South Australian CFA?

Indigenous Duo: I like them too! They don't seem to get too flustered and they can call crap when they see it (ahem, Instagrammers!) They have a 2 year old at home as well; oh, they would be missing him. :'(

African-Australian nurses: these two are so cool! Are they wearing scrubs the entire Race though?

Tasks: that water flying looked so cool! I would have chosen dumplings though, although in hindsight (always 20/20) cup stacking proved to be the better choice.
Also, why would you go DOWN when the clue was talking about an observatory tower? Go up! Sheesh.
Looking forward to tonight's episode!

#24 76 others

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

View Poststeppy, on 29 October 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Same thoughts here. Especially the sisters. The other teams did not do anything wrong or mean - being the first to the postcard doesn't make you the first to the elevator. If you hadn't shouted out about the postcard you'd have been ahead! Imagine how they'll react if they get u-turned.

The greek kids - yep, sorry, you ARE just babies.

And yes, funny when the footy boys couldn't do the cups and some of the other teams smashed it.

I did like most of the teams too. My favourites so far are newlywed guys and the mighty siblings.

Also like firie woman - she'd be one tough woman.

You can't really tell if some of the teams smashed it. It always shows the first team for longer and the later teams for shorter. There's no way the nun did the water jet thing faster than the footy boys but going by the clips you'd think they did. They always try to make the timings look close but the boys probably hit the mat an hour before the next team.

#25 Ozquoll

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

So happy Amazing Race is back on! And One Born Every Minute straight afterwards 👶!!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.